Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 4:29:15 AM EDT
I was going to make an ammendment to my trust to add a suppressor that I just received the stamp for.  I realized my trust hasn't been updated since I was married.  I am the Settlor and Trustee.  My wife (with her maiden name) is the Successor Trustee and Beneficiary.  

What do I need to do to update this info on the trust?  Does anyone have an example ammendment for this?  Also, do I make a desperate ammendment for the addition of a suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I now have an ammendment drawn up for the name change.

I am wondering if i need to remove any of the original paperwork in the trust that has her old name on it, and replace it with new versions with the correct name on it?  

Example: on my declaration, it lists the names of the Settlor, trustee, successor trustee, and beneficiary.  It also has the date of which the trust was created.  If i printed a new one of these pages, but with her name updated, I assume I would leave the dates alone and just throw away the original page?  Then on the Beneficiary schedule page.  Do I print a new One, update the info, and then toss the original?

Similarly, when I add the ammendment for adding the suppressor.  Do I print a new Assignment Page, update the info, then toss the original?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OST
View Quote
?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
?
View Quote
Old School Tag

Meaning he wants to know as well....
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I suppose in reality, that would cover all the info needed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would've simply added a copy of my marriage certificate to the original copy of my trust and moved on.
View Quote
I'm still unclear on what "add" means in this context. What method would you use to add it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Make a copy. Stick it on top of the stack of paper that makes up the trust. I assume that stack has a paperclip, or is in an envelope or folder of some kind.

That's it. No amendment or some official way of "adding"...just documenting it's the same person.
View Quote
Gotcha, so when people say they add a dollar to their trust to fund it, they simply throw a dollar in the envelope?

This has always confused me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gotcha, so when people say they add a dollar to their trust to fund it, they simply throw a dollar in the envelope?

This has always confused me.
View Quote
My trust has a page/form for additions that I listed the bill on, got notarized, and paper clipped the bill to.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My trust has a page/form for additions that I listed the bill on, got notarized, and paper clipped the bill to.
View Quote
My page just has 2 witness signatures, which I don't think have to he notarized?

I used 199trust and got all the pages notarized but the assignment sheet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In that case, you're taking about property owned/controlled by the trust, which is usually found on a Schedule and/or Assignement of Property. My trust was funded with the $200 I used on the first stamp, and the initial Schedule looked like this (mine had no requirement for signatures or notary stamps, so it's simple to update):

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_0049_JPG-308964.jpg
View Quote
Simple enough, thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top