Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 5:41:45 PM EDT
I am using the Form 1 Service through Silencer Shop to file for my SBR. Reason I'm doing that is they're attaching their bar code to F1s they're using for F4s.  The system isn't setup for F1s yet, but if it gets finished, I might get the 'upgrade' that some F4 submissions got when they went live with that earlier this year.

Silencer Shop filled in the commander of the Missouri Highway Patrol as the CLEO to be notified.  The guy they have listed recently left that position and someone else is there now.  I called Silencer Shop and asked them about this, they seemed to think it was a non-issue.

So.  Is it a non-issue?  FWIW, they've got the address for the highway patrol's HQ filled in correctly, so it should get to the correct location.  Wanted to see what the hive thought about this.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am using the Form 1 Service through Silencer Shop to file for my SBR. Reason I'm doing that is they're attaching their bar code to F1s they're using for F4s.  The system isn't setup for F1s yet, but if it gets finished, I might get the 'upgrade' that some F4 submissions got when they went live with that earlier this year.

Silencer Shop filled in the commander of the Missouri Highway Patrol as the CLEO to be notified.  The guy they have listed recently left that position and someone else is there now.  I called Silencer Shop and asked them about this, they seemed to think it was a non-issue.

So.  Is it a non-issue?  FWIW, they've got the address for the highway patrol's HQ filled in correctly, so it should get to the correct location.  Wanted to see what the hive thought about this.
View Quote

Won't matter. Practically speaking, it will still get to that 'Office' which is the requirement.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to me that if the Commander of the MO Hwy Patrol is no longer in his position (retired, moved on, etc.) you are not really notifying the CLEO if you are sending a copy of the form addressed to somebody who is no longer with that department.

The worst thing I could see happen is the form gets kicked back or denied by the NFA branch because the named CLEO listed on the Form 1 is no longer the active CLEO of that jurisdiction.  

The NFA branch seems pretty anal retentive now-a-days about everything being 100.00% correct so your plan to get some sort of upgrade may really end up being a delay if they do a minimal cross check to make sure the CLEO listed on the form 1 is still in that position when the form was submitted.  

If it was me and I was paying somebody $35 to print out and submit a Form 1 for me I would request it not contain factual errors that could hang up the approval.

Just my 2 cents anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
IF ATF follows up and sees he was NOT CLEO at time form was signed, your form will get bounced back, but I doubt they will.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I will probably call them in the morning and insist they change it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you cross out the name on the from and hand write the correct one?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe SilencerShop actually prints and submits forms/payment, not the customer, so it would be up to them to edit the form once printed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe SilencerShop actually prints and submits forms/payment, not the customer, so it would be up to them to edit the form once printed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the clarification. I have not used the system from SS so I was not sure how it was done.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Had SS change it, electronically signed today.  And now I wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top