Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 2:17:12 PM EDT
Submitted forms for 2 suppressors a year ago mailed together in the same envelope. One check was cashed immediately. A month later I called to ask about the second one but nobody could help me or knew anything about it or would even bother.

Asked a question about it here but was assured it has happened before and hasn't caused any issue.

Second check cashed in February. Cool I guess.

One suppressor recently came back as approved. Waited for the second...

Called ATF about the second suppressor. They said its pending and was submitted in February. Told them they were submitted in the same friggen envelope. Don't think they care.

Guess I have to wait 18 months...

Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Submitted forms for 2 suppressors a year ago mailed together in the same envelope. One check was cashed immediately. A month later I called to ask about the second one but nobody could help me or knew anything about it or would even bother.

Asked a question about it here but was assured it has happened before and hasn't caused any issue.

Second check cashed in February. Cool I guess.

One suppressor recently came back as approved. Waited for the second...

Called ATF about the second suppressor. They said its pending and was submitted in February. Told them they were submitted in the same friggen envelope. Don't think they care.

Guess I have to wait 18 months...

Fuck.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat.  Paperwork for five stamps mailed the same day. Four got immediately cashed.  Fifth got cashed about a month later.  Four stamps are back and I'm still waiting on number five.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got approval on my first can. Submitted in December last year.

I can only a imagine a few jobs worse than an ATF Customer Service Dept representative.  How fucked is your life that you land in that position and deal with this shit every day?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can only a imagine a few jobs worse than an ATF Customer Service Dept representative.  How fucked is your life that you land in that position and deal with this shit every day?
View Quote
I can only speculate.

You live in or near Martinsburg WV.

WV has a terrible economy.

You need a job.

So, you take a job at a government agency (Thank you Sen. Byrd), but you are a civilian contractor so you don't get the government benefits that you thought you were going to get.

But, you work in a nice heated and air-conditioned office and you see boxes of forms that, to you, look like job security.

And, as bad as we NFA hobbyists are, we probably represent a somewhat higher economic (read polite) class of people as you might talk to in some other jobs.

I mean, really, is anyone going to give the person answering the phone at the NFA branch (or is it division now?) a real hard time when they might have the power to induce a 6 month wait into our lives.

Well, just kidding.  I don't know if a contractor can do anything to delay our approval, even if they wanted to, but I know I'm always nice to them.

Now, in all seriousness... They have always been matter-of-fact, but polite to me - and I to them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
What could be better than dealing with guys like us?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Only issue I've had was a dealer, went to pick up my can and he'd sold the same can to two people, of course I was #2.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I called today about one I was waiting out of 4 in the same envelope. The other three show an ATF signed date of 7/27.

The rep said that they have the "potential error" and the "look good" pile and apparently my one (out of the four) was in the potential error pile.

I didn't ask about completion or time to error letter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
See above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top