Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 5:35:10 AM EDT
I still have probably over half a year until mine gets approved, but i'm just wondering how you all knew when yours was approved?
I tried looking this up, but the only thing I saw was saying that you can call the ATF to get a status update on your form.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Your dealer usually contacts you when they get the stamp in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
All you can do is call (304) 616-4500 and ask. Ask to check on your form 4 transfer, give them your NFA item's serial number, who it is coming from, and who it is going to.  They will tell you one of three things, unless you have an error.
It's not in the system yet.
It's pending as of xx/xx/xx.
It was approved on xx/xx/xx.

Or you can just wait to get called by your local sot when it's ready to be picked up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, don't wait for the SOT to call you, verify they actually submitted it.

And it is just Wonderful when you call and they tell you the form wasn't submitted/they have no record of it ... I guess it will be 4 yrs before I get those cans...

Out of spite I may just buy another set. Through a different dealer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top