BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By luckydube56:
I've had a Form 4 go pending and unresolved for 19 months.  Examiner informed me it had been pending FBI check for most of that time.  My dealer suggested we withdraw and resubmit Form 4 on the chance info was entered into NICS incorrectly.  I'm on my second attempt now for 14 months.  It had been pending as recently as a month ago.  I called to get a status check today and they tell me my application was withdrawn.  By whom?  Fuck.
View Quote

You should get your identity history from the FBI.  They probably have something in their record as "open" and needs to have a final resolution. Get your FBI Identity History:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Fill out the forms online, pay, and then head to a USPS office for fingerprinting. The other option is to mail in prints.
Then you can see what the FBI is seeing when they run the check, and resolve/fix/correct your identity history.

Getting an UPIN might still be needed after fixing the identity history.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:40:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: movingalong] [#2]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still pending, today 383 days and counting.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:
I'm still pending, today 383 days and counting.
View Quote

my first was pending for 5 months, i thought wow, the wait isnt that bad. My second one was pending for 343 days i thought for sure the ATF or post office lost my paper work. I called the NFA branch and was told my F4 was approved on Mar 8th! ATF said they have 45 days to get the approved stamp to my dealer so at least i only have 41 more days max to wait.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

No…you have 41 more days to wait until you can ask for a Certified Copy because the original didn’t show up, and then wait for that copy to be processed/mailed/received.
View Quote

dont say that!

does the ATF just sit on it until a week before the 45 days and then mail it or do they mail it quickly after being approved?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:

my first was pending for 5 months, i thought wow, the wait isnt that bad. My second one was pending for 343 days i thought for sure the ATF or post office lost my paper work. I called the NFA branch and was told my F4 was approved on Mar 8th! ATF said they have 45 days to get the approved stamp to my dealer so at least i only have 41 more days max to wait.
View Quote

345 days, actually for me.  I fat fingered the start date.

Getting government back into its office at all levels has become difficult.

Meanwhile a lancet study says all that mitigation was worthless to ''prevent death'' as we said from the start.

NFA still only tells me 'pending'' when I call, every friday.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SPTiger] [#10]

Meanwhile a lancet study says all that mitigation was worthless to ''prevent death'' as we said from the start.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glocktalk:

Yeah, the federal government has acted like morons throughout this whole COVID crap. I work for the federal gov't. (not any of those ABC agencies) and my facility is still only at 25% staff after two years. I see about five different people on a daily basis out of a normal capacity of ~50, but I work alone 99% of the time. I've been back in the office since September 2020, but I'm still only allowed 30 hours per week in the office, the other ten I telework. I could write a book on all the stupid crap the gov't. has come with during this pandemic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

Yeah, the federal government has acted like morons throughout this whole COVID crap. I work for the federal gov't. (not any of those ABC agencies) and my facility is still only at 25% staff after two years. I see about five different people on a daily basis out of a normal capacity of ~50, but I work alone 99% of the time. I've been back in the office since September 2020, but I'm still only allowed 30 hours per week in the office, the other ten I telework. I could write a book on all the stupid crap the gov't. has come with during this pandemic.
View Quote

The virus hoax has been a terrible example of how STUPID Americans are who #1 complied with it, and #2 voted for those slimebags.

Safest place on the planet are office buildings and airplanes.  Yet here we are.  The work--from--home hoax is going to dissapear as well as the mask hoax.

Anyway, back on topic,  I think Late March is finally being looked at so maybe I'll get at least some indicating of what NFA will want next from my trust/estate transfer that I've already sent them every document for already.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
Wow, just reading 2 pages of this thread and I feel better about my short almost 3 month wait.  

I've got 2 e-file SBR form 1's pending since 12/17/2021.

I actually just called and confirmed both are with an examiner.  And was told since it's been over 60 days, to "ask the experts" if it's been FBI delayed or any other issues?  I'll see if I get a response?

The FBI is probably busy processing Ukrainian Refugee backgrounds, and can't get to ours.

Wait until the new brace rules are published and there's a rush to SBR pistols.  I don't know what they'll do.

But as a gluten for punishment, I'm submitting 2 more form 1's this weekend.
View Quote

Just an update to last weeks email I sent to "ask the experts".

No response (just like the email I sent to them in Feb.).
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#14]
Form 4s are not being approved FIFO in eForms.

View Quote

Neither are the paper forms.

My Form 4 from October 2021 has been approved but the Form 4 from March 2021 is still pending. I called back the next day to make sure I didn't hear it backwards somehow but it's correct according to the people answering the phones. Maybe they applied the background check from March to the Oct form?

It was approved 27-Feb so it should be here any day now. ...............................................................................
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Still mad about it. There are eF4s from January being approved, and mine from 9:06a on the first day (12/23) still isn’t approved. Matter of fact, I’m the only form from the 23rd & 24th for THSF that hasn’t been approved.
View Quote

No kidding I’ve got one on 12/31/21 and it’s still sitting idle. Yet bunch of January 09-15 getting approved. Makes no sense but whatever maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#16]
On hold for 15 minutes so far calling in for a status check.  *sigh*
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#17]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
On hold for 15 minutes so far calling in for a status check.  *sigh*
View Quote

Yeah call at least two hours sooner than that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
Wow, just reading 2 pages of this thread and I feel better about my short almost 3 month wait.  

I've got 2 e-file SBR form 1's pending since 12/17/2021.

I actually just called and confirmed both are with an examiner.  And was told since it's been over 60 days, to "ask the experts" if it's been FBI delayed or any other issues?  I'll see if I get a response?

The FBI is probably busy processing Ukrainian Refugee backgrounds, and can't get to ours.

Wait until the new brace rules are published and there's a rush to SBR pistols.  I don't know what they'll do.

But as a gluten for punishment, I'm submitting 2 more form 1's this weekend.
View Quote

After 3 "Ask the Experts" with no response, I finally got my 2 from 12/17/2021 approved.  One on 3/28, and the other on 3/30. So over 100 days on both.  Two were submitted after those and approved before those.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
So the FIB issued me a UPIN after 8 months, wanted to add it to my SBR form 1, but it won’t allow edits. Hoping after 9 months it will help.

Options?

Submit it thru Ask the Experts?

Email Ripley and hope she can help?

Call?
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:21:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: r-2-k-b-a] [#23]
My AOW trust ( deceased responsible person ) to individual was approved finally after a year.

They never asked about the estate or the death of the person.

Because I included the death cert,  complete trust documents, his will indicating his wife was the only heir, it was not questioned .

I screwed up the Form4 by not checking the NON WHITE BOY box.  Which is asinine and none of their goddamn business.  That delayed it a week, max. So, it was a year for them to touch my paperwork.  Absolutely unacceptable.

Finally after a year!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Watching all these efile form 4’s come back with dates submitted after mine. It just amazes me how they’re all over the place with approval dates, that also includes other types of submissions as well. Typical government run operation.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
Watching all these efile form 4’s come back with dates submitted after mine. It just amazes me how they’re all over the place with approval dates, that also includes other types of submissions as well. Typical government run operation.
View Quote

Submitted through Silencer Shop?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:

Submitted through Silencer Shop?
View Quote

No, local dealer. 1/4 and 1/17 submitted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACTICAL] [#27]

I don’t know that it’ll matter. You could write a statement with the UPIN listed and upload it in the documents section. The system allows you to do that after the form has been submitted…you just can’t delete anything.

Once it’s uploaded, then maybe email them and see if they’ll update it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TACTICAL:
So the FIB issued me a UPIN after 8 months, wanted to add it to my SBR form 1, but it won’t allow edits. Hoping after 9 months it will help.

Options?

Submit it thru Ask the Experts?

Email Ripley and hope she can help?

Call?

I don’t know that it’ll matter. You could write a statement with the UPIN listed and upload it in the documents section. The system allows you to do that after the form has been submitted…you just can’t delete anything.

Once it’s uploaded, then maybe email them and see if they’ll update it?

Way to crush my dreams

I called and they added it to my Form 1 for what it's worth. My hope is that being the FIB finally responded with my UPIN, maybe they finally responded to the AFT....
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Not much different than paper ones. The longest I waited for paper F4 was 8 months. I had a couple at 3 months, one at 1 month, and one at 3 weeks. During that time there were folks who were at 12 months and waiting.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Happy to have gotten the email my first eform submission was approved in 77 days.  Irked as hell that I've still got paper submissions pending with the oldest one approaching a full year soon.  Buy more cans they say.  Have many in the pipline for a shot at a batch approval they say.  So far none for me........

No rhyme or reason.  That's the gubmint for ya.

Sorry just wanted to rant for a second.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Check cashed April 29 of 2021, pending still. I run background checks for my agency all the time, I could sort this whole thing out in a month or two. Lazy fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DeuceGoon:
Check cashed April 29 of 2021, pending still. I run background checks for my agency all the time, I could sort this whole thing out in a month or two. Lazy fucking assholes.
View Quote

My check was cashed on April 30th and have yet to hear anything. This is beyond stupid.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Got an email from the ATF today.

Good Morning-

A note has been placed in your record reference the UPIN.

Your form 4 was received on 04/06/2021 and we are currently processing forms received around the first part of April.  The processing times published are the "average" processing times.  Unfortunately, the average wait times fluctuate continually due to increases in the volume of applications received.  We work the applications in the order in which they are received, and your application will be processed as soon as we reach that date in the processing queue.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:40:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACTICAL] [#33]
Originally Posted By 243savage:

Good Morning-

Your form 4 was received on 04/06/2021 and we are currently processing forms received around the first part of April.  The processing times published are the "average" processing times.  Unfortunately, the average wait times fluctuate continually due to increases in the volume of applications received.  We work the applications in the order in which they are received, and your application will be processed as soon as we reach that date in the processing queue.
View Quote

My Form 1 was approved after 234 days just a few days after I got my email saying my UPIN was added to my application. Fingers crossed for you!
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By eric496:

The name of the SOT who has it now. Their business name is on the Form 4.

ETA: Call in the morning if you can. Seems like every time I call in the afternoon I end up on perpetual hold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:

304-616-4500 They'll need your name, the serial number, and the dealer's name.
Thanks. I bought through Silencer Shop, do I say them or my FFL?

The name of the SOT who has it now. Their business name is on the Form 4.

ETA: Call in the morning if you can. Seems like every time I call in the afternoon I end up on perpetual hold.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the suggestion to call in the morning. I've been on hold for almost 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 243savage:

Good Morning-

View Quote

Good grief. So they’re just getting to forms they’ve had for a year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#36]

My Form 4 from October 2021 has been approved but the Form 4 from March 2021 is still pending. I called back the next day to make sure I didn't hear it backwards somehow but it's correct according to the people answering the phones. Maybe they applied the background check from March to the Oct form?

It was approved 27-Feb so it should be here any day now. ...............................................................................
View All Quotes
Form 4s are not being approved FIFO in eForms.

Well, today the person answering the phone said that maybe there is something not right with my Form 4 from last March and put me through to Jared Horton. Of course he didn't answer the phone so I left a message. Maybe this is progress?

The Form 4 that was approved 27-FEB still hasn't arrived yet.
 It finally showed up.

ETA 13-April: The Form 4 from last March has moved on to an examiner. Hopefully that is a good sign.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#37]
eForm 1 - Day 25.  Meanwhile, I am seeing people on reddit getting approved in 9 days for eForm 1 trusts....and others on day 60.

How the fuck can the AT fucking F fuck this up so badly?  I swear to God, they could fall out of a boat and miss the water.

Tropic Thunder - Nutless Monkey
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#38]
When I submitted my eForm 1 others were getting approval in around 3 weeks or so.  I waited 93 days (more than 4 times longer) for my approval.  

I submitted my two eform 4's on 1/17/22 so (so far) I have been waiting 90 days.  My name is a very common last name (just outside of the top ten most common) in the United States and is shared with over 800,000 other people (I looked it up in the census information). The odds of (one or more) prohibited persons with a close match to both my name and birthdate are high.

The FBI background check portion of the approval process is ridiculously slow for everyone... but it is slow as sh*t for people with common names.

It may be summer before I get my eform 4 cans approved.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Same here.  Mine was submitted 1/26, still nothing.  Just a little frustrating watching other approvals roll in with later submission dates.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Day 91 on 2 cans. What the hell NFA branch!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Day 90 on my first can using an eform 4, anytime now ATF
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cccollin545:
View Quote

You do realize 90 days was a goal, not a definite....right??
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I’m currently at 113 days on one and 95 on another. I have very little faith in their 90 day goal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#44]
At day 44 on Eform1 . Longest wait I have ever had. Meanwhile people are being approved in less than a week. They are gaming the system. Trying to keep average down. You'd think the computer would assign the next on the list once an examiner finishes one. I hate how inefficient our government is. A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Over 370 days since my form 4 was submitted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Yeet-Cannon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yeet-Cannon:

Yes I do, just wanted to post it is all. IMO we shouldn’t have to wait and just buy these over the counter
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Magick:
At day 44 on Eform1 . Longest wait I have ever had. Meanwhile people are being approved in less than a week. They are gaming the system. Trying to keep average down. You'd think the computer would assign the next on the list once an examiner finishes one. I hate how inefficient our government is. A right delayed is a right denied.
View Quote

Im at 86 days on a eform 1. This is my second form 1. First was 126 days(that one was a pending research so I understood). But I thought this one would go a lot faster since it was available in the drop down menu.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Magick:
View Quote

Also seeing guys on reddit approved in a week or less.  Very frustrating...and I don't buy the bg check BS.  I just think they have their heads up their own asses.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I docusigned almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard from dealer to certify yet.  What gives.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:
I docusigned almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard from dealer to certify yet.  What gives.
View Quote

Call your dealer and ask…
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top