Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 12:15:40 PM EDT
So I was talking to my kids about a shotgun I read about back in the 80's...

Seems someone took a right-hand eject 1100 and a left-hand eject 1100, mounted them both onto one pistol grip/stock, and (iirc) arranged the trigger stuff to either fire left, right, or both with one pull.

I remember seeing pics of it at the time (it was in a magazine article, probably...this was the 80's after all), and later heard it was classified as an NFA (destructive device, maybe?)

Anyone remember this, have links, or....?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember the gun, but it sounds full of win!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a thread from 2007 where someone combined two Remington 870s in a similar fashion, to create the Remington 1740
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=280902
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Here's a thread from 2007 where someone combined two Remington 870s in a similar fashion, to create the Remington 1740
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=280902

Thanks! Interesting project there, even if I can't see the pics (gotta be registered there). One of the posters mentioned the object of my memory/this thread....

FWIW years ago if I remember correcly Soldier Of Fortune magazine had a write up on a double barrel Remington 1100 shotgun I forget what it was called but the concept is the same as what you are trying to build.

...which is good, so now I'm pretty sure I'm not delusional...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Tony Rumore/TROMIX did a siamese .223, about half way down the page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top