Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2010 11:30:16 AM EDT
Hello Gents,

I recently shot a freinds machine gun and it put a fire under my butt to get a trust set up.

Heres the rub I plan to move in 2 to 3 years; should I go ahead and setup a trust and get the Toys now or wait till Im in the New permanent house?

If I get it now will it be difficult to change all address?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Frogster
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
change of location of a NFA item is easy,  just submitt a ATF 5320.20 to the NFA branch, prior to the move.  wait for the approval to be mailed back, and move. if you will be moving out of state,  just make sure that the state you will be moving to allows that NFA item, otherwise it will be disapproved
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh man I cant leave Texas.  just different county or some such.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
what about the city, state engraving on the lower?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I dont know i was planing on going full auto not sbr.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know i was planing on going full auto not sbr.

yeah i just re-read that.  not to threadjack i was just wandering if you had to do anything with the engraving if you change states.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you just leave it as it is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What my lawyer told me, who is also an SOT is that nothing trust wise needs to change just the ATF moving form thing needs to be filed
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you just leave it as it is.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If that is the case you don't really need to do anything. The ATF asks that you notify them in writing so they can update your address.

As far as engraving goes the engraving on a firearm(in your case you would be talking about a home made sbr, sbs or supressor) is where the weapon was made. Its no different then the marking for the vendor that made the weapon at first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top