Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
I currently live in Florida, but may be moving back home to Kentucky after 20 years. I would like to get into Class 3/NFA, but I'm not sure whether it would be better to start here or Kentucky and furthermore if I have more rights here in Fl. or in Ky.

I am looking to buy SMG like a Sten and a MP5SD , as well as putting a can on a Remmington 700 .308, the Sten, and an AR15/M16.

I realize this may be a 'loaded' question as it were, but I need to start plannin my work & workin my plan. Any and all help is appreciated.

David

BTW... can someone give me a list or point me to one that gives an explanation to the MANY abreviations I keep seeing around here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 3:58:39 PM EDT by diveriter]
Perhaps I shouuld have posted this in the M-16 Full Auto Forum...

If so please advise & I'll repost it there.

David
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:31 PM EDT
Florida and Kentucky are both Class 3 friendly and all of the guns you mentioned are legal in either state. Bear in mind if you buy in Florida before you move, you'll need to file a 5320.20 to approve the move of the weapons from FL to KY, but that's not a big deal.

I would recommend you start your collection now because there is no telling what prices will look like if you wait.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Florida and Kentucky are both Class 3 friendly and all of the guns you mentioned are legal in either state. Bear in mind if you buy in Florida before you move, you'll need to file a 5320.20 to approve the move of the weapons from FL to KY, but that's not a big deal.

I would recommend you start your collection now because there is no telling what prices will look like if you wait.

Thanks Phil_A_Steen

Is there also a good 'How To Get Started' document of the like? I want to make sure I cross all Ts and dot all Is... including checking out the dealer & what to look for in the leagality as well as history, pricing & quality of FA weapons I may buy. If I'm gonna do this... I want to make sure I do it RIGHT & don't get bent @ the same time.

Thanks,
David
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:48:11 AM EDT
While mainly directed towards dealers, it has a wealth of information regarding the legal aspects of the C3 world and, it's a must read for anyone interested in title II firearms.

Available from LMO for about $30.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:24 AM EDT
An excellent and free place to get started: www.titleii.com/BardwellOLD/nfa_faq.txt

Also, check out:

www.subguns.com

and

www.sturmgewehr.com
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:35:30 AM EDT
Thank you guys... this should get me started. Forewarned is forearmed!

David
Top Top