Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
I currently live in Florida, but may be moving back home to Kentucky after 20 years. I would like to get into Class 3/NFA, but I'm not sure whether it would be better to start here or Kentucky and furthermore if I have more rights here in Fl. or in Ky.

I am looking to buy SMG like a Sten and a MP5SD , as well as putting a can on a Remmington 700 .308, the Sten, and an AR15/M16.

I realize this may be a 'loaded' question as it were, but I need to start plannin my work & workin my plan. Any and all help is appreciated.

David

BTW... can someone give me a list or point me to one that gives an explanation to the MANY abreviations I keep seeing around here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps I shouuld have posted this in the M-16 Full Auto Forum...

If so please advise & I'll repost it there.

David
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Florida and Kentucky are both Class 3 friendly and all of the guns you mentioned are legal in either state.  Bear in mind if you buy in Florida before you move, you'll need to file a 5320.20 to approve the move of the weapons from FL to KY, but that's not a big deal.  

I would recommend you start your collection now because there is no telling what prices will look like if you wait.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Florida and Kentucky are both Class 3 friendly and all of the guns you mentioned are legal in either state.  Bear in mind if you buy in Florida before you move, you'll need to file a 5320.20 to approve the move of the weapons from FL to KY, but that's not a big deal.  

I would recommend you start your collection now because there is no telling what prices will look like if you wait.

Thanks Phil_A_Steen

Is there also a good 'How To Get Started' document of the like? I want to make sure I cross all Ts and dot all Is... including checking out the dealer & what to look for in the leagality as well as history, pricing & quality of FA weapons I may buy. If I'm gonna do this... I want to make sure I do it RIGHT & don't get bent @ the same time.

Thanks,
David
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
While mainly directed towards dealers, it has a wealth of information regarding the legal aspects of the C3 world and, it's a must read for anyone interested in title II firearms.

Available from LMO for about $30.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
An excellent and free place to get started:  www.titleii.com/BardwellOLD/nfa_faq.txt

Also, check out:

www.subguns.com

and

www.sturmgewehr.com
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you guys... this should get me started. Forewarned is forearmed!

David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top