Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:30:40 AM EDT
Assumidly a supressor could be permanently attached to a barrel (to keep oal 16").  This done, what would the life expectancy be?  
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It can, and has been done, but there are too many variables in your question for a quick answer.

What suppressor?
What caliber?
What gun?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
.22LR
9mm
AR platform
Can the three be contrasted?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you shoot out the barrel over time or damage it in some way, you're stuck with a suppressor attached to the end of it.

I'd recommend going the SBR route as well (as it's only $200 more), but I see that you are in Michigan and can't have an SBR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea no SBRs unfortunately.  It appears we might get to have supressors but no confimation yet.  
I was contemplating the SBR look without violating the oal rule.  Hopefully we will get the ok for supressors all the same.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My suggestion which you may want to look into  (unfortunatly I do not know if this is legal) is to do a light weld to the can on a  threadded barrel.  If need be you could always grind it off and salvage the can.  This is what I thougt about doing myself unfortunatly I do not know if its 100% legal, it may be a grey area in the law but you wont be able to get it off with out taking it to a shop.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top