Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:30:40 AM EDT
Assumidly a supressor could be permanently attached to a barrel (to keep oal 16"). This done, what would the life expectancy be?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:35:23 AM EDT
It can, and has been done, but there are too many variables in your question for a quick answer.

What suppressor?
What caliber?
What gun?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 8:32:42 AM EDT by rocketman223]
.22LR
9mm
AR platform
Can the three be contrasted?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you shoot out the barrel over time or damage it in some way, you're stuck with a suppressor attached to the end of it.

I'd recommend going the SBR route as well (as it's only $200 more), but I see that you are in Michigan and can't have an SBR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:32:58 PM EDT
Yea no SBRs unfortunately. It appears we might get to have supressors but no confimation yet.
I was contemplating the SBR look without violating the oal rule. Hopefully we will get the ok for supressors all the same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:01:24 PM EDT
My suggestion which you may want to look into (unfortunatly I do not know if this is legal) is to do a light weld to the can on a threadded barrel. If need be you could always grind it off and salvage the can. This is what I thougt about doing myself unfortunatly I do not know if its 100% legal, it may be a grey area in the law but you wont be able to get it off with out taking it to a shop.
Top Top