Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2017 12:14:56 PM EDT

What am I in for?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There are two versions of how the barrels are kept in alignment with the cylinder.  Mine has the lever, it pops out of place so I place duct tape over it when firing so the barrel stays lined up with the cylinder.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What am I in for?
View Quote

No idea, I've always wanted to get one though.
I have a couple BP guns, genuine BP seems to clean easier than the substitutes (pyrodex and sim) so use that if you can get your hands on it.

Let me know how you like it, the seem like a fun time to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is the cavalry model with the flip down lever. Its tight as hell and I have to use a mallet to tap it open.
I suppose this will loosen with use.
I debated over which version to buy. I really like the spur trigger guard and lanyard ring on the cavalry model.
This thing looks almost steampunk!

What kind of wads are you using in the shotgun barrel?

Where did you find a nipple wrench?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool buy OP!

I'm not into blackpowder (in student housing so I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon) currently but someday I want one.  

Watching Westworld is gonna end up costing me a fortune
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top