Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I sold 2 5 line 1926 dated 91/30's in really good condition for $550 each about a year ago.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Seeing Mosins go for that much, even ones that would be better off being tomato stakes, really hurts. Wish i was able to getting into mil surp way sooner.

Especially after opening up old issues of Shotgun News and seeing ads like this. Which i clearly remember from back in the day. But they weren't of my interest at the time. Hindsight is a bitch.

I am just glad i was able to get my baby before Pat sold them all to classic. Wish i was able to get a second one before that. I wanted one to mount a period correct scope on so i could compete in the Vintage sniper match in both the scoped and irons category.

Still need to find someone willing to sell their repo bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm stunned. Just ran across the prices of Mosins on Gunbroker for $500+.

My son and I each bought a 91/30 at a gun show and paid $110 each and got a sealed tin of Russian ammo to go with each one plus other items. I still have the two tins in the original wood crate in storage as I already had plenty of 7.62 Russian ammo to shoot. I paid for both rifles and ammo. These were so my son and I could go shooting together, and we have over the years, but both rifles have not been fired in several years.

The two we have have bayonets and slings and are in excellent condition. They were so cheap that I never even logged them into my list of owned firearms. I guess I need to get them out and oil them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone once mentioned to me a different way to look at the milsurp prices than I had considered previously.

Those of us who grew up with $59 Mosins and $79 SKS's always looked at them as the "cheap" guns to buy.  And they were cheap because of the quantity out there and that they had been made in large quantities, decades ago and been fully paid for from the manufacturing cost perspective.  Costs were then just associated with perceived value and availability from importing them.

However, if a new company were to spin up to produce a new Mosin Nagant or SKS, what would that cost?  Or say Ruger decided to make those...  what would Ruger charge for a brand new Mosin or SKS?  Surely it would be well above the price that the milsurps demand (even now) just based on material cost alone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I am exploring wanting to make a sniper out of an Tula hex 91/30 and I am being told that it wouldn't be correct at all.

Or am I better off just selling the way it is. It is a 1932 production.

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn I've got a 91/30 and an M44 that I never shoot anymore just sitting in the safe. Got them both from AIM surplus in 2012, they were doing a Black Friday deal......both rifles for $249 combined.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am exploring wanting to make a sniper out of an Tula hex 91/30 and I am being told that it wouldn't be correct at all.

Or am I better off just selling the way it is. It is a 1932 production.

View Quote

The correct scope for a 1932 Tula is a older PE type scope, those cost 400 or so for a repro or over a grand for an original if you can even find one. The mounts and bases are equally difficult to find and will require a gunsmith that knows how since it's easy to irrecoverably damage the receiver. The later PU scope's and mounts are easier to find but are incorrect, require gunsmithing as well and are not designed to fit a hex receiver anyway. If you want a Mosin sniper save you're penny's and buy a legit example, baring that find a "ex-sniper" and have a original scope and mount reinstalled. Either of those will be more accurate (generally) and also appreciate in value as collectables. If you do go down either of these roads make sure you do your homework and learn how to tell the difference between a legit example and a reproduction/fake.  The Mosin sniper market is a minefield of misrepresented repro's and outright fakes with legit examples mixed in and it's easy to get burned.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Once youve shot a finnish one... you wont bother with the russian ones.

sold mine all but the M39... paid $175 for it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seeing Mosins go for that much, even ones that would be better off being tomato stakes, really hurts. Wish i was able to getting into mil surp way sooner.

Especially after opening up old issues of Shotgun News and seeing ads like this. Which i clearly remember from back in the day. But they weren't of my interest at the time. Hindsight is a bitch.

https://i.imgur.com/jm4BPAF.jpg https://i.imgur.com/dM9c7nn.jpg

I am just glad i was able to get my baby before Pat sold them all to classic. Wish i was able to get a second one before that. I wanted one to mount a period correct scope on so i could compete in the Vintage sniper match in both the scoped and irons category.

https://i.imgur.com/AC0cz99.jpg

Still need to find someone willing to sell their repo bayonet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm so glad I had the chance to get in on the 1998-2010 run of surplus.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm so glad I had the chance to get in on the 1998-2010 run of surplus.
View Quote

Me too! For awhile there I was buying one a month. All my friends thought I was nuts for buying so many of those "cheap garbage rods"  They now all wish they had done the same.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#13]
So whats a Finn marked M91 New England Westinghouse worth now?
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You mean these aren't $400 any more?

https://i.imgur.com/RUelOgJ.jpg
View Quote

Knob Creek has one for 1200 or so on consignment. Not sure how original it is though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I see it as just another symptom of our inflationary times.  Any centerfire rifle in good condition has to be worth more than $400.

Just go into any store and see what you can buy for $100.  I was looking at the prices of new brass the other day and a bag of 6.5x55 brass was over $60 Canadian.  A pound of powder is also over $60 and when you look at it this way, a solid all steel rifle in good shape has to be at least $400

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
At the tulsa show.  Mosins everywhere.  Non under $400
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a beautiful mint all matching (Not forced) Polish 1954 M44 with the Radom arsenal marking in that I need to sell, they have to bring a nice price now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a beautiful mint all matching (Not forced) Polish 1954 M44 with the Radom arsenal marking in that I need to sell, they have to bring a nice price now.
View Quote
I have the same rifle, but 1953, unissued and unfired.  They aren't all that uncommon.  They go for about $600-700.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]
It seems like lots of WWII era guns were imported from Ukraine and we’re seeing those type’s being used in Ukraine today. Makes me wonder, when all this stuff dies down, if there will be another wave of cheap surplus firearms?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It seems like lots of WWII era guns were imported from Ukraine and we’re seeing those type’s being used in Ukraine today. Makes me wonder, when all this stuff dies down, if there will be another wave of cheap surplus firearms?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have the same rifle, but 1953, unissued and unfired.  They aren't all that uncommon.  They go for about $600-700.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48571712867_be5d1f4ceb_k.jpg

View Quote
Still about double what I paid for mine.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still about double what I paid for mine.  
View Quote
Yep, but I wouldn't ever sell mine, especially as we're moving into a buyer's market.  

They don't make unissued/unused 1953 Mosin's anymore.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
What's a nice 03A3 Springfield going for these days?  $1,500?

I paid $35 for my first Mosin and substantially more for the next couple I bought over the years.  I should sell them all and get a nice M1 Carbine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I paid $35 for my first Mosin and substantially more for the next couple I bought over the years.  I should sell them all and get a nice M1 Carbine.
View Quote
You'd need to give a LOT more details and info about the 03A3 to give an accurate answer.  A lot of variables are involved in determining its value.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
There would have to be something very special about that A3 to make it $1500.

They sell for $800 or so now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I had several that I bought back when they were something like $79 each and when they went up to roughly double that I sold them all, because of course I just knew that they wouldn’t go any higher than the $150 range.

Oh well, at least I didn’t lose money, but if I could see into the future I’d sell those again at a much higher price.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top