Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 7:52:29 AM EDT
I'm usually pretty good with deciphering military marks on weapons and gear, I have books, hand compiled lists going back to when my grandfather dealt with them, and tons of right clicked PDF spreadsheets

That said, I currently have an enfield (no5mk1) that has a numbered broad arrow, specifically 13/|\, and I can't find anything in the stuff I have (there's a good possibility I have it but just can't find the right list) about it.

What I do know is that it was field refurbed/repaired at unit level, eventually sos'd, and imported pre 68. But the 13/|\, which is on the rear of the left receiver wall is vexing me. I don't need to know, but I would like to.

Anyone have a good source for numbered b/a stamps on small arms?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the best work I have seen is "The Broad Arrow" by Ian Skennerton...

Covers pretty much all British markings...excellent book...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top