Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 11:38:32 PM EDT
No rifles
No ammo
Limited pistols.  

Are there any good deals coming in in the future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've heard there is no more coming for the foreseeable future.   Don't know if it's because of sanctions, the UN paying countries to destroy surplus instead of selling it off, or there literally being no more left.  Could be a mixture of everything. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a lot of surplus, but its untouchable right now since its in China and Russia.  

I think you will see a lot of small caches being found and imported, but nothing like we are used to.

I realized a while back that my milsurp gun buying days are sadly pretty much over.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Local pawn shops have been my best resource.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
since the 50s, the world went to making non importable rifles (M14s, sa80, FALs, AK47s, Galils, FAMAS, AUGs)  so the bolt action guns have already been imported except for a few piles that have other red tape (lend lease, VRA, Etc).
View Quote
This. Over 50 years of surplusing the importable stuff of finite quantity.

Secondly markets are where the best bargains are found anyways as you know exactly what you are buying.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
A lot is still out there, we just can't import it.

Then the problem when it can be imported is greedy overseas sellers. They know what they have now and its value, so they want top dollar. It's not like the 90s with cheap surplus from poor Eastern Europe/Asian countries. Importers aren't going to pay what they want now.

Sanctions killed off a lot of imports.

Parts kits pretty much died because of barrel bans.

Canada imports a lot of cool stuff though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Other than more stuff from Russia if sanctions ever lifted .........its all gone into collections.

The 2nd Golden age of Surplus is over...It's all secondary market now.

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
since the 50s, the world went to making non importable rifles (M14s, sa80, FALs, AK47s, Galils, FAMAS, AUGs)  so the bolt action guns have already been imported except for a few piles that have other red tape (lend lease, VRA, Etc).
View Quote
Correct of course.  Add to it:

- UN is anti-gun and increasingly pays for destruction of arms (including pistols)

- EU is blatantly anti-gun and will increasingly block exports while also favoring destruction

- Obama threw roadblocks in the path of imports (Ie Korean Garands and carbines) and Trump is too busy to lift those roadblocks

- even Bush was anti-import, as shown by his barrel ban, which decimated the kit market.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Add to that that most of the eastern bloc countries that CAN import to us have very good reasons for holding onto everything they have.

Just because we are not getting anymore doesn't mean it's "dead". Just a new paradigm. Now it's garage/pawn/secondary market finds. Next time there is a big evil black rifle panic you'll see folks selling their surplus cheap to go buy $2500 ARs again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This covers it pretty well. I doubt there are many large stashes of guns coming in without changes to the 68 GCA and the 86FOPA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top