Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 11:04:05 PM EDT
I'm thinking about thinning the herd of some things I hardly ever shoot.

Mauser 1910, 1914, Walther No4 4th variation, and a Bayard.

The 1914 has a slight bulge in the barrel near the muzzle that doesn't affect function or accuracy but still sucks. It's numbered to the gun so I haven't changed it. Both Mausers are pre-nazi

Convince me to keep them? The Bayard is the most interesting to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bulge in the 1914. Such a shame but still shoots great

Attachment Attached File

1910 is marked Germany on the barrel. No other importation type marks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The 1910 is a 25 auto and the 1914 is a 32auto
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the 1910 and the 1914....

Just taking a total SWAG, assuming they aren't rigs (no holsters, extra mags) I would guess the 1910 about $300 (it looks like it might have a little condition issue, but I could be wrong), probably about the same for the 1914 with the bulge in the barrel...

That's my guess's...

Wouldn't hazard a guess on the others, not in my wheelhouse...

ETA Something looks off on the grips on the 1914....like the cutout isn't hugging the mag release button...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the 1910 and the 1914....

Just taking a total SWAG, assuming they aren't rigs (no holsters, extra mags) I would guess the 1910 about $300 (it looks like it might have a little condition issue, but I could be wrong), probably about the same for the 1914 with the bulge in the barrel...

That's my guess's...

Wouldn't hazard a guess on the others, not in my wheelhouse...

ETA Something looks off on the grips on the 1914....like the cutout isn't hugging the mag release button...
View Quote
Those grips do look odd, but that isn't a mag release button, it's a safety release button. I think $300 is a good value on the 1910 and I would say around $200 on the 1914 because of the bulge. I have two 1914's and I bought them both for less than $250 each less than a year ago.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those grips do look odd, but that isn't a mag release button, it's a safety release button. I think $300 is a good value on the 1910 and I would say around $200 on the 1914 because of the bulge. I have two 1914's and I bought them both for less than $250 each less than a year ago.
View Quote
Yeah, you're right, haven't played with mine in a while...that's some good prices on the 1914's...usually when I see them, they are $400 for just the pistol, which IMHO is too much. But with the bulge, you are right it could be lower...most guys would turn their nose up at it, it doesn't bother me, if its the numbers matching barrel...

Its not like I would be shooting 3-gun with it...
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, you're right, haven't played with mine in a while...that's some good prices on the 1914's...usually when I see them, they are $00 for just the pistol, which IMHO is too much. But with the bulge, you are right it could be lower...most guys would turn their nose up at it, it doesn't bother me, if its the numbers matching barrel...

Its not like I would be shooting 3-gun with it...
View Quote
both guns all match. I probably should find another barrel for the '14 and keep the numbers matching one just to have it,  but yes it matches. Shoots well too.

I think I've gotten over selling them after handling them again for a few evenings. Not like they take up any space.

Curious on the GERMANY stamp on the 1910 barrel. Its the only one on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

both guns all match. I probably should find another barrel for the '14 and keep the numbers matching one just to have it,  but yes it matches. Shoots well too.

I think I've gotten over selling them after handling them again for a few evenings. Not like they take up any space.

Curious on the GERMANY stamp on the 1910 barrel. Its the only one on the gun.
View Quote
That is an early import mark when they brought the guns to the US. You see that quite a bit on Lugers and other German pistols of this period. From what I've read it was how they marked them for import pre-WW2 so your gun probably came in during the interwar period some time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is an early import mark when they brought the guns to the US. You see that quite a bit on Lugers and other German pistols of this period. From what I've read it was how they marked them for import pre-WW2 so your gun probably came in during the interwar period some time.
View Quote
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top