Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 7:49:01 PM EDT
Hey guys

i recently picked up a Savage made SMLE NO4 MK1 a few days ago and have a questions as to the markings on it 

as you can see from the first photo, there is a mark on the top of the receiver I’m not familiar with - any ideas

she shoots great. It’s a 1942, two groove. All parts are marked Savage including the stock 

I think I did pretty well

thanks for the help

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Arrow in the U is a South African ownership mark, a real bonus!

Lets slot floppies!

And if it is all Savage, then you scored big time, what a nice piece!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks real nice if I am correct ( could be wrong) I think all the savages were originally built with the 3/6 flip sight not the adjustable on your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks real nice if I am correct ( could be wrong) I think all the savages were originally built with the 3/6 flip sight not the adjustable on your rifle.
View Quote
Early Savage made rifles came with the micrometer sight.  But they're pretty hard to find these days, and when you do find them they're spendy.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Here’s a photo of the sight. It is marked Savage. 

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top