Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:53:55 PM EDT
I have a nice ZF41 model vet bring back, missing the scope sadly. Im holding onto that rifle to make it all authentic(yea I know its going to be expensive) and its in beautiful shape. But what I really would like to do is make a shooter K98. I want to get maybe one of the better imported mausers, and try to get the repro mount/rings/ 4xscope for it. What particular model should I look for for better accuracy? This is what id like the finished product to look like: http://www.kirkemmerich.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/k98-sniper-walnut-001.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
To replicate that, you will need a German K98, not one of the Yugo M48 or 24/47's. Bore condition should be of utmost importance for your build.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is what id like the finished product to look like: http://www.kirkemmerich.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/k98-sniper-walnut-001.jpg

Image posted for ya:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To replicate that, you will need a German K98, not one of the Yugo M48 or 24/47's. Bore condition should be of utmost importance for your build.

I would agree. The rifle and the shooter make it accurate. Not the scope.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree. The rifle and the shooter make it accurate. Not the scope.

I agree, with mine I ended up shooting 300 yards accurately with irons, all 5 rounds within a 6 inch circle. Not the best but thats minute of man I think! I just dont wish to shoot that rifle since its in such great shape with an amazing bore.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
These are the best repro mounts that I am aware of.

MJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top