Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:43:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:14:21 AM EDT
I faxed mine, dealer discount kicked in the next day. Even though a C&R holder is not a dealer- Midway will still give you the dealer discount. fax it to them!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:33:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 10:37:20 AM EDT by medicmandan]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:14:13 AM EDT
For the discount to show up you do need to logon to your account at both places.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Did you include your customer number in the fax, I didn't think to when I just sent it off.

Does the discount show up like on Brownells?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
They will also eventually send you a dealer master catalog and periodic dealer flyers that show your discount.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:28:23 AM EDT
The C&R discount just got seriously cut back. The difference between this catalog and the last is huge, and most of the items that were $40 and $50 discounts before are now a $1 discount. In most cases, it's negligible at best.

Dunno why they killed it, but it sucks.

I'll be spending my $$ at Grafs from now on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:30:22 AM EDT
What kind of discount does Grafs give?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:49:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
The C&R discount just got seriously cut back. The difference between this catalog and the last is huge, and most of the items that were $40 and $50 discounts before are now a $1 discount. In most cases, it's negligible at best.

There are still some sizeable discounts, but I'm sorry to hear that I missed the ebst of it.

Think I'll see what Grafs has to offer...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:11:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:38:58 AM EDT
You can still get some good discounts. I just bought two Leupold scopes and got $50.00 off each - it was the best deal around & I checked quite a few places.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:37:21 PM EDT

Swingset,

I just did a spot check and the discounts seem to be about where they have been. For example, once fired 45 ACP brass was $76.99/1000 retail, but $52.99 dealer. However for sale items, there is almost no difference between retail and dealer prices. Dealers get a token $.10 difference in a lot of cases.

I just called Midway and they said that they have not made a policy change for C&R holders. Have you checked the expiration date on your C & R? Midway said that what sometimes happens is if your C & R on file with them is not current, there may be a change in your price structure. All you would have to do to get the dealer discount again is to send them an updated C&R.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:38:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Is there a discount on everything, or just certain items?

There is a discount on most everything, but some items have larger discounts than others. There is not much of a discount on items that are on sale.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:42:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:32:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mantis:

Swingset,

I just did a spot check and the discounts seem to be about where they have been. For example, once fired 45 ACP brass was $76.99/1000 retail, but $52.99 dealer. However for sale items, there is almost no difference between retail and dealer prices. Dealers get a token $.10 difference in a lot of cases.

I just called Midway and they said that they have not made a policy change for C&R holders. Have you checked the expiration date on your C & R? Midway said that what sometimes happens is if your C & R on file with them is not current, there may be a change in your price structure. All you would have to do to get the dealer discount again is to send them an updated C&R.

I checked 10 different items in my catalog just now, things I've ordered in the past with the discount. Before those discounts amounted to 10-15%, now those discounts are in the 1-3% range, every last one of them.

For example, 1000 rounds of Wolf 55gr. .223 is only discounted $1, whereas before it was discounted $15. A LocknLoad AP press was discounted almost $100, now it's discounted $1.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:43:40 PM EDT
Dealer price is still pretty good on some stuff.

Leupold MK4 LR/T M3 3.5-10 mildot

Product #: 222681
Manufacturer #: 51850
Dealer Price: $777.39
Retail Price: $1,019.99
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:01:00 PM EDT
With midway, brownells, etc. can you ship to a different address (have it shipped to your work for instance) than your home addresses that is on your C&R and still get the discounts? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wyv3rn:
With midway, brownells, etc. can you ship to a different address (have it shipped to your work for instance) than your home addresses that is on your C&R and still get the discounts? Thanks.

Yup
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 7:54:44 PM EDT by cajunboy]

Originally Posted By Dr_X:

Originally Posted By wyv3rn:

Yup

You can also do the same with the club membership with Sportsmans Guide.

I have also noticed that the Brownells discount is more significant than the Midway. I just ordered a DPMS AR barrel - Midway discounted the barrel by $10 or so, Brownells by almost $30. I do prefer Midway's site setup.
Top Top