Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 11:44:12 PM EDT
Anyone bought one of the Enfields from AIM. I really would like to pick up one and just wondered how they looked and shot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Most stuff AIM has is in good/excellent shape,  I don't know personally, but I know a couple people picked up other guns from them that were in excellent shape
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The only dealings I have had with them has been great. Bought a K31 from them and what arrived is better then what the guy on the phone told me. I do not how their enfields are though.

Try SOG, they have savage enfields right now for 169 and regular mk4 for 105. The savage I received from them was of early WW2 production but the rifle looks like it was not used. Shoots great with fnm ammo.

hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I am expecting mine in today I ordered it on tuesday from aim I will post back and let you know. when I asked  aim about barrel condition they said that this bache had some pretty good barrels so right now Im just waiting to hear from my wife that the ups truck has brought us the newest family member!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI...

I am a very satisfied customer of AIM and have bought half a dozen C&R's from them.  The No1 MKIII I bought was the most difficult C&R I've delt with.  Very hard cosmoline that had to be blasted off.

I have no info on the No4, but if they say very good condition you should be very pleased.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The lot AIM has came through India or was refurbed there at some point. I noticed on many that they looked like they had been scrubbed or powerwashed at some point to clean them up.
Most are decent rifles with a few below par from what I have seen. If you are looking for a good shooter than these will do just fine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]
got my no4 mrk 1 on friday sent it back today becouse of a very pitted chamber that even after proper cleaning would not want to extract. Aim said they will be sending me a new one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Hoppy, is that one of the Lithgows that AIM was selling awhile back?  I bought one too, and I swear I've never seen cosmoline set up like that, like frickin' concrete man!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a Savage Enfield from SOG and it came in very nice shape.  I'll post pics if you want to see it.  Just send me an IM.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hoppy, is that one of the Lithgows that AIM was selling awhile back?  I bought one too, and I swear I've never seen cosmoline set up like that, like frickin' concrete man!

Mine is one of the Plain Jane Ishapores.  The solid cosmoline on it resisted all my usual tricks, mineral spirits, acetone, Ed's Red and brake cleaner had no effect on it.  My final solution was bead blasting, wire brush, steel wool and a Dura-Coat finish.

Hey, it's C&R.  Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

After a couple of days of scrubbing and soaking.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks like the stuff my last two turks were encrusted in.  I had to use paint remover to even faze it.  Kind of like a cross between creasote and Permatex form-a-gasket.

Preserved them quite a bit.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is one of the Plain Jane Ishapores.  The solid cosmoline on it resisted all my usual tricks, mineral spirits, acetone, Ed's Red and brake cleaner had no effect on it.  My final solution was bead blasting, wire brush, steel wool and a Dura-Coat finish.

Hey, it's C&R.  Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

After a couple of days of scrubbing and soaking.

home.earthlink.net/~theoneandonlyhoppy/images/09.JPG

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Kind of like a cross between creasote and Permatex form-a-gasket.

You nailed it.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a couple of years before I felt like cleaning up any more guns.  The Albanian SKS was pretty nasty also.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kind of like a cross between creasote and Permatex form-a-gasket.

You nailed it.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I took mine outside and used gasoline!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hell, I took mine outside and used gasoline!

I even tried a little of that, but the Ishapore cosmo just laughed at it.  Besides, I wouldn't use it anyway.  I don't want to make the next Darwin awards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top