Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:42:52 AM EDT
While playing with my new k31 purchase today.. I discovered something that is a slight concern to me...And that is that it will still fire if the bolt is not completely shut and the serial number isnt at 12 o clock.. it will still fire and then rotate to the 12 o clock position.. I know you will probably respond with well your supposed to close it all the way and I realize that... But everyone makes mistakes once in a while and I could easily see myself neglecting to ram it shut all the way while at the range and blastin off rounds... Is this dangerous, and is there a chance that it will blow up the rifle and kill me if the bolt isnt rammed completely shut?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:36:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:57:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 50cal:
It won't fire unless completely closed. Yes, the firing pin will come forward, but can't make contact with the primer unless fully closed.

Well thats good to know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:14:37 PM EDT
50cal is correct. Sometimes you will hear a K31 shooter say his rifle "misfired". This is due to the bolt not being fully closed - the serial number at 12 o'clock ( like you said ). If shooting reloads, sometimes the case is not resized enough, so the bolt does not close easily. Sometimes the bullet is not seated deeply enough, so it contacts the throat . The new K31 shooter will sometimes blame the rifle, but the design is preventing the shooter from hurting himself. It will not fire if the bolt is not closed, though the striker does go forward.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:04:18 PM EDT
Just slap that bolt forward.
Jim
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:43:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:21:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MRW:
There was a big thread on this topic over at swissrifles.com. Repeated "misfiring" like this will cause the internal "stub" on the bolt handle to break off. The firing pin shoulder strikes it because it is not all the way forward

That "stub" will deaden the blow of the firing pin force enough to prevent the round from going off while closing the bolt the rest of the way at the same time but keep doing it and that "stub" will break off and then you'll need a new one before you can fire it again. If it happens by accident, so be it, but for God's sake stop doing it on purpose!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:53:50 AM EDT
Top Top