Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:03:06 AM EDT
A guy I work with brought me this rifle and asked me to get some information on it. From what I can tell it is a brazillian rifle, looks to be a mauser of sorts.......

I need to know what origin it is, date, caliber, and value if you can.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Fabrica de Itajuba in Brazil converted original 7mm DWM Model 1908 Long Rifles to a short rifle in .30/06, starting with the 08/34-.30 ( a conversion of a conversion --om 7mm Long Rifle to 7mm Short Rifle to .30 Sort Rifle) and completed with the Mqe 954- .30 ( a direct conversion from M1908 Rifle to the .30/06 version.

About $200 would be fair depending on bore condition. If its really good and all numbers match and the wood is VG+ about $400(high side)..........yellow is yours as far as I can tell. Not real common if the latter, but not real rare either......nice gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Fabrica de Itajuba in Brazil converted original 7mm DWM Model 1908 Long Rifles to a short rifle in .30/06, starting with the 08/34-.30 ( a conversion of a conversion --om 7mm Long Rifle to 7mm Short Rifle to .30 Sort Rifle) and completed with the Mqe 954- .30 ( a direct conversion from M1908 Rifle to the .30/06 version.

About $200 would be fair depending on bore condition. If its really good and all numbers match and the wood is VG+ about $400(high side)..........yellow is yours as far as I can tell. Not real common if the latter, but not real rare either......nice gun.

Holy yellow is hard to read!!!

Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So it should chamber .30/06? If I am reading your response correctly?

Thanks,
Josh
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The .30 means 30/06, i would try that first. If not its 7mm Mauser....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
According to Ludwig Olsen's book "Mauser Bolt Rifles" the Model 1908/34 was the designation for
CZ made model 24 short rifles in 7mm.  Many of whcih were later converted to .30-06 and were then marked "Fabrica De Itajuba-Brasil.

My Mauser is a Model 1908/34 in 7mm that was not converted and still has the CZ Brno markings in the same spot where yours has the "Fabrica markings."

Pictures are not detaile enough to tell but if you have a sling thingy in the pistol grip right about where your lip is when shouldering then it is definately a Model 24 which is most time called a Vz24.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
According to Ludwig Olsen's book "Mauser Bolt Rifles" the Model 1908/34 was the designation for
CZ made model 24 short rifles in 7mm.  Many of whcih were later converted to .30-06 and were then marked "Fabrica De Itajuba-Brasil.

My Mauser is a Model 1908/34 in 7mm that was not converted and still has the CZ Brno markings in the same spot where yours has the "Fabrica markings."

Pictures are not detaile enough to tell but if you have a sling thingy in the pistol grip right about where your lip is when shouldering then it is definately a Model 24 which is most time called a Vz24.

"Vz" is Czech abbreviation for "Vzor", meaning 'Model'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top