Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:14:52 PM EDT
I sent my application on 12/7.  I just got it yesterday (2/8).  When I opened it,  I noticed my name was out of order on the license.  I.e.,  it is listed as Middle,  First Last instead of (I assume) Last, First Middle.  I checked my application to make sure I didn't screw up and I filled it out per the instructions (Last First Middle).  I also printed it correctly in various other boxes as well as my signature.  I haven't been able to get anywhere other than voice mail at BATF an no returned calls.  Is this a big deal?  If so,  is there a form or something to get it corrected?  I didn't see one on-line.  Or do I have to keep trying to get an actual person on the line?

I'm jonesing to get my license on-file to start ordering.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is last, first, middle.  I would get it corrected if it were my license.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I finally got through to a person today.  I need to send my license back with corrections written on it to the attention of the person handling my State.  Hopefully there will be a quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#4]
"Hopefully the government will do something quick."

Hmmm, unless it's garnish your wages for back taxes owed; you're screwed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one letter wrong in the spelling of my last name.  

Sent it back and it  took about three weeks to get the new one, got it last week.

Problem was, that with all that extra time to "window shop" on-line, I can't decide what my first purchase will be.

Another weird thing is that I have since recieved 8 packets of the books in the mail...guess I know where my license fee went.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
When I got my license they had spelled my address wrong.  Called up the ATF and spoke to a nice lady who took the correction and sent me a new license.  I got it within two weeks and all was well.  I only got two packets of those booklets...I guess my license fee didn't go as far
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I finally got through to a person today.  I need to send my license back with corrections written on it to the attention of the person handling my State.  Hopefully there will be a quick turnaround.

Quick turnaround...

See posts about 2-3 weeks.  When I moved, it took a month.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]
ARGHHHH!!!!!

Two weeks since I sent back the license and counting.  That makes it 10 weeks total from my initial application.

And all of these beautiful guns just waiting for me to buy them!!  Sigh...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the updated license back.  Now,  instead of my name being out of order.  They MISPELLED it!!!  I indicated changes on the original.  I wrote a detailed letter explaining how my name should read.  And they STILL got it wrong.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:33:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Just spoke to a supervisor at ATF.  She is making the correction and mailing one out today.  I shall now go and make a sacrifice to the gods of bureaucracy, cross my fingers, and hope this one is correct.  (please please)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top