Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:50:05 AM EDT
Here is my new (to me) Savage Enfield No.4 Mk.1 from SOG. Overall, I think it is in great shape. Needs some cleaning and overall TLC but should clean up real good once I figure out what I'm doing with the stock.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:43:30 AM EDT
Stock looks pretty good to me, but you will enjoy the hours spent cleaning the cosmo out.

I got my savage from sog and it shoots great( 10 shot pattern about the size of the palm of your hand at 100 yards).
I still have to work on my stock to get the residual cosmoline out.
I would recommend adding a micro meter rear sight to the rifle(they can be found cheap, got mine from a gunsmith for free). This will help your shooting, plus it's fun to flip it up at the range and having people say ' what's that?'.

Have fun shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:56:15 AM EDT
nice one, is it matching numbered?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:16:47 AM EDT
Is that a standard selection or a "Hand picked" item?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:20:35 AM EDT
Thats a nice rifle you got there. +1 on having a nice long adventure of getting all the cosmo out/off the rifle and stock. I have had my Turk Mauser for about 6 months and have yet been able to completely rid it of all the cosmo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:41:44 AM EDT

looks nice.. need to get a mk1 for my own collection.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:58:05 AM EDT
It is matching with all correct marked "S" parts also. I paid the "hand picked" fee as well and I think it was worth it.

I haven't decided if I will shoot it yet or not. I probably will though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:06:34 AM EDT
Good looking rifle. I picked up a hand select from SOG a few months ago and was very pleased with mine.
Top Top