Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 7:11:43 AM EDT by SgtSauer]
After purchasing a russian capture German K98, I was bit by the C & R bug. Last month I traded some old 20rd GI M16 mags for a Russian M44 Mosin Nagant (1946). Yesterday I picked up a Savage Enfield MK.4 No.1*

I have a lot of work to do on all three weapons. They need a real thorough cleaning, especially the Savage Enfield.

Here is the surplus collection so far:

I applied for my C & R back in December and haven't heard anything yet.

The K98 is a Sauer & Sohns 1944 Russian capture with waffen amps intact. Stock and receiver numbers are the only ones that match. The sling is an original that I bought off of ebay for $60.00 (ouch).

The Mosin-Nagant M44 I got by trading some used 20 rd GI AR-15 magazines to a local gunshop. It is 1946 production. All numbers match. I really wanted one dated somewhere in WWII but I can't complain for no money out of pocket.

The Savage No.4 Mk.1* appears to be a late war since it does not have a date on it. All parts have a visible "S" exept for magazine exterior. I don't know if the magazine exteriors are supposed to be marked or not. The magazine follower has an "S" in a box.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:52:46 AM EDT
youve made very good choices, i wish my first 3 buys were as good/smart as yours. took me 2 years into my license to finally start picking up enfields and k98's
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:20:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:24:55 AM EDT
My next purchase will be 1917 or 1903. My intent from this point on is to stick to American firearms but I know I will probably not stick to it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:16:54 AM EDT
After getting your C&R you might think about picking up other versions of the Mosin Nagants. They can still be had for very little money (less than $100, sometimes as little as $60) That way you won't be saying, in 10 years or so, "man I wish I had picked up some of those MNs when they were only $70 each".

The same for some of the Enfields, you might want to pick up some other versions while they are available. These things have a way of coming and going.
Top Top