Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:10:45 PM EDT
I'm looking for a Garand to add to my C&R collection.  Where would be the best place for me to get one?  I've looked at the CMP website and that looks like a viable option, but I would really like to look at one before shelling out that much money.  I know I can look at (and inspect) if I go the gun show or local dealer route but I may have to spend more.  
I just want something that is mechanically sound and that I don't have to put a lot of money into to shoot well.  I don't really mind if the wood needs some work, I have been refinishing stocks for a living it seams like lately.

Anyone have any suggestions or prefered methods for obtaining Garands??
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
CMP
No better deal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
According to Orest Michaels, COO CMP, the store in Anniston is scheduled to open in May 06.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, so sounds like CMP may be the best way to go.  I'm not part of any shooting club, but I am Active Duty Military. But I read on page 4A of their order form that Active Duty Military qualifies as an Affiliated Organization.  Am I reading and intrepreting that correctly??  Or do I have to join some other club??

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok, so sounds like CMP may be the best way to go.  I'm not part of any shooting club, but I am Active Duty Military. But I read on page 4A of their order form that Active Duty Military qualifies as an Affiliated Organization.  Am I reading and intrepreting that correctly??  Or do I have to join some other club??

ODCMP Website FAQ

I’m in the U.S. military. Am I still required to belong to an affiliated club?

No. The military services are special affiliates.  A copy of your current/retiree  military ID card serves to prove as membership in a CMP affiliated organization.
Do I need to participate in another qualifying match?

Your application must include proof of firearms activity unless you are in one the following categories:

* Active duty military, Reserves and Retirees – Submit a copy of your military ID card.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this job does have its benifits!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
CMP Only

Any other way would be foolish. YES its hard to accept not seeing it first. You will get over it. We all did.

They are like children. You love the one you get. ( hopefully other wise DCFS gets involved)

Plus if you cheap out and get a racker you get to spend time sprucing it up. That is time well spent.

JR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top