Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 10:55:07 AM EDT
So, how do I take this thing apart anyway?

Safetys? I cant find any

What type of scope and mount did WWII era russian snipers use? Are they easy to find?

Probably more later, thanks for now guys
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want to build a "fake" sniper?  You might be careful where you say that.  Lots of places that will cause people to start foaming at the mouth.

The safety is by pulling back on the cocking piece and rotating it counter clockwise until you can release it against the receiver.  Easier to do than explain.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/russiannagant/index.asp

There's a disassembly video at the bottom right side.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
So, how do I take this thing apart anyway?

Safetys? I cant find any

What type of scope and mount did WWII era russian snipers use? Are they easy to find?

Probably more later, thanks for now guys

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you want to build a "fake" sniper?  You might be careful where you say that.  Lots of places that will cause people to start foaming at the mouth.

Not really, I just want the original scope and mount. I have little desire in selling it or passing it off as a sniper, just for my own enjoyment

thanks for the vid
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't go to any of the mosin nagant forums with a simple logical request like that.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really, I just want the original scope and mount. I have little desire in selling it or passing it off as a sniper, just for my own enjoyment

thanks for the vid

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't go to any of the mosin nagant forums with a simple logical request like that.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for the vid

haha, ok
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Mad, to use the safety you grasp the rear knob looking thing and pull it rearward, then twist counterclockwise. When you see how if engages you will understand why noone is impressed by the Mosinb Nagant safety. I would not even do the bump test to see if it stays on- I don't want to know.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top