Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 9:31:56 AM EDT
Should be in today or tomorrow. In the mean time, I have some questions.

How do you take it apart?

How do you recommend cleaning it?

How do the 9MM barrels from Makarov.com work?

Has anyone sent theirs to the makarov.com shop to have sight work done? How was it?

Anything else you want to add would be helpful, im sure this will be a fun little toy, and its my first pistol too!!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Should be in today or tomorrow. In the mean time, I have some questions.

How do you take it apart?

Pull down on the two grip type things that are located on the frame in front of the trigger guard, pull slide forward and off. Removing the barrel is a bit more complicated.

How do you recommend cleaning it?

Pull slide off, wipe down and lightly lube frame. Clean barrel and thats about it for a normal cleaning

How do the 9MM barrels from Makarov.com work?

Simply remove old barrel and replace, should take less than two minutes.

Has anyone sent theirs to the makarov.com shop to have sight work done? How was it?

If you are a reloader get the 2002 Accurate Arms book and enjoy the loads listed. 1500fps with a 110gr developes over 500FtLbs of energy and a really kewl fireball.

Anything else you want to add would be helpful, im sure this will be a fun little toy, and its my first pistol too!!  

Don't dry fire it, they are reported to have brittle firing pins that can break when dry firing (Though mine have never done so)
Oh yeah, it is a really fun pistol to shoot. :)

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto the warning about the firing pins breaking when dry firing. I have heard of some that broke after one snap. They are brittle.
There are replacement firing pins available.
Jim
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good, CZ52's are great/ You may also want to lok at getting a compact CZ50 .32ACP
Its c&r and a great little gun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Stripping instructions here www.milsurptech.us/cz52_field_strip.htm

Some good CZ52 stuff here www.geocites.com/Yosemite/2997/CZPAGE.html

More CZ stuff here www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/czech.html

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club.

here's my tip-Try to avoid shooting Czech surplus at indoor ranges.The sparks on the backstop, and the muzzleblast won't be welcomed for long.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool, thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have another silly question

I locked the slide back, how do I put it in battery again? Is there a button or lever Im missing?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no external slide release lever. insert an empty magazine, pull slide back and release, ride hammer down with thumb.
Or...
Look at the lever/bar type thing on the left side of the frame.
Pull slide back, pull downward on bar, release slide. Once again ride hammer dowm with thumb.
If you push up firmly on the safety it will act as a decocker but you once again run into the fragile firing pin problem. Also I have heard there have been a few accidental discharges using the decocker so it is best if you pretend it doesn't exist.

Editted because I don't know my right from my left.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The decocker is a bit of an issue.. It is not like modern DC pistols. If you just "tap" it upwards, it may act the same as pulling the trigger (especially with some of the early aftermarket firing pins).

Get in the habit of both pushing and holding the DC up hard,(You'll feel the tension against your thumb as it releases the hammerspring) AND blocking the hammer with one's thumb while doing this.

I have been shooting '52's for well over a decade, using the DC, with no AD's.. I've probably been lucky..

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top