Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 6:42:54 PM EDT
If I had a C&R (nice suit) and I bought ummm lets say a yugo SKS for example. I would log that in the books and at a later time I want to trade it to a FRIEND for ummmm lets say a Barret 50 BMG(LOL). Do you have to account for that rifle seeing as its gone on a trade? Can I later sell a rifle that I got on a C&R? How many can I sell per year or whatever? Are these not personal guns that can come and go as I please? Can I only trade with other 03 FFL`s

I guess my question is do you log them OUT as well as IN? If so do you need the persons personal information or 03 FFL number?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If you trade or sell the gun you log it out. In your bound book you either log it out to the FFL # (01 , 03 , 07, ect...) or the persons name and address if private citizen (must follow state/federal laws on private sales of course). As far as how many you can sell.... there is no number but it get Audited and they think you are selling as a business then you will get nailed. It would probably have to be clear cut , like buying 40 yugo SKSs and selling them all in a month or something. Buying a CAI 5fer and selling the 4 worst ones will probably be fine.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
So do I need proof of their personal info? DL # or SS#? Do they fill out a federal form of some sort to buy or trade it from me? Or is it basically like a private party sale only you just put their name and address on the book?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a space for the DL# and/or their address. Other then that its like a private sale, no 4473s.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget, even if you buy a C&R on a 4473 and not use your C&R to buy it, you still have to log it into your bound book.  Really stupid I know, but here is a link to a letter from the ATFE that says no matter how you acquire a C&R firearm, regardless of whether you use your C&R to buy it, you must log it into the book.  This does not mean that you must log in C&R type rifles bought before you got the C&R license, but if you sell a C&R rifle bought before the license, but sold while you have your license, you must log that firearm out (and in also from your personal collection) in your book also.  I have a headache now.

http://pub113.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm72
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't forget, even if you buy a C&R on a 4473 and not use your C&R to buy it, you still have to log it into your bound book.

Yup , but look at i this way. You don't really "use" your licence, you "are licenced" . Just like you are a licenced driver , not just when you show your licence to the nice officer that just pulled you over
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Good comparison.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Good question, I was wondering the same.
Being new to C&R I also have a question. What is the bound book and where are you guys getting this info? My package came with my license, Big state laws book,regulations reference guide, a safety and security book and a C&R list. I skimmed through all and can't find anything pertaining to what I'm suppose to do. Please help.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

For the Bound Book, we suggest that you contact RK Enterprises at 805 687-1416.  Bob Kohn, the owner has put an enormous amount of effort into putting together a bound book and information package that is very useful in helping C&R licensees negotiate the somewhat convoluted recordkeeping rules.  The package costs $23.95 + 4.95 S&H, and is worth every penny.  If you're more interested in keeping costs down, you can try Brownell's, a full service gunsmith/dealer supply house, who also gives trade discounts to Type 03 FFL holders, but the language used in the Brownell's bound book is not as helpful as the RK Enterprises product.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there a websteavailable to order the RK Enterprises kit? I absolutly detest the friggin telephone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Bod does not have a website. I just called him to get some info on his kit and this guy is a wealth of information. He definitely sold me on his bound book kit so I ordered one. Give him a call. He can and will answer ANY question you have about C&R.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bod does not have a website. I just called him to get some info on his kit and this guy is a wealth of information. He definitely sold me on his bound book kit so I ordered one. Give him a call. He can and will answer ANY question you have about C&R.

Crap. I REALLY hate the damn phone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I just called RK Ent. and ordered the kit.  Really nice people to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I ain't CALLED yet. Gonna kick Bell's ass when I die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top