Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 1:05:22 PM EDT
On the bottom of the first page, where you put in the CLEO information, which address should I put, the mailing address or the physical address?  If I can figure this out, I can get my C&R app in the mail!  Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any idea but maybe a simple call to your LOCAL ATF office would help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
eh, I just put the physical location on there, and went ahead and sent it off today.  If it's wrong, they'll let me know hopefully.  Now.  How long is the wait to receive the C&R?  And how will I get notified that I am approved or declined?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm assuming its just like CCW.. they send it to you in the mail.. and I guess if it is declined then they will send something in the mail.  I've heard of a few people who got theres in 20-25 days..

I will be sending mine off monday morning hopefully.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The wait varies wildly from applicant to applicant.  Times in the range of two to sixteen weeks have been reported.  I'd say the average is around 6-8 weeks, longer if you're in NY, as they conduct personal interviews there.

If you're approved, you simply receive your C&R license with a few instructions.  Later you will receive an information packet with forms and regulation books.

Now that you've sent it off, you had better prepare to be broke!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The CLEO address can be anything, they don't take any action on it and your responsibility is to mail it to them.  "City Hall, Yourcity, Your State" will work.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I got my renewal in 14 days. I know of a guy on another forum that has been waiting for his renewal for 21 WEEKS! And still counting!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Can someone validate this/these statement(s) for me:  ATF waits to deposit the check until you've been approved.  If you are declined, then they return your check to you.

If the above is true, then the stars must be shining.  Mailed my app on Monday and the check was presented to my bank on Friday.  Then again, someone could have heisted the mail, at which point I might feel sorry for them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah...they cash the check almost immediately.  In fact, you mail the application to TX where they process payment and then it is forwarded to Atlanta for approval.

My check cleared inside of two weeks, but it was another four weeks later that I received my C&R and a week or two after that for the welcome packet to arrive.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh.. I wish yellobelli.  I mailed my app on Saturday, the 14th, and my check got cashed on Monday, the 16th  Now starts the waiting I guess...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nah...they cash the check almost immediately.  In fact, you mail the application to TX where they process payment and then it is forwarded to Atlanta for approval.

My check cleared inside of two weeks, but it was another four weeks later that I received my C&R and a week or two after that for the welcome packet to arrive.

My experience was pretty much the same.  'bout 2 weeks to check clearing and 'bout another 4 weeks until my big packet-o-info and license arrived.  Been broke ever since.  Pray you get turned down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Okie dokie.  I'm not sure why I had it in my head that the check wouldn't be cashed until approval.  I've got nothing but time, so I'll begin the waiting game.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
OK.  So this has to be some sort of record.  I mailed my C&R app on 6/16, my check cleared my bank on 6/21.  C&R FFL was in my mailbox on 7/7.  By my count, that is three weeks (to the day) from when Mr. Postman took the envelope.

Now to get a bound book, mail out lots and lots of copies.  And go decide which I need to purchase from the great suggestions that were posted here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is an address to get free bound book pages.

http://pub113.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm72

Be sure to read a lot of the threads, very informative.  The Bound Book can be a three ring binder with the pages in it.  It does not have to be bound like a hard back book or anything like that.  Once you get your license, make plenty of copies of your license BEFORE you sign it.  I scanned mine in to HK and CD and made copies, 2 on a page for 50 pages, because while you send a copy of your 03, the signature must be original, the same as an 01 FFL.  Also, do not forget to send Brownells and Midway a copy of your FFL (faxed will be fine, signature does not need to be original) and you will qualify for their dealer discounts.  That alone has paid for my 03 many times over in just one year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top