User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That wrench may work.

Hope you get it faster than what I did. Wrong zip on my package and it bounced around in GA for a extra 5-6 days.
View Quote
Well it shows up on my USPS informed delivery page so the address should be right.  Not sure why it went from Los Angeles to Sparks, NV when it needs to go to Seattle though
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having an issue with my redi-mag adaptor. It would not fit in from the bottom of the magwell. It was gouging the front corners. I sanded the corners and front face down very slightly then decided to remove the mag catch and drop it in from the top.

Now when I insert a S&W mag, I have to push it in hard to get it to click in, it pushes the adaptor up to much and makes teh 1st cycle of the action very hard and does not allow the bolt to fully close.

Another thing with this Aero lower, is the polymer mag insert to put the the lower in a vice fits very tight (but fits fine in other lowers) however a Pmag fits fine.

What keeps the redi-mag adaptor from going up to far? Did I ruin the adaptor by sanding it? Again it was a very slight amount.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm having an issue with my redi-mag adaptor. It would not fit in from the bottom of the magwell. It was gouging the front corners. I sanded the corners and front face down very slightly then decided to remove the mag catch and drop it in from the top.

Now when I insert a S&W mag, I have to push it in hard to get it to click in, it pushes the adaptor up to much and makes teh 1st cycle of the action very hard and does not allow the bolt to fully close.

Another thing with this Aero lower, is the polymer mag insert to put the the lower in a vice fits very tight (but fits fine in other lowers) however a Pmag fits fine.

What keeps the redi-mag adaptor from going up to far? Did I ruin the adaptor by sanding it? Again it was a very slight amount.
View Quote
The upper being shut keeps it from riding to high. And it is a tight fit on mine. Had to use some lube to get it in their. After going in a few times it fits fine now. Do you have the lifter for the bolt lock in correctly. I put mine in wrong all the time.

Share some pics. When I get home I will take photos of mine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the lifter only fit one way, maybe not?

When I insert a mag it also presses the bolt release upward making it non-functional.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought the lifter only fit one way, maybe not?

When I insert a mag it also presses the bolt release upward making it non-functional.
View Quote
As stated before, recheck the orientation of the lifter. Also, put a drop of lube on it. It jams easily if you don't.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure enough I had it in wrong
Thanks!

Even though we don't need it I tried to install the tiny buffer retainer spring/pin that came with the china folder. Can't get an LWRC tube to spin in enough to catch that smaller than normal pin. If I try to spin it one more turn the end plate detent hits the folding mechanism preventing a complete turn. What am I doing wrong?

Looking forward to running this!

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sure enough I had it in wrong
Thanks!

Even though we don't need it I tried to install the tiny buffer retainer spring/pin that came with the china folder. Can't get an LWRC tube to spin in enough to catch that smaller than normal pin. If I try to spin it one more turn the end plate detent hits the folding mechanism preventing a complete turn. What am I doing wrong?

Looking forward to running this!

https://i.imgur.com/uPvYvOj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/g1t0Irj.jpg
View Quote
Awsome build. Me and the wife have been watching longmire and haven’t had the chance to upload the pics.

Here they are.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not used the adjective in about 30 years; this mini-22 is RAD!
Have not shot 22 in a couple years and now have a new found favorite.
Ran perfect and even the wife loved it!

Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The folding adapter was waiting for me when I got home after Christmas and I got it installed today

Seems pretty well built.  A few things I've noticed:

It's heavy.  I went ahead and put a buffer and spring in the receiver extension but I'm probably going to take them out to lose a little weight.  They are useless anyway.
The hinge is noisy. I didn't try putting any oil on it but that might help a little.
I've never seen the law tactical version in person so I'm not sure if it's any better, but when folded just turning the gun on it's side makes it unfold.  There is a tiny bit of spring tension holding it open but not enough to support the weight of the buffer tube.

For $34 it's a pretty fun toy to add to a 22LR AR!

Oh yeah, the magpul shotgun forend wrench didn't fit.  The teeth line up but they are too wide to fit in the slots of the nut.  I could have filed them and made them fit but I found out that my castle nut wrench can be slid inside and fits well enough to tighten the nut.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good. I would ditch the buffer and spring if this is a dedicated 22. I personally would be scared to use my fake law folder on a real 556. For 22lr it’s totally fine.

Did you take it to the range?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks good. I would ditch the buffer and spring if this is a dedicated 22. I personally would be scared to use my fake law folder on a real 556. For 22lr it’s totally fine.

Did you take it to the range?
View Quote
Haven't shot it yet.  I recently moved and haven't gotten a chance to find a local shooting range.  Plus it's the rainy/snowy season right now and I like staying warm and dry
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Another thing, when I pull back the charging handle my finger hits the folding adapter and knocks the handle out of my hand. It definitely needs some kind of extended latch I think.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another thing, when I pull back the charging handle my finger hits the folding adapter and knocks the handle out of my hand. It definitely needs some kind of extended latch I think.
View Quote
Yeah a extended charging latch is on my list of things to get.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#14]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#15]
glad everyone is enjoying these knockoffs lol. I'm obviously not the first person to use one but I've definitely been more than pleased with it on this 22.
I actually had forgotten about the suppressor until just now and now I'm antsy again for it to get signed off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a few issues with mine on the last outing. Live rounds would get stuck upward in the BCG. Had to pull them out with needle nose pliers.
Anyone had this issue?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
glad everyone is enjoying these knockoffs lol. I'm obviously not the first person to use one but I've definitely been more than pleased with it on this 22.
I actually had forgotten about the suppressor until just now and now I'm antsy again for it to get signed off.
View Quote
What suppressor did you buy and when?

Quoted:
I had a few issues with mine on the last outing. Live rounds would get stuck upward in the BCG. Had to pull them out with needle nose pliers.
Anyone had this issue?
View Quote
Haven’t had that problem with mine. What type of mags are you using?

I’m running the Abettter & m&p15 mags and a Anderson charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Same M&P mags. Worked fine the 1st outing.
Forget which ammo I used the 2nd time. Currently have all mags loaded with Winchester black box ammo.
Think I used a variety of Federal the 1st time.

Will see how it runs in a couple days.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The folding adapter was waiting for me when I got home after Christmas and I got it installed today

https://i.snag.gy/XrHIhv.jpg

It's heavy.  I went ahead and put a buffer and spring in the receiver extension but I'm probably going to take them out to lose a little weight.  They are useless anyway.
The hinge is noisy. I didn't try putting any oil on it but that might help a little.
I've never seen the law tactical version in person so I'm not sure if it's any better, but when folded just turning the gun on it's side makes it unfold.  There is a tiny bit of spring tension holding it open but not enough to support the weight of the buffer tube.

Oh yeah, the magpul shotgun forend wrench didn't fit.  The teeth line up but they are too wide to fit in the slots of the nut.  I could have filed them and made them fit but I found out that my castle nut wrench can be slid inside and fits well enough to tighten the nut.
View Quote
Which handguard is that in your gun?  I like the way it looks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.snag.gy/XrHIhv.jpg

UTG Pro super slim.  The original version before they came out in Mlok and Keymod.  The Midwest Industries panels fit directly on them

I think this is it, but I can't remember if I have the 7" or 9".  It's a 6.5" 22LR barrel with a KAK Flash can, so probably the 9":

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-pro-ar15-mid-length-9in-super-slim-free-float-handguard-w-top-rail.html
https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-pro-ar15-carbine-7in-super-slim-free-float-handguard-w-single-extend.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh boy...... Down the rabbit hole I go! Thanks Gents........
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh boy...... Down the rabbit hole I go! Thanks Gents........
View Quote
Welcome to the dark side.

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Get the better mag adapter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Welcome to the dark side.

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Get the better mag adapter.
View Quote
I have one on the way from Brownells, along with other goodies.......
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I used a S&W mag in a friends 22AR with no mag adaptor. It ran fine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#25]
anyone got pics/instructions on how to install the knock off law folders?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bump
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Undo the hex screw that holds the latching mechanism and remove the latching mechanism (be careful of the spring)
Put the folder onto the receiver and open up a set of needle nose pliers (unless you have something that fits the nut, otherwise this works well enough) to engage the nut and screw it into the receiver.
Reassemble the latching mechanism and then install your stock.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Undo the hex screw that holds the latching mechanism and remove the latching mechanism (be careful of the spring)
Put the folder onto the receiver and open up a set of needle nose pliers (unless you have something that fits the nut, otherwise this works well enough) to engage the nut and screw it into the receiver.
View Quote
What about the plunger for the bcg?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Into the trash
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Into the trash
View Quote
Lol ok thanks for the help. I know a few guys used them on center fire guns and was thinking about it on my 300bo pistol but the extension doesn't fit in the bcg. Do you sand the extension down? Sorry for all the questions
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lol ok thanks for the help. I know a few guys used them on center fire guns and was thinking about it on my 300bo pistol but the extension doesn't fit in the bcg. Do you sand the extension down? Sorry for all the questions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Into the trash
I'm pretty sure it's made for airsoft/electric guns, so I'm not sure what would be required to make it work in a real gun.  I wouldn't trust it anyway
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it's made for airsoft/electric guns, so I'm not sure what would be required to make it work in a real gun.  I wouldn't trust it anyway
View Quote
Ok just curious because I know it's been done
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Cheap knock set I had laying around before I got the red dot
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey guys-jusst stumbled onto this thread and I have a couple of questions

I am putting together a little 22 upper like the ones I have seen here for one of my sbr lowers.

Here are the parts I am using

Slick side upper with dust cover
CMMG 22lrkit (bcg/collar/4.5" barrel)
standard CH (will get an ambi one later)
Guntec 7" mlok FF handguard
Bettermag MP1522 mag adapter so I can use existing M&P15/22 mags

So I put it together, but when I try to insert that mag adapter into the bottom of the magwell of my sbr lower I can't get it to go in very far.
I have sanded all the vertical edges, but I still can't get it to go up in there very far.
I can get it almost in enough to where you have to push in that plunger, but that is it.
How much sanding and where should I be doing it? Can someone show me pics of where I should be sanding and what grit sandpaper should I use? I just used some fine grit paper initially.
Sorry-I am afraid of sanding too much off of that thing.

Next question. Upon researching for this build, I stumbled onto this thread. In it someone recommends getting a taccom pressure plug. Do I need one of these?

Am I missing anything else-or is there anything else that is recommended?
Thanks,
Mav
PS-I will post up a pic when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey guys-jusst stumbled onto this thread and I have a couple of questions

I am putting together a little 22 upper like the ones I have seen here for one of my sbr lowers.

Here are the parts I am using

Slick side upper with dust cover
CMMG 22lrkit (bcg/collar/4.5" barrel)
standard CH (will get an ambi one later)
Guntec 7" mlok FF handguard
Bettermag MP1522 mag adapter so I can use existing M&P15/22 mags

So I put it together, but when I try to insert that mag adapter into the bottom of the magwell of my sbr lower I can't get it to go in very far.
I have sanded all the vertical edges, but I still can't get it to go up in there very far.
I can get it almost in enough to where you have to push in that plunger, but that is it.
How much sanding and where should I be doing it? Can someone show me pics of where I should be sanding and what grit sandpaper should I use? I just used some fine grit paper initially.
Sorry-I am afraid of sanding too much off of that thing.

Next question. Upon researching for this build, I stumbled onto this thread. In it someone recommends getting a taccom pressure plug. Do I need one of these?

Am I missing anything else-or is there anything else that is recommended?
Thanks,
Mav
PS-I will post up a pic when I get a chance.
View Quote
no clue about the mags since i use black dog and cmmg ones. the pressure plug made mine more reliable
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Mav3rick

sounds like your lower has issues.    my adapter slid right in.
regular mags fit it ok?
have you tried a different lower by chance?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

no clue about the mags since i use black dog and cmmg ones. the pressure plug made mine more reliable
View Quote
So the plug gets inserted in front of your spring and buffer in the lower right?
Is there any worry about the buffer spring staying compressed over time?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mav3rick

sounds like your lower has issues.    my adapter slid right in.
regular mags fit it ok?
have you tried a different lower by chance?
View Quote
I forgot the manufacturer but it is a pretty decent lower. Pmags fit in it fine. I didn't try another lower yet but l have a RRA lower l will try as soon as I get a chance to. I thought I remember reading in other threads that others had to sand theirs as well, but the instructions that came with it don't say anything about having to do that so that is why I am asking here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I forgot the manufacturer but it is a pretty decent lower. Pmags fit in it fine. I didn't try another lower yet but l have a RRA lower l will try as soon as I get a chance to. I thought I remember reading in other threads that others had to sand theirs as well, but the instructions that came with it don't say anything about having to do that so that is why I am asking here.
View Quote
My adapter is tight and if your lower is dirty it may bind up. I clean mine and squirt some lube on it when removing & inserting my adopter.

Are you pushing the mag release while inserting? That has to be done for it to go up all the way.

And when installing the small bolt lock piece has to be removed. You will install it once you get the whole conversion block almost seating into the correct position.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My adapter is tight and if your lower is dirty it may bind up. I clean mine and squirt some lube on it when removing & inserting my adopter.
Newer lower so it's not dirty. Tried putting some clp on it prior to insertion.
Are you pushing the mag release while inserting? That has to be done for it to go up all the way.
It doesn't go in far enough. Goes in and stops just before you have to worry about pushing the plunger in.
And when installing the small bolt lock piece has to be removed. You will install it once you get the whole conversion block almost seating into the correct position.
Yes l removed thebolt catch piece before I tried to insert it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So the plug gets inserted in front of your spring and buffer in the lower right?
Is there any worry about the buffer spring staying compressed over time?
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I clamped mine in the vice and went at it with sandpaper strips, working my way around it as I went.  It's aluminum so it'll get there but it takes some time.  If you had access to a mill or anything with a big chuck it'd be a whole lot faster.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I clamped mine in the vice and went at it with sandpaper strips, working my way around it as I went.  It's aluminum so it'll get there but it takes some time.  If you had access to a mill or anything with a big chuck it'd be a whole lot faster.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If 22LR bolts and barrels werent so expensive, Id be doing this right now.  The CMMG price for bolt/barrel is as much as a PSA complete 22lr upper
View Quote
This is the reason I built a 10/22 instead of an AR22.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted: Yep
View Quote
How thick is this plug?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How thick is this plug?
View Quote
probably over an inch. i can measure it tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#49]
No need, just curious.  Heard they were out of production.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#50]
My mag adapter has always been tight as well.

Not exactly tight but it has lots of sharp edges and if not pushed exactly straight it binds and acts like it is tight.

I have found it easiest to use a mag to help guide it in and it slides right in.

Once it is started (past the plunger) it usually slides right up into position.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top