Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 12:16:10 PM EDT
I have the STL files for a 10/22 receiver with integral pic rail.  What should I expect a trigger group, bolt group, and barrel run me?  Saw a stock trigger group in the EE for $40

Also does the take down model have a different receiver?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you going to print it with?  I looked into this a while ago and came away thinking that the plastic that run of the mill 3d printers use would wear out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you going to print it with?  I looked into this a while ago and came away thinking that the plastic that run of the mill 3d printers use would wear out pretty quickly.
View Quote
ABS most likely. PETG would also be viable. 

If it does wear out I can always print another one. From what my slicer predicted I'm betting it's a 15ish hour print.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The takedown has a different receiver.

I have picked up a few trigger groups for $25 on EBay, much more than that and I would buy a BX trigger new for $55.

The cheapest route might be buying a new $190 10/22 and then selling the receiver for $100.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to know about eBay pricing and the BX trigger cost.  I think the only part I really need to source is a bolt assembly and some pins.  I'll put on an aftermarket threaded barrel because I might as well suppress all the things.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the problem was more that the receiver would not be stiff enough to provide good accuracy.  I hope you post again with your experience.  It would be great to print up a couple!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the problem was more that the receiver would not be stiff enough to provide good accuracy.  I hope you post again with your experience.  It would be great to print up a couple!
View Quote
I'll let you know. 

Really I could care less if it's a tack driver. It's more about the journey then the end result. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Would it be possible to get a copy of that stl file? I love collecting firearm prints, drawings, and the sort.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Foscad defense megapack is what you seek then. 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Done it before. Wouldn't do it again.

Had to chase all dimensions with tools for building an 80% receiver to get things to fit properly.

Receiver flexed quite a bit but mine didn't have the integral rail. I think more material up top would make it stiffer.

The internal threads can only take a small amount of torque. Helicoils don't remedy this much.

If your FCG pin holes are even slightly off, the bolt will be too snug or too loose in the receiver. If the former, you'll have to clear material from the inside of the receiver. If the latter you may experience FTF failures or OOB discharges.

I did mine for a pistol build as a silencer host. The chamber would get too hot and the heat transfers into the receiver making accuracy shitty after a few dumps, and generally pretty unsafe to boot.

In the end I just bought a charger take off receiver. Was a fun project, learned a lot about the 10/22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top