Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 12:16:08 PM EDT
I am interested in buying the 455 precision  trainer. Was wondering is there any benefits in buying th longer barrel version over the 16.5? Thanks sorry for the newb question
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sighting radius.
Add peep sight.
The few 28" barrel CZ 22s out there would be fantastic with my old eyes.  Makes it easier to focus clearly on front sight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be the precision trainer with the manners stock. So no sights just scope. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read that a 22lr bullet hits its max velocity out of a 16 inch barrel.

I don't know if the following is true or not. A guy I shoot with claims that once 22lr hits its max velocity at 16 inches the next 4-6 inches of a longer barrel slow it down a little bit and that makes it more accurate.

Take all that with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd want the shorter barrel for use with a suppressor.

(stock photo)

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Buddy of mine has that. Cool shooter
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both, one is a 16" Tacticool and the other is a 20" Varmint.

I see no accuracy difference between them and have never tested them on a chrono.

They were bought before CZ offered the 16" and I had the one cut and threaded, and am very happy with it.

When suppressed, SK Standard is super accurate and stays subsonic out of the 16"
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you think the manners stock is worth the extra money over the tacticool? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think the manners stock is worth the extra money over the tacticool? Thanks
View Quote
I believe the Manners is a much more solid stock over the Boyd's.  I had the very same Boyd's for a Savage build.  The area under the bottom metal is very thin and without the nylon pillar mod can make torquing more of a challenge.  Many use the Boyd's flawlessly and it can be an excellent stock.  If the budget allows, I would (and plan to myself) penny up for the manners equipped CZ.  

I mean I really really want to land a manners 455 myself so slightly biased opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top