Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:56:44 PM EDT
At least the one I bought didn't. It will become a target next time I'm out. The Butler creek ones I just bought work great.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky you, my Butler Creeks aren't worth a damn.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:17:33 AM EDT
[#2]
lucky all of you that have any kind of working hi-cap.

i have used quite a few of them with no luck whatsoever.

ramlines/jamlines
condors
steel lip butler creeks
hot lips butelr creeks
10rd hot lips
eagle

the only thing that works for me is the factory rotary mag think im gonna order the tac solutions hi-cap
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got three pre-ban Ramlines that work fine.
Two 15rd, and one 30rd.

I thought they were the bomb, as far as aftermarket mags go.
Now I read that a lot of them don't work.

Bummer!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Alot of the new hicaps, all mfgs, have issues. For example, I took some new Ramlines, Eagles and BC to a buddies with a Norell 10/22 and tested them with several kinds of ammo. What it boiled down to is that different combos of mags and ammo act different in certain guns. Mags that ran 100% in my gun would not cycle right in his. Mags that ran perfect in both guns would only do so with different ammo.

On the eagle mags, I found you need to clean up the plastic slag from the molds. Very messy.
On the BC mags you have to watch the springs and shoot a little oil down them. If the follower drags it will not work correctly(have tossed a couple mags in fits if rage before figuring that out).
The ramilines are just hit and miss. I have a few that run great and have thrown others out 10 yards and blasted them.

These mags are cheap enough now that you should be buying a few of each and finding the combo that works for YOUR GUN.

CH
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got two Butler Creek 25 round magazines. The follower seems to stick sometimes and not push up the next round. Just have to hit the magazine and cycle the action to load the next round. I'll try the oil and see if that works.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just got two Butler Creek 25 round magazines. The follower seems to stick sometimes and not push up the next round. Just have to hit the magazine and cycle the action to load the next round. I'll try the oil and see if that works.

i wouldnt oil them, oil+ rimfire= big mess
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i wouldnt oil them, oil+ rimfire= big mess

Just a little wont hurt them. Unless you have some graphite, a small drop will help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a 30 round Ramline, 1984 issue, has always been reliable!  Sold my 10/22 a year ago and it has been sitting in the safe since.  Just put it on G. B. auction.  If it doesn't go there I will offer it on the EE here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The 2 ramline mags I have owned both sucked.  Didn't feed worth a damn and I was lucky to get 8-10 rounds without a malfunction.  I have 14 Eagle 30 rounders that work great.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm using a 20" GM .920 bbl and I finally got my BC hot lips mags to work.  I had the same problems everyone else has with these.  Almost chucked em.  Then I decided I'd try some cheap CCI Blazer ammo.  THEY WORK!  ...feed and eject like a champ.  
Not sure what it is about the blazers, but it's the only ammo that will work GOOD through my hi-caps.

Winchester dynapoints also worked pretty good too...but I can't find them in my area anymore.  

I'd suggest trying any and every brand before you decide to chuck them.  Every mag will like a certain ammo, as will every bbl.  YMMV, jmho, ect, ect..  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top