Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 6:51:25 AM EDT
I'm in the process of building a 10/22 & have a question on short loads... Will the ruger cycle them in stock form(mag feed, not hand feed)? I see they sell special bolts & mags, so are they required to shoot the subsonics? Thanks.
-Justin
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
i would radius the rear of the bolt so it makes it smoother and easier to actuate.

www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15547
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i would radius the rear of the bolt so it makes it smoother and easier to actuate.

www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15547

The bolt, VQ bolt handle & receiver are @ CPC for work now... I figured if it could cycle in stock form I should have a decent chance. Thanks for the info. -Justin
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Easier solution, (use what I use in my 10/22).

Simply buy yourself some Remington 22LR 40grn moly coated sub-sonic rounds, (sold by CTD and many others)

Mike

ETA - I buy them bricks at a time, they are very accurate out to say 50-60 yards and "vewweee qwiet", even outta the stock barrel
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I concure.....Remington SubSonics work very well!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Easier solution, (use what I use in my 10/22).

Simply buy yourself some Remington 22LR 40grn moly coated sub-sonic rounds, (sold by CTD and many others)

Mike

ETA - I buy them bricks at a time, they are very accurate out to say 50-60 yards and "vewweee qwiet", even outta the stock barrel

I shoot CCI's SV and Subsonics...VERY quiet also.  It's crazy, almost like I stuck a can on the gun.  
Super smooth too when you use a WK-type buffer.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 - don't use .22 shorts if you just want subsonics.

My 10/22 loves Remington Subsonics. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top