Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:40:47 PM EDT
want a new ss 10/22 with bull found one for $360 is this a good price. thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
is it factory ruger? used? home built? new? crap bbl.? good bbl.?

not enough info on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
factory ruger
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Walmart can order you one for $330 last time I checked, look at their website.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
that's a good price for a stainless.  i usually see them for $369 to $379
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
picked it up for $360 ..but also found wal-mart does have it for $330 however they couldnt tell me when it would come in. 1 week or 1 month. so i supported a local gun shop...which is priceless. thanks all i love my 10/22
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That price is a little high in my opinion for a factory 10/22T.  I would not buy a T model unless I liked the stock that comes on it.  Reason I say that is buying a T model that shoots good is luck.  If you like the stock and it doesn't shoot good you can sell the bbl on ebay and buy a green mountain bbl to go on it.  If you don't like the stock then I would buy a walmart special and replace its bbl with a green mountain.  If you like the stock on the walmart special you can open it up for the bull or sell it and replace it with something more to your liking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That price is a little high in my opinion for a factory 10/22T.  I would not buy a T model unless I liked the stock that comes on it.  Reason I say that is buying a T model that shoots good is luck.  If you like the stock and it doesn't shoot good you can sell the bbl on ebay and buy a green mountain bbl to go on it.  If you don't like the stock then I would buy a walmart special and replace its bbl with a green mountain.  If you like the stock on the walmart special you can open it up for the bull or sell it and replace it with something more to your liking.

+1

I have heard that getting a Target guality 10/22T is very rare. It is alot easier to buy a standard 10/22 and then buy a GM barrel and new stock and then sell your old stock and barrel on the EE or ebay. It might cost you a few more bucks right off the bat but you will have an actual target model 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I forgot to say that mine started life as a T model.  I liked the stock. I sold the factory bbl for $85 bucks on ebay and bought a GM 20" fluted bbl.  Groups went from 1-1 1/2" at 25 yds to .2-.3 at 25yds.  At the same time I wnet from a 5-15x Bushnell 3200 to a 4x Nikon ProStaff scope.  Much lighter and much more accurate with the fluted bbl and the lighter less powerfull scope.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I forgot to say that mine started life as a T model.  I liked the stock. I sold the factory bbl for $85 bucks on ebay and bought a GM 20" fluted bbl.  Groups went from 1-1 1/2" at 25 yds to .2-.3 at 25yds.  At the same time I wnet from a 5-15x Bushnell 3200 to a 4x Nikon ProStaff scope.  Much lighter and much more accurate with the fluted bbl and the lighter less powerfull scope.

wow, how can they justify calling it a target model when it gets worse groups than a regular carbine?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#10]
My point exactly.

They slap a nice looking stock and a fatter barrel and call it a revolution.

Mine happend to be horrible. Swaped it for a gm and never had a gun that shot as nice since.

Why I sell all the good guns I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Man I thought a standard stainless with syn stock for $219 was starting to get up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top