Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:26:25 PM EDT
I've seen these things several places.  Are they REALLY useful or is this all just some marketing hype?

Thanks,
MtnWalker
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I like them to reduce the sound.  I figure that they're cheap enough that even a hypothetical benfit is worth getting them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that they ease the wear on your reciever.  If this is true or not, don't know.

What I do know is that I noticed a difference as soon as I fired mine w/ the buffer.  The "clack" sound sorta goes away, and it just feels WAY smoother.  For the $7 or so that it cost me, it was WELL worth it.

I have a WeaponKraft buffer by the way, I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
i think that like all metals if slammed into each other for a great period of time there will be some damage done.

also doing away with the "clack" is also a plus

cheap insurance imo.

weaponkraft is what i use
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on weaponcraft...really cheap insurane for your 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Waste of money.  But hey, go for it if you think it helps.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been shootiong 10/22's for over 20 years...just bought the "yellow Jacket" version, Hornet gave me a free sample, but I have not tried theirs yet.

Not having the "clack" is the first measurable difference...it also reduces recoil (noticable with a 20x scope).

Do I like 'em? If I had thirty 10/22's all of them would have a buffer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't think so, both of my custom jobs have them.  Its a cheap mod and will save your aluminum receiver.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't think so, both of my custom jobs have them.  Its a cheap mod and will save your aluminum receiver.

Any info on how long they last?  I've seen them in packs of 3 or 5.  That's what got me thinking.  If they gotta sell 'em in packs the buffers must not last long.

MtnWalker
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard of receivers cracking there.  I think it is a good insurance policy.  I have a volq. buffer in now.  It is rubber covered steel.  When I need one again which will be quite a while at the rate I am going.  I will get a Weaponkraft.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've heard that they ease the wear on your reciever.  If this is true or not, don't know.

What I do know is that I noticed a difference as soon as I fired mine w/ the buffer.  The "clack" sound sorta goes away, and it just feels WAY smoother.  For the $7 or so that it cost me, it was WELL worth it.

Ditto the WeaponKraft!! Good stuff!!  

Mine's orange!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any info on how long they last?  I've seen them in packs of 3 or 5.  That's what got me thinking.  If they gotta sell 'em in packs the buffers must not last long.

MtnWalker

i have about 10k through mine and with a shot of brake cleaner it looks like it just came out of the packaging
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
weaponkraft use's polyuritane for its buffers.. *yes anouther plug for weaponkraft, great guy and free shipping* if Poly. can stand up to the Abbuse that its put through when used as an automotive bushing it will surely stand up to a 10/22 bolt for 10's of thousends of rounds... hell probably hundrads...

and if by some small chance in the firey depths of hede's you do manage to wear it out he'll replace it for free..

cheap, reliable, insurance.. the removel of the clank is nice too..

for the 5 dollers they cost its well worth the money..

Jess
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
yeah, forgot about the free replacement. with that these things last a lifetime
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Get a WeaponKraft (ie Dakotan)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Gotta link to weaponcraft?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#16]
or, you could type in weaponkraft in yahoo, but hey....and yes i do have one...www.weaponkraft.com i think is the site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top