Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:18:47 PM EDT
i've been debating on which 10/22 dress up kit to buy for a few months.  been going back and forth between the RB evo, the new rhineland setup and the krinker plinker... and also waiting on that rhineland 22lr MP5 (haven't heard anything from rhineland in a little while now... wasn't the 22lr MP5 suppose to come out last december?).

anyhow, i went back to the CS Metall website to take another look at the krinker plinker and saw that they had just redesigned it.  the new version costs about $30 more but it looks a heck of alot better (as least i think so) than before with a better balanced appearance.

i was looking at the 16" barrel version.  both the front sight post and rear ghost sight are standard AR15 parts.  the fake suppressor is a slip over type, meaning the barrel is a full 16" long for accuracy... and i'm told it is a bull match barrel with threads at the end.  the buttstock is the improved 74U type and it folds.  i particularly like the way they now have a cover for that dead space between the front of the buttstock and the back of the 10/22 receiver, and the redesigned front sight housings.  and best of all, this kit is still california legal.

i ordered mine today.  the guy answering the phone at CS Metall said he has these ready to ship imediately but was expecting a large order (i think he said something like 500 units) from sportman's guide.  probably will go on backorder if that happens.  he also said the older version was completely sold out.  mine was promised to be shipped out today.

here is what the redesign looks like, the picture is off their website:

this is what the prior version looked like:

can't wait to get mine.  there are more pictures on their website.  here is the link:

www.csmetall-werkes.com/Our_Products.htm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
finally a 16in barrel... only problem I just spent a couple G's on ARs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting one.

Time to sell my Aug 10/22 kit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The new version looks much better than the original.

If they'd come out with a rear peep sight for it a la Valmet/Galil, I'd have to get one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
does the fake can come off?  what does it look like without?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yes, good: www.krinkerplinker.com/

i like the older one better, do they still have any available ?

a l l a n
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
let us know when you get it, i'd like to see some more pics of the new setup. i'd also like to know about the fit and finish of the kits.

a l l a n
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks Great post more pics when you get it (Please)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, good: www.krinkerplinker.com/

i like the older one better, do they still have any available ?

a l l a n

Best thing to do is give them a call. I talked with them before and they are really friendly.

I now have both models. My kit should be arriving this week!

Hitman
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
got the kit today via UPS.  took only 6 days from when it was ordered.  pretty good.

the box is tiny, only about 18" x 8" or so from eyeballing it.  the contents inside are very nicely packed.  each major component is individually sealed in separate thick clear plastic bags.

to answer one of the questions above, the fake suppressor does screw off.  the barrel itself is a full 16" long and the threads are at the muzzle.  the fake suppressor is nice looking and fits the barrel perfectly, but does add significant weight to the barrel (at least for a 22lr barrel).  the UPS label says the box and contents are less than 4 lbs.

the kit no longer has those off the shelf parts from other venders like the previous ram-line upper handguard and the zypher rear sights.  looks like most if not all of the major components are custom fabricated.  the adjustable rear sight is now 1 piece with the sight rail, very very nicely made.  

the finish is very nice black and the color on all parts (both aluminum and steel) is pretty consistent.  not a perfect match to the black on the 10/22 receiver but comfortably close.  no more parkerized gray color anywhere.  the plastic handguard and pistol grip have US stamped on them, looks to be good quality.

i haven't put it together yet but the parts seem to be precision made, meaning i expect the fit to be good.  the only 2 things i noticed off the bat that i would have done differently are that there is a silver colored magnet on the side of the lower handguard to keep the folding stock in place when folded.  would have been nice if that was also black.  also the folding stock seems a little weak and does not lock in the open position without the release button first being pressed.  it looks like they tried to design it so that it would but the release spring is so strong it won't.  there is, however, no play in the stock once it is locked open.

there are a couple of small scuff spots here and there, looks like it was probably shipped that way... but nothing major.  should clean up easily with a little cold blue solution.

seeing i used the word "nice" many times, i'd rate the kit overall as being nice.  so far, i'm very satisfied.  oh, by the way, the total charge to my credit card was $311 ($295 for the kit + $10 s/h + $6 credit card fee).  so it is actually now $46 more than the prior kit.  kinda makes me feel wierd that i bought a dress up kit that costs about 2x what the actual rifle is worth.  

will post some pics once i get the thing put together.  the website says 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
cool, now you gotta tell us how she shoots hink

a l l a n
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
that would be so cool on an FA 10/22...

also, would the krinker plinker be legal in CA?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
that would be so cool on an FA 10/22...

also, would the krinker plinker be legal in CA?

Yes!

I'm in Kali and I have both. Plus an Aug 10/22 (which might be gone soon)
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]
any pics yet?  

If you could, show both WITH and WITHOUT the fake suppressor.  

If I'm understanding this right, the suppressor sort of fits overtop/around part of the bbl.?  

thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Haha, I guess it took longer than 20min to assemble.

The new version looks really good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#15]
OK... got it all together.

the instructions were pretty clear with accompanying pictures.  between having to go to the garage a few times to get more tools, 2 kids screaming, having to feed the dog, etc. it took me a total of 1.5 hours.  way over the 20 minute estimate (this probably isn't possible unless you've done it before a few times and have everything you need laid out in front of you), but it came together without any problems.  the only things i had to supply were a couple of brass punches, a hammer & mallet, a small screwdriver and a bottle of threadlock.  the 10/22 rifle also, of course.  everything else is in the kit including a bunch of allen wrenches.

the kit is pretty good considering it was designed and built by a small shop.  but i did see some things that could be improved:

1.  now that i've played with the folding stock, it does lock open without need to first press the button.  but there is now a tiny bit of play when locked open.  i guess it needed to be broken in.  the sheet metal used for the stock is not very strong.  the stock will definitely bend with less than 20 pounds of pressure so can't be too rough with it.

2.  the upper handguard and cover behind the rear sight do not fit perfectly.  the cover should be an easy fix with a dremel.  the upper handguard is way off towards the rear, gonna see if i can fit a polymer SKS upper handguard in there.

4.  the lower handguard wiggles.  i've heard that C&S has a fix for this.  will be calling them later about it.

5.  no sling swivels.

here are things i really like about the kit:

1.  the fake can comes off, threading is standard AR15 type.  barrel is bull diameter under the handguards, then goes thin from the front sight forward.

2.  the front sight post is the narrow M16A1 type and the rear ghost ring sight is the M16A2 type that flips for small and large rings.  both are fully adjustable.

3.  the 10/22 receiver and trigger fit into the chassis perfectly.  everything aligned easliy, all the cutouts and holes are perfectly placed, and fit snugly.  the mating feels solid.

4.  the rear sight housing and scope rail are very well made.  also mates with the 10/22 receiver perfectly and sits there rock solid.

5.  all screws have allen wrench heads, gives it a rivot look.

with everything said and done i'm still satisfied with the purchase.  it looks alot better in person that on the pictures, and feels neat when you hold it.  just wish, again, that the stock wasn't so flimsy.  i wouldn't say that i like it so much that i'd buy a 2nd one, but i would definitely buy it again if i didn't have one.  oh, by the way, that red dot scope does not come with the kit.  bought that separately on ebay for $10.  magazine is also not included (i wish the magazine would sit in there with a better angle, it looks a little steep).  the imprefections you might see on the black finish is just excess threadlock that i didn't wipe off.  the black finish on the kit realy is very nicely done.

anyhow, here are some pictures of the finished product:

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
pics aren't working
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#17]
aren't workin for me either
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't see any pics either

Just out of curiosity...with the BC 25rd. mag....does the mag get in the way of your hand/wrist when you shoot?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]
the image host that i use is a bit unreliable.  let me try it again.  that AK by the way is a MAADI.  took the pictures together for size comparison.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#20]
pics are still no go for me
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
the image host that i use is a bit unreliable.  let me try it again.  that AK by the way is a MAADI.  took the pictures together for size comparison.

www.thefreeimagehosting.com/Uploads/Images/7565835937500ak a.jpg

www.thefreeimagehosting.com/Uploads/Images/7565857812501ak b.jpg

www.thefreeimagehosting.com/Uploads/Images/7565881250002ak c.jpg

Just use photobucket.
Edited to kill caps
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#22]
switched to another image host...

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
switched to another image host...

images5.theimagehosting.com/ak a.ace.jpg

images5.theimagehosting.com/ak b.cda.jpg

images5.theimagehosting.com/ak c.jpg

now, are those mags you've kept track of, or part of a bucket full you found in the attic after an unrelated trip to nevada?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I think it'd be cool with wooden furniture.  Not a fan of folding stocks, dunno why.

Still looks cool though.  I bet it handles really well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top