Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 6:04:28 PM EDT
I looked through all of the EE and no one has one. I'm looking for a pre ban 10/22,preferably with folding,synthetic,stock. any one know of where I can get one?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bare in mind that for a 10/22 to qualify as a "pre-ban assault" rifle it has to have had the "evil" features added before the ban. And it is up to the owner to prove it was modified before the ban, as per BATFE.

My 1978 vintage 10/22 is a post-ban rifle because I never got around to adding the "evil" features before the ban and to do so now would be contrary to current law.

A lot of people don't seem to grasp this, so please don't take this as a flame or insult. If I were looking to buy a rifle in the pre-ban configuration I would insist the seller provide proof (receipts, etc.) that the rifle was altered before the ban. If he couldn't then I'd pass on the deal. Not worth the potential trouble to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]

origionaly posted by froot_of_the_looms:
My 1978 vintage 10/22 is a post-ban rifle because I never got around to adding the "evil" features before the ban and to do so now would be contrary to current law.

That sucks. Ever wish you had?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sucks. Ever wish you had?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Usually no. There was one model of folding stock that was very good and priced at around $65 before the ban took effect and went up to around $100 when talk was they would be "outlawed." Never could quite justify the regular price let alone the inflated one.

This rifle has always worn a good scope and I slayed thousands of prairie dogs with it in the day, so having weird add-ons never appealed to me.

Personally, I feel those add-ons biggest attraction is to piss-off/scare certain politicians. And that's good enough reason for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top