BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to buy cheap but then I thought about it. How much have you spent on firearms, ammo, etc etc that you'll hopefully never need? I decided to buy for the consequences and not the odds.

https://sabersolutions.com/collections/armor/products/cratus-cr-2000sa?variant=31740414558288

I just bit the bullet and ordered these. It really sucked spending the money but $/performance I'm happy.

ETA: just say no to stacked mag pouches.
View Quote

I have these plates, they are great. For the weight/curve/price/threat matrix they really hit the sweet spot for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I'm going to go with the HighCom 4S17M lvl IV in SAPI Small.  Although a little over budget and mostly standard weight for lvl IV, I'm not really concerned with the weight since I'm not going to be wearing it for daily use.
Thoughts?
View Quote

The more your gear weighs the more you need to wear it to get used to it. I'm 5' 10" and 180 lbs without much more fat than you and I can feel heavy plates when moving from a low barricade or getting off the ground. Kinda feels like a bungie retarding acceleration if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The importance of weight and comfort scales with how much movement you plan to be doing.

When the time comes for you to really wear the carrier, whatever that situation may be, if you plan to just post up at the top of your staircase then a heavy plate is fine. If you anticipate needing to go move around places then light weight becomes more important. You really feel the difference when running around and climbing over stuff.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top