Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
So what’s the lead time looking like on these now? Is it accurate to what’s posted on their site? If I ordered on 9/20 am I looking at 12/1 delivery?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a set on July 3 and is supposed to be delivered today.  A little under three months.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered Aug 24 and recently reached out to check on status and was told end of Oct/early Nov. So the 8-10 week range mentioned on their website
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Cannot seem to find any videos testing 1192.  Are you all aware of any backyard tests?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just received a set of RMA plates and noticed each plate on one side has a sharp edge sticking out of the center. It's hard to describe so I took some pictures here to try to show what I'm talking about ( http://imgur.com/a/Z4csMJm )

Basically on each plate one side is actually flat as it should be, and the opposite side has a sharp piece of ceramic or something jutting out the side. In the last picture you can see I can balance the side of the plate on the sharp protrusion. The other side of the plate can actually lay flat as it should. Top and bottom can also lay flat.

I don't care what plates look like if it was made on a Friday afternoon or not, but the fact one plate has a sharp protusion coming out the left side and the other plate has one coming out the right side just not sure if that's normal or not. Fwiw my older plates I've had to wear and a different set of my own personal plates all had flat sides, which is the only reason why I'm asking.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
1192 are still new and on the expensive side so they haven't been sent to reviewers. But the NIJ certified lab testing report (much more scientific than youtube...no offense buffman) is listed on the product page stopping 30-06m2ap, m855a1, 7.62x39 msc all on one plate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just received a set of RMA plates and noticed each plate on one side has a sharp edge sticking out of the center. It's hard to describe so I took some pictures here to try to show what I'm talking about ( http://imgur.com/a/Z4csMJm )

Basically on each plate one side is actually flat as it should be, and the opposite side has a sharp piece of ceramic or something jutting out the side. In the last picture you can see I can balance the side of the plate on the sharp protrusion. The other side of the plate can actually lay flat as it should. Top and bottom can also lay flat.

I don't care what plates look like if it was made on a Friday afternoon or not, but the fact one plate has a sharp protusion coming out the left side and the other plate has one coming out the right side just not sure if that's normal or not. Fwiw my older plates I've had to wear and a different set of my own personal plates all had flat sides, which is the only reason why I'm asking.

View Quote

It looks like excess material on the cover.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes. Medium plates fit in medium  Esstac ASS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone happen to know if they'll fit in an Esstac ASS?

Yes. Medium plates fit in medium  Esstac ASS

@CatfishHunter
Do you have any pics with that pc?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]

I think he means the inside edges on the pics showing the back side of the plates, looks like the ceramic or backer wore through the cover.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
@D-RAS03

1092 fits in a medium SPC
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So what’s the lead time looking like on these now? Is it accurate to what’s posted on their site? If I ordered on 9/20 am I looking at 12/1 delivery?
View Quote

Got mine today.
Took 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:47:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@D-RAS03

1092 fits in a medium SPC
View Quote

Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Got mine today.
Took 5 weeks.
View Quote

You most likely got the model 1155, not 109x series.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got mine today.
Took 5 weeks.

Maybe I just got lucky.
Was a nice surprise since I waited 5 months with another company before canceling and ordering RMA.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe I just got lucky.
Was a nice surprise since I waited 5 months with another company before canceling and ordering RMA.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191040/Screenshot_20201006-081935_jpg-1622518.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got mine today.
Took 5 weeks.

Maybe I just got lucky.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191040/Screenshot_20201006-081935_jpg-1622518.JPG
Thats interesting.  I ordered a set of 1092 (med) on Aug 24 and have been told a couple of times that I should expect late Oct/early Nov.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Maybe I just got lucky.
View Quote

That is interesting, maybe there's hope I don't have a 3 month wait ahead of me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
That pisses me off.  I ordered large plates back in July and I'm STILL waiting!  When I called a couple of weeks ago they said not until Oct....
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe I just got lucky.
View Quote

Damn that is lucky. I ordered a month before you and I’m still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#19]
@Cclark0719.....
Interesting that some are getting bumped to the front of the line...While us peons well....Just we will get to you whenever..I ordered Aug 2 Called last week and was told I would be lucky to get them before the election...8 to 10 weeks  Or is it month's?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@Cclark0719.....
Interesting that some are getting bumped to the front of the line...While us peons well....Just we will get to you whenever..I ordered Aug 2 Called last week and was told I would be lucky to get them before the election...8 to 10 weeks  Or is it month's?
View Quote

Its one customer that somehow got clicked on to ship out. We're not purposely moving people to the front. We've even had people offer us serious cash to get their order ASAP and we said no. This customers order must have accidentally been clicked on and printed out.

Edit: wording because I can't type.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its one customer that somehow got clicked on to ship out. We're not purposely moving people to the front. We've even had people offer us serious cash to get their order ASAP and we said no. This customers order must have accidentally been clicked on and printed out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Cclark0719.....

Shit happens...Just never good shit over here...I'll wait. Have no choice at this point....The lady I talked to was very nice...So there's that. And I can appreciate honesty which i think she was...Honest. So...
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn. I’m on week 12 of waiting.  Hopefully I’ll get that email soon.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shit happens...Just never good shit over here...I'll wait. Have no choice at this point....The lady I talked to was very nice...So there's that. And I can appreciate honesty which i think she was...Honest. So...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Cclark0719.....

I get lucky one time in life.
Before this I ordered plates from another company that had my money and strung me along for 5+ months.
Eventually requested a refund.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Damn. I’m on week 12 of waiting.  Hopefully I’ll get that email soon.
View Quote

Hmm seems instead of hoping they come before 10 weeks I should be hoping they come at 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#25]
@Cclark0719 any input on the fellas plates with the cover worn through a couple posts up?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@Cclark0719 any input on the fellas plates with the cover worn through a couple posts up?
View Quote

If you're talking about twistid1's post, we've talked about this in email and another forum. I believe it was the backing material that slid to one side in the bonding process. The backer is slightly bigger than the ceramic and it was flush on one side and on the other had more material.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you're talking about twistid1's post, we've talked about this in email and another forum. I believe it was the backing material that slid to one side in the bonding process. The backer is slightly bigger than the ceramic and it was flush on one side and on the other had more material.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#28]
End of week 10
Still no plates...
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
End of week 10
Still no plates...
View Quote

Yep. As stated earlier, we're running behind. Hell our ceramic manufacturer can't keep up with our demand. The owner Blake is actually driving to their factory to have a meeting today to figure out a solution. We know this sucks, but we're also not going to rush our products given the nature of them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep. As stated earlier, we're running behind. Hell our ceramic manufacturer can't keep up with our demand. The owner Blake is actually driving to their factory to have a meeting today to figure out a solution. We know this sucks, but we're also not going to rush our products given the nature of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
End of week 10
Still no plates...

Considering 2020 and everything being screwed.
I can safely assume there is no actual ETA??
Obviously not your fault I’m not in any way attempting to lay blame on you or your company..
Just gonna assume a date somewhere in the future.

Thank you for responding..
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Obviously not your fault I’m not in any way attempting to lay blame on you or your company..

View Quote

2020 has been a shitshow for sure. We're about 2-3 weeks behind on those. Blake's meeting went very well with the ceramic supplier. They will be ramping up production for all of our ceramics. Its sad that he had to drive over there in order for them to understand we are passed that we are behind which in turn makes our customers passed and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#32]
@Cclark0719

Thanks for all of your efforts and information.  Your ARFCOM posts are a big reason I ordered from RMA in the first place.  Its a big help and comfort, esp for those of us making the first step into armor.  I really want (hopefully don't need) my plates before the election for peace of mind, but obviously want to make sure the quality remains high.  Keep up the great work (and updates!)!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@Cclark0719

Thanks for all of your efforts and information.  Your ARFCOM posts are a big reason I ordered from RMA in the first place.  Its a big help and comfort, esp for those of us making the first step into armor.  I really want (hopefully don't need) my plates before the election for peace of mind, but obviously want to make sure the quality remains high.  Keep up the great work (and updates!)!!!
View Quote

THANK YOU! It's very much appreciated. I 110% love what I do and what RMA does. 2020 has been a huge obstacle for the whole industry and world. But we're doing what we can and hurtling those obstacles the best we can.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

2020 has been a shitshow for sure. We're about 2-3 weeks behind on those. Blake's meeting went very well with the ceramic supplier. They will be ramping up production for all of our ceramics. Its sad that he had to drive over there in order for them to understand we are passed that we are behind which in turn makes our customers passed and rightfully so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your updates and participation are what prompted me to order from you guys..
That and the great reviews
Hope all gets straightened out and you guys can get back on track!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I respect that and appreciate the work.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry if this is already been covered but I wasn't able to find it in a search.

When pairing these plates to a JPC 2.0 would it be a standard or swimmers cut JPC?

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is already been covered but I wasn't able to find it in a search.

When pairing these plates to a JPC 2.0 would it be a standard or swimmers cut JPC?

View Quote

Standard.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Wasn't able to snag a JPC 2.0 like I though I was.

I know that technically the JPC 1.0 should fit but by all accounts it's extremely tight and from an email from Crye they says it's best to get a large JPC 1 for medium plates.

Anyone here put the medium 1090s into a large JPC-1? I'm wondering if it's really sloppy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wasn't able to snag a JPC 2.0 like I though I was.

I know that technically the JPC 1.0 should fit but by all accounts it's extremely tight and from an email from Crye they says it's best to get a large JPC 1 for medium plates.

Anyone here put the medium 1090s into a large JPC-1? I'm wondering if it's really sloppy.
View Quote
I called RMA to check on this. Based on what they said, I ordered small plates to fit in a medium JPC 1.0, as it's apparently tighter than a 2.0. My JPC is due to ship early this week, so I'll post back with a follow-up and photos.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I called RMA to check on this. Based on what they said, I ordered small plates to fit in a medium JPC 1.0, as it's apparently tighter than a 2.0. My JPC is due to ship early this week, so I'll post back with a follow-up and photos.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine showed up. Took just over 12 weeks. The 9.5x12.5 fit in a medium JPC 2.0. It's a pretty snug fit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mine showed up. Took just over 12 weeks. The 9.5x12.5 fit in a medium JPC 2.0. It's a pretty snug fit.
View Quote

Lucky dog.  I called aout a week or so ago, and was told I was STILL #9 on the list, after ordering July 17th.  So I'm over 12 weeks now....and I asked for call back as to when they would be shipping, because they were having issues getting materials. Never called me back.  No idea when I'll get my plates.  So disappointed at this point - wish I would have just ordered from someone else.  Doubt at this point I'll see them before the election.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lucky dog.  I called aout a week or so ago, and was told I was STILL #9 on the list, after ordering July 17th.  So I'm over 12 weeks now....and I asked for call back as to when they would be shipping, because they were having issues getting materials. Never called me back.  No idea when I'll get my plates.  So disappointed at this point - wish I would have just ordered from someone else.  Doubt at this point I'll see them before the election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have faith..I too have been on the phone with them..I would not be surprised if you and me both got our plates just before the election..It is frustrating. But for a company in their business. They are going through the Perfect Storm of SNAFU's . I am trying to remain positive.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Have faith..I too have been on the phone with them..I would not be surprised if you and me both got our plates just before the election..It is frustrating. But for a company in their business. They are going through the Perfect Storm of SNAFU's . I am trying to remain positive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hold out its worth it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordered on 7/17 as well.  Talked to CS yesterday and she said likely another week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ordered on 7/17 as well.  Talked to CS yesterday and she said likely another week.
View Quote

So a month late.......
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So a month late.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a month late.......

At least y’all didn’t order on 7/20 like I did.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#48]
So the whole industry was dealt the shittiest hand for 2020. Hell a lot of industries were. I mean people were hoarding toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and basic essentials.

We've been doing everything we can to keep up even with all the obstacles. It is unfortunate that we're behind. Fortunately, reading other threads, were glad we're not 20-30 weeks behind like multiple other companies. We're doing everything in our power to limit lead time extensionsincluding Blake driving 10 hours to the ceramic company to figure out a set schedule. While there, their company owner told all of the workers that RMA is #1 priority and they're assigning more kilns to our plates.

We're doing everything in our power to get these orders out. We've increased over 500% in sales, went from 11 employees to 25, added shifts, added $500k worth of equipment and software (some still being built for our needs.) It truly pains us to have the lead times we do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So the whole industry was dealt the shittiest hand for 2020. Hell a lot of industries were. I mean people were hoarding toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and basic essentials.

We've been doing everything we can to keep up even with all the obstacles. It is unfortunate that we're behind. Fortunately, reading other threads, were glad we're not 20-30 weeks behind like multiple other companies. We're doing everything in our power to limit lead time extensionsincluding Blake driving 10 hours to the ceramic company to figure out a set schedule. While there, their company owner told all of the workers that RMA is #1 priority and they're assigning more kilns to our plates.

We're doing everything in our power to get these orders out. We've increased over 500% in sales, went from 11 employees to 25, added shifts, added $500k worth of equipment and software (some still being built for our needs.) It truly pains us to have the lead times we do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Cclark0719 - got it, but for existing customers that are waiting for orders, we need better transparency as to when we can expect our orders.  We ordered and had expectations based on the quoted lead-time that you provided months ago.  I've called 2 times already (not overly bothering you), and both times I didn't seem to get a time frame as to when to expect my order.  I asked for a callback, no one called back.  I sent you an message here on ARFCOM, and never heard back.  This is where my comment about being disappointed comes from.  I have no plates, I've been waiting almost 4 months, and I have no definitive time as to when to expect them (and no one is providing data).
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top