Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
As many others have said, wear them and train with them often.  Your body will get used to them and for every pound of body weight you shed they will get lighter too.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyways, OP, it is very possible for you to be functional in armor....even without doing dumb nonsense like running in it. Lots of us do it on the regular.  Granted I've spent the past 12 years wearing it all the time, but I started somewhere.

This was my last trip, before I got on the bird I weighed in on the scale at almost 350lbs.  I weighed 215 at the time.  It sucks, but its possible.  Wearing just my PC loaded out here every day is pretty much the equivalent of putting on a suit and tie for a businessman.  Not the most comfortable thing in the world but I'm used to it.

http://i.imgur.com/awVPJFN.jpg
View Quote
That's a badass pic man!  I sell tractors...LOL
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's a badass pic man!  I sell tractors...LOL
View Quote
Just Imagine how many more tractors you would sell if you were wearing a PC.......
Farmers appreciate Bad ass as much as the next guy.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Aside from the fitness, it's probably just from being an old bastard OP.

Two steel plates, a carrier, a FAK, 3 rifle mags and a rifle comes in at around 30 pounds.  In the grand scheme of things, that's not much.  If the weight is dispersed comfortably, you probably won't even notice it.

Try moving shit around, ditch anything other than 3 spare rifle mags and a FAK unless you are doing special stuff like training with a group and need comms.

A comfortable 30 pounds feels like you ate a nice steak dinner and wore an extra layer if you're wearing it for a short period of time, like an hour.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Embrace the suck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
welcome to the suck.....
Embrace the suck!
Lol! This. Ain’t no getting around it OP, plates suck! And sometimes they SUPER SUCK!

Plate carrier w/o side plates for the win!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top