Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2017 6:41:07 PM EDT
Anyone got a line on custom helmet cover makers?  Looking for a classic woodland cover for a gentex Above the ear cut helmet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 3:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I just had back surgery last week, and I'm not sure if I am retiring from sewing or not.

Gentexes, the shell is cut a bit different from a mil contract SDS/MSA/BAE etc TC-2001 high cut, the TC-2001 the ear flanges are cut off right at the seam whereas the Gentex, it has about 1/2" to 3/4" of the ear flanges left on the helmet.   So a TC2001 may or may not fit the Gentex depending on how much slop is in the design.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a GI steel pot cover in woodland and have it trimmed for your Gentex.
This is a Vietnam-era Mitchell cover I modded for a 2002.

This is a woodland for an airsoft 2001 -- it should fit a Gentex:

Link Posted: 12/20/2017 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there anyone recommended for a full cut to 2002 or 2001 mod or to make small custom pieces out there? Would like to get a Revision cover cut from full to 2002 and have a Velcro 1.5" diameter tube for comms wires and a hydration tube pass through made. Basically 2 feet of 4" wide material with 1/2" velcro on the long sides. Someone reasonable and without a long wait time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top