Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 1:53:17 PM EDT
So I can't find my freaking paperwork on these and don't remember if they are level III...seems like they were but looking for confirmation.

Does anybody remember these?  These were being sold in the EE back about 4-5 years ago.  The plates weigh about 9 lbs. and were lined with Rhino liner.  They are a single curve plate and the only markings on them is an "F" stamped into the Rhino lining indicating the front of the plate.  

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of those plates "inherit" the rating from the company that made the metal. I assume that if it's really AR500 steel it will stop six hits of .308.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
At 9 pounds, it's *probably* a III plate. I've got an AR500.com plate that's 10x12 shooters cut, non-buildup, non-curved III plate that weighs 8.25 lb.

AR500.com made plenty of IIIA steel plates though; not sure if other manufacturers did also; there's plenty of companies selling plates claiming to AR500, but most of them (lots of eBay fly-by-night places) I wouldn't really trust.

Personally, if it's not clearly labeled with the rating and manufacturer, I'd avoid using it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I figured out who they came from. I believe he went by Targetman and is now Spartan Armor. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get some more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top