Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 1:16:54 AM EDT
I got one of the Blackwater plate carriers new of the EE maybe 8-9 years ago and never got plates for it.  I really just sort of forgot about it to be honest.  I recently had an ad cross my IG feed about CATI armor plates, among others, and it got me to thinking about getting plates for the carrier. Does anyone here know what size plates it uses offhand?   I can measure it day after tomorrow but if I could get a size I might order plates for it sooner.  I'm not deploying to Iraq or anything like that.  I have some soft armor and was looking for a decent plate setup in the short term that can be a truck set I can sort of 'set it and forget it' until Sonic or Outback get hit by Abu Dhabi and the Forty Thieves.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably 10x12s, that's the most common size since it falls between sapi medium and large. Most military style plate carriers are sapi sizes, iirc when i saw "blackwater" bramd plates they were 10x12. That said the difference between sapi sizes, 10x12s, and custom can be fractions of an inch. On some plate carriers that matters a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top