Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 4:14:57 PM EDT
I'm looking for a micro rig, and came across this while looking at the Haley rigs.

I'm wondering if anyone here has one of these, and if they know if it would be viable as a chest rig if I threw on some loop velcro silencers and put split bar buckles on the sides. I'm wondering if it might be too flimsy to work on its own.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be easily to do, there are plenty of 1" loops on the sides to attach the shoulder straps and waist belt:

Add all the straps and cover the hook velcro on the back and you'd be GTG.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I figured, it just seems like a cheaper and higher quality alternative to the d3, so I was surprised I couldn't find anything on it.

I think I'll shoot an email to mayflower anyway before I go for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you seen their chest rig adapter? I'll bet you $2 that they'll point you down that direction if you want to run it as a chest rig. :)

https://www.velsyst.com/placard-chest-rig-adapter.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I did this and had been meaning to post a write up on it but never did, very easy to do.

I got a Spiritus systems H-harness and lower strap and the appropriate 1" ITW buckles and it works great.  

I'll have to snap some pictures when I get off shift.

ETA: Fits my purpose much better than the D3CR I used to have
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you seen their chest rig adapter? I'll bet you $2 that they'll point you down that direction if you want to run it as a chest rig. :)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I didn't realize they came out with a smaller version of it. The price tag is a bit steep compared to the harness I already have though.

Quoted:
I did this and had been meaning to post a write up on it but never did, very easy to do.

I got a Spiritus systems H-harness and lower strap and the appropriate 1" ITW buckles and it works great.  

I'll have to snap some pictures when I get off shift.

ETA: Fits my purpose much better than the D3CR I used to have
Awesome, that's perfect. Please do post pics if you can.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Awesome, that's perfect. Please do post pics if you can.
View Quote
Will do.

For reference as to what I have it stocked with:

4 AR Mags
2 M&P 9mm mags
Surefire light
Leatherman
Full IFAK
Ear plugs
Little bottle of lube
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Been busy getting everything ready for the hurricane, just now had a minute to snap some quick pictures for you.

Attached to my LWPC as a placard
Attachment Attached File

By itself
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

As a chest rig
Attachment Attached File

How the side buckles are attached
Attachment Attached File

@aynt

ETA:  waist strap is actually the Down Range gear adjustable elastic strap, forgot to mention that previously
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]
@jcast141 This is perfect, thanks for taking the time to take pics. I'll probably order one next week.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@jcast141 This is perfect, thanks for taking the time to take pics. I'll probably order one next week.
View Quote
Glad I could help man, I really like it.  If you have any more questions just hit me up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top