BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Against the advice above from croak(sorry man) .I'm really leaning hard towards the JPC 2.0

Anyone use the first spear 3 band tube cummerbund from mostactical on the JPC, if so, how is it?  Is any sewing modification necessary? Is there a better way to attach tubes to the JPC?

DefenderAO, your setup looks awesome, can you post up a rundown?  Going back I've seen you name some of the gear.
View Quote
@bending_rodriguez I looked at that route but decided just to upgrade to a tube ready carrier. I have a Spiritus with the 3 band tubes, if you're ever around FF county you're welcome to try it on
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
@bending_rodriguez I looked at that route but decided just to upgrade to a tube ready carrier. I have a Spiritus with the 3 band tubes, if you're ever around FF county you're welcome to try it on
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Against the advice above from croak(sorry man) .I'm really leaning hard towards the JPC 2.0

Anyone use the first spear 3 band tube cummerbund from mostactical on the JPC, if so, how is it?  Is any sewing modification necessary? Is there a better way to attach tubes to the JPC?

DefenderAO, your setup looks awesome, can you post up a rundown?  Going back I've seen you name some of the gear.

I have the JPC 1 with the tube kit adapter, absolutely love it. The adapter kit can be stitched, or the flap can be folded over. Right now mine is folded over.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your response. I am going to give them a shot at this price. After working with them I will see if I want something different.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:48:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sp1shooter] [#4]
Axl makes a nice looking cumberbund with tubes for JPC. $$$ though.

Axl Equinox

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there any good carriers out on the market that take 8x10 plates? or even smaller plates like 6x8 or 6x6?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Thanks for the offer Camel!

I ended up going with the JPC 2.0 and the MOStac/first spear tubes cummerbund.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#7]
Playing around with new ideas
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/20230425_172533_jpg-2795860.JPG
View Quote

I'm assuming you did some jumping jacks with that?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if it works I dislike it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I'm assuming you did some jumping jacks with that?
View Quote

Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Even if it works I dislike it.
View Quote

Yes I did. Ran, jumped, actually did a cartwheel. The unobtainium pouches have good retention.

The picture is flipped. It's actually on my strong side. I've been playing with strong side reloads and it's actually really easy to do since the mag is out of the way of slings/gear/the gun
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

Let's compete for the high score with different camo types

Show me some IDGAF setups.........................

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20230412_191049_Gallery-2780451.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220813-185425_Gallery-2488112.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20211124_185421-2179943.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200926_122013-1960979.jpg

ATACS FGX shirt
Multicam Tropic pants

Finnish knockoff Flectarn rifle

Kryptec/m81/MARPAT belt

Ranger green carrier
Multicam mag pouches

Zero shits

This could be the ugliest setup I’ve ever seen.

I dig it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Yes I did. Ran, jumped, actually did a cartwheel. The unobtainium pouches have good retention.

The picture is flipped. It's actually on my strong side. I've been playing with strong side reloads and it's actually really easy to do since the mag is out of the way of slings/gear/the gun
View Quote

What is the theory behind strong side reloads? Im not tier one by any means... but that seems counterintuitive to me to take your strong hand away from the controls to grab a reload. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:

What is the theory behind strong side reloads? Im not tier one by any means... but that seems counterintuitive to me to take your strong hand away from the controls to grab a reload. What am I missing?
View All Quotes

I like strong side reloads for shooting prone
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Fighting from different positions.
Spreading the load around for weight distribution
Using the unused space
Not every reload is a speed reload
Working malfunctions that require the strong side to clear anyway
There are certain positions I can actually stay behind the sights if I use my support hand to handle the gun while my strong hand reloads. It's helpful when tracking/processing the environment using magnification so you don't have to "search" for the target after.

There's not one answer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

This man gets it
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/20230425_172533_jpg-2795860.JPG
View Quote

Nice Equinox Cummerbund. Really like mine, think it's a must have honestly.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Using the unused space
There are certain positions I can actually stay behind the sights if I use my support hand to handle the gun while my strong hand reloads. It's helpful when tracking/processing the environment using magnification so you don't have to "search" for the target after.

There's not one answer.
View Quote

just to preface this - im not trying to be a jerk or an elitist or anything at all. Im trying to learn.

I dont disagree with of this, except I will argue that in my opinion if im only going to have one hand remain on the weapon, it makes more sense to me in every scenario to have it be the strong hand.

Also to speak for prone reloads... how often do you see this being necessary?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#18]

just to preface this - im not trying to be a jerk or an elitist or anything at all. Im trying to learn.

I dont disagree with of this, except I will argue that in my opinion if im only going to have one hand remain on the weapon, it makes more sense to me in every scenario to have it be the strong hand.

View All Quotes

Using the unused space

There's not one answer.

Not taking it like you're being a jerk so no need to worry about that. Your stance is exactly the problem when people only equate easy, static range splits to crossing over into combat/gunfighting.

Do you know what bumping mags is?
Do you know the difference between tactical and combat reloads are?

Maybe I just finished a drill with my pistol. So I am going to holster the side arm and at the same time bring my rifle up with my support hand. My strong hand will be reaching for a mag since it's already at my side. The larger picture is, if I need to reload from strong side, what is the easiest way to do it while stating organized?

As for prone reloads, maybe not that much at all. But if I need to it is crazy easy to do with the strong hand with the mag oriented as such.

Maybe I end up hating the setup. That's the point of trying things
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Nice Equinox Cummerbund. Really like mine, think it's a must have honestly.

View Quote

Thanks man! It's my second one lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Not taking it like you're being a jerk so no need to worry about that. Your stance is exactly the problem when people only equate easy, static range splits to crossing over into combat/gunfighting.

Maybe I just finished a drill with my pistol. So I am going to holster the side arm and at the same time bring my rifle up with my support hand. My strong hand will be reaching for a mag since it's already at my side. The larger picture is, if I need to reload from strong side, what is the easiest way to do it while stating organized?

As for prone reloads, maybe not that much at all. But if I need to it is crazy easy to do with the strong hand with the mag oriented as such.

View Quote

Yes to both of your questions. I personally still use my support hand for both of those types of reloads.

The weapon transition piece of this is not something I had considered for a practical or drill standpoint.

The prone reload on strong side doesnt make sense to me still... but ill put a pin in that until i can try it out after work. Thanks for your responses!

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes to both of your questions. I personally still use my support hand for both of those types of reloads.

The weapon transition piece of this is not something I had considered for a practical or drill standpoint.

The prone reload on strong side doesnt make sense to me still... but ill put a pin in that until i can try it out after work. Thanks for your responses!

View All Quotes

If you've noticed, I still have a bunch of mags where I need them for support hand reloads. From a fighting standpoint, you should be able to conduct reloads, medical, and any other responsive tasks with both hands. That tends to get lost in translation for those that haven't had to do things in real life
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]

If you've noticed, I still have a bunch of mags where I need them for support hand reloads. From a fighting standpoint, you should be able to conduct reloads, medical, and any other responsive tasks with both hands. That tends to get lost in translation for those that haven't had to do things in real life
View Quote

Also agree with those points.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I keep BFG ten speeds on either side of the cummerbund for the reasons articulated above. There could be a time where you don't have ideal access to your weak side (prone, up against cover that you'd rather not budge from, drivers side of a car for a righty, etc). Mag pouches are small, light, and unobtrusive. I don't mind using those to take up space and provide options.
Attachment Attached File

I do think there's a happy medium when it comes to keeping weight manageable vs using every spare inch of molle available. But that's why we try stuff out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
I keep BFG ten speeds on either side of the cummerbund for the reasons articulated above. There could be a time where you don't have ideal access to your weak side (prone, up against cover that you'd rather not budge from, drivers side of a car for a righty, etc). Mag pouches are small, light, and unobtrusive. I don't mind using those to take up space and provide options.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/20230219_152002_jpg-2797228.JPG
I do think there's a happy medium when it comes to keeping weight manageable vs using every spare inch of molle available. But that's why we try stuff out.
View Quote

Really nice set up
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quick update. Put the Ferro soft side armor on in place of 6x6 side plates
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
My very vanilla LBT 6094G3v2 that I'm still figuring out and needing to buy plates and other stuff for

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
This is tech, I'm not being combative.

It is my understanding that in either a military or civilian setting you will be given O- blood which makes such a patch completely unnecessary.

Is this an accurate assessment?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#28]

It is my understanding that in either a military or civilian setting you will be given O- blood which makes such a patch completely unnecessary.

View Quote

No idea! I hope I never find out. Having said that, more information is better than less information, and if there's ever a position where I need blood (or someone else needs blood and I can donate) and supplies are low, better to have that information out there and available up front.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Yes. And that patch will be removed (along with everything else) in pre-hospital care. That's why you write it on your boot
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Yes. And that patch will be removed (along with everything else) in pre-hospital care. That's why you write it on your boot
View All Quotes

That's smart, all Delta do that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Today I had an idea

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#33]

Care to explain 🤔
View All Quotes

So the whole self accessible back panel

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm making one out of a qore iceplate/pouch

I'm not a fan of how they attach at the shoulders, though the first spear one isn't bad. I don't like all those buckles where my stock goes. Still a work in progress
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

100% accurate assessment

Knowing your blood type is always good, but the patch won’t mean a thing to anyone taking care of you. Like another poster said your gear will at best be piled up in a corner of the room but you’ll be coming in “trauma naked”.

Blood products go through some of the most stringent checks prior to administration because of the severe consequences of using the wrong type.

In an emergent setting you’ll get O-, plasma, or packed RBC’s etc and they’ll do a type and cross to determine blood type and confirm what you actually need.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

The flight medics I know have said that the last thing they’re gonna do when blood transfusion is needed is trust some random dudes patch.

However I wouldn’t trust dog tags either - I got to play with it one day and I was willing to put anything on those suckers lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#36]

So the whole self accessible back panel

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20230504-114809_Chrome_jpg-2805783.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20230504-114818_Chrome_jpg-2805785.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20230504-114902_Instagram_jpg-2805786.JPG

I'm making one out of a qore iceplate/pouch

I'm not a fan of how they attach at the shoulders, though the first spear one isn't bad. I don't like all those buckles where my stock goes. Still a work in progress
View Quote

I saw this the other day and was intrigued. The waist strap could be better but maybe that can be modded out with a dangler, etc.

Setting up the JAC Pack: DETACHABLE configuration

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Same concept. I'm trying to make just about any molle rear "pack" into these
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Same concept. I'm trying to make just about any molle rear "pack" into these
View Quote

Cool, more versatility is better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Since the iceplate carrier is double sided molle it gives me a lot of ways to play with it. And the iceplate itself being a hard bladder gives it structure/rigidity. A few "DIY" pieces and I'll be good to go. Trying to decide what I should actually mount internally right now
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Can you tell Qore they need to make larger sized carriers please?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#41]
So just upgraded from a Grey Ghost Minimalist to a K19, and wow what a difference. New to Plackards. Think I will go with the Agelite for AR mags but anyone have a good source for AK mags?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Self accessible pack panel...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Got the Agilite admin pouch in yesterday, attaches directly to their Pincer Placard, pretty low profile, which is perfect for me, I really don't like anything in front of my mags but this is livable and useful.  Also has some laser MOLLE on either side if you want to hang more stuff off the front, primarily made for pistol mag pouches.  Pouch wasn't a huge upgrade, but a handy one.

Agilite K19 3.0, Agilite Pincer Placard, Admin Pouch, Six Pack dangler, Defense Mechanisms hybrid cummerbund, Grim Hunter Tactical K19 cummerbund adaptor, couple Spiritus Wing 2.0 for budget comms and strong side reload, old trusty HSGI mag pouch support side reload, M-Pact gloves I'll probably never wear, and currently running Tacticon SRT+ plates inside.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#44]
Found the answers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Question for y’all on sizing, I took my measurements based on a Google on how to do that, and my size seems to fall between a Medium and a Large. My chest is larger and I measure for a large in width but I have a shorter torso and measure for a medium in length. But I also got confused on some of the info out there, some say measure to the belly button and subtract 3-4 inches. Some say measure to the belly button and only subtract 1 inch. If I go by the 1 inch rule, then I for sure need a large plate, but by the 3-4 inch rule I would need a medium. I’m going with the Crye SPC and their website says if you fall between sizes, size up. By that info, I need a large? I’ve been thinking large is what I need but looking for guidance/validation on that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BrentB17:
Question for y’all on sizing, I took my measurements based on a Google on how to do that, and my size seems to fall between a Medium and a Large. My chest is larger and I measure for a large in width but I have a shorter torso and measure for a medium in length. But I also got confused on some of the info out there, some say measure to the belly button and subtract 3-4 inches. Some say measure to the belly button and only subtract 1 inch. If I go by the 1 inch rule, then I for sure need a large plate, but by the 3-4 inch rule I would need a medium. I’m going with the Crye SPC and their website says if you fall between sizes, size up. By that info, I need a large? I’ve been thinking large is what I need but looking for guidance/validation on that?
View Quote

Balance between coverage and mobility. Going with medium allows you to balance those. I'm a manlet and went medium because common parts and such.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm short and thick too. I went with a medium JPC 1, it fits but is as small as it can go. Wish I could have tried a small.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#48]
View Quote

Are you using a belt? Medium.

Are you using a pc only? Dealers choice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:
I'm short and thick too. I went with a medium JPC 1, it fits but is as small as it can go. Wish I could have tried a small.
View Quote

I’m 6’1” and 210 pounds and my legs grow out of my neck so that’s where I get hung up. Following all of these charts on the internet it says I’d be in a large but I just have super long legs and a shorter torso.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#50]

I’m 6’1” and 210 pounds and my legs grow out of my neck so that’s where I get hung up. Following all of these charts on the internet it says I’d be in a large but I just have super long legs and a shorter torso.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:

Me as well. I wear a medium.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top