BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

I think it might be cheaper to just carry less shit on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

I think it might be cheaper to just carry less shit on it.

Ok yeah, thats fair. I pulled the placard off and it comes in at 20 pounds. IIRC, the plates are 8 each. Its been a long time since I bought them, and I don't want to pull them out of the carrier to weigh them. I just wasn't sure if there were lighter options. I'd like to hang on to 3 rifle mags and the IFAK. I have a molle placard on the way to mount Gcode mag pouches to, but I doubt it will be lighter than the fight lite is by itself.

Originally Posted By cone256:

Well all of those cobra buckles add some ounces, same with the pistol mags.  Do you not have a belt setup?  Only reason I'd have pistol mags on my carrier would be if I didn't have a belt

I do have a belt setup with 2 pistol mag pouches (and 2 rifle). I'll play around with the setup.

@nikroft The patch came from OP Tactical
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Rather than start a new thread i figured I'd ask here.  What is the recommendation for a carrier that will take my soft vest as an insert in addition to the plates?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CousinIT50:
Rather than start a new thread i figured I'd ask here.  What is the recommendation for a carrier that will take my soft vest as an insert in addition to the plates?
View Quote

Depending on the cut, velocity should. If nit you may need to get a custom carrier
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
A bit further revised after some recent classes,

- Ferro Slickster
- Shaw Concepts shoulder pads
- Spiritus Systems MK4 with inserts/half flap

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hellishhorses] [#5]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

I jogged a mile and a half in my LBX carrier tonight, with Spartan AR550 swimmer's cut plates.  It was pretty comfortable.
View Quote

Bought those plates and a Spartan carrier for the wife.

Have mine set exactly the way I want:

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:
No one is even going to make fun of my knife?
View Quote

@sp1shooter

I'm more interested in that little Petzl light you got there...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:34:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sp1shooter] [#7]
Originally Posted By Creature:

@sp1shooter

I'm more interested in that little Petzl light you got there...
View Quote

It's a Petzl e+lite. Great little light. About $30.
@Creature
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#8]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:

It's a Petzl e+lite. Great little light. About $30.
@Creature
View Quote
How do you have it attached to your carrier?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rex_Allen:

Well it ain’t nothing special but it ain’t garbage either. I used it while I was in the Air Force. You can rit dye it to change the color but it’s yours if you want it. It’s a tactical assault gear I forget the model

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358930/7BCABC93-238B-41DF-BA8C-F1B545DA92FF_jpe-1766659.JPG

I’m Marana area
View Quote

ARF never disappoints.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#10]
To anyone who needs any mag retaining bungees/tabs, the HSGI ones are nice.
Got 2 sets of 3 bungees/tabs for $14 shipped.
Just added a set to my JPC.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#11]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
To anyone who needs any mag retaining bungees/tabs, the HSGI ones are nice.
Got 2 sets of 3 bungees/tabs for $14 shipped.
Just added a set to my JPC.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20210109_133435_jpg-1771709.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20210109_133139_jpg-1771713.JPG
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Creature:
How do you have it attached to your carrier?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I comes with a removable strap and has a built in spring clip on the back (black wire). The light swivels on that back piece.
@Creature
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Ferro Concepts FCPC V5 w Hesco 3810. Super comfortable setup.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

https://i.imgur.com/M6thBgP.jpg
View Quote

My 3810s feel better when LARPing around that my U210s. I think it is the built-in cushioning.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

My 3810s feel better when LARPing around that my U210s. I think it is the built-in cushioning.
View Quote

That was the first thing I noticed on the 3810’s was the cushion. Great plates for sure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Nice set up.

3810's are the cats meow.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Nice set up.

View All Quotes

Nice set up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:48:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Valravn] [#18]
I’m in need of something that will fit hesco L210 Fairly low profile lightweight and in stock.

I want the trex arms carrier but they are a couple weeks out.

Would prefer sooner but don’t want to settle

So something similar. Lightweight low drag can hang a triple shingle on it and call it good.

Any color aside from black

Would the LBX armatus II medium fit those plates?

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#19]
Originally Posted By Valravn:
I’m in need of something that will fit hesco L210 Fairly low profile lightweight and in stock.

So something similar. Lightweight low drag can hang a triple shingle on it and call it good.

Thoughts?

View Quote

This one is pretty low profile. The first one I ordered I got in 3 days. The second took a week. Now it's a 11-13 day lead time.

https://www.javlinconcepts.com/all-products/bjac-w83df

It's modular so you can add different shingles and cummerbunds.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Valravn:

Thoughts?

View Quote

If the Trex Arms carrier is what you want, then I'd wait for the thing you actually want. You'll be unsatisfied with whatever stopgap you settle for and wind up buying the Trex later anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I want the Slickster but they don't seem to want to make any.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote

Those pop up on EE almost daily. Bookmark and keep your eyes peeled:

https://parler.com/profile/WWG1WGA41020/posts

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Brian01:

If the Trex Arms carrier is what you want, then I'd wait for the thing you actually want. You'll be unsatisfied with whatever stopgap you settle for and wind up buying the Trex later anyway.
View Quote

True. Good point.

Been there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Yea for 100 over what they cost. No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Got a long way to go but just got this set up.

CRYE 2.0 JPC
Hesco L210s

Waiting on Esstac triple and I’ll take it from there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:01:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Valravn] [#26]
Originally Posted By Brian01:

View Quote

That LBX looks pretty nice too. Would be good with either I think.

Anybody know if the Hesco 210 large size will fit right in the medium carrier?

ETA looks like they will. ordered.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#27]
So I have a SKDtac PIG, and I had two questions that I'm hoping y'all can help with:

1) if I wanted to carry water on it, how's the best way to do so? Canteen, water bladder, bottle? Just don't? Recommendations?

2) can anyone recommend some soft side armor to go in the PIG? Skdtac's armor policy seems like... a pain, or I'd just order from them since their soft side armor inserts should fit their cummerbund... A notary and mailing original paperwork? Really?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Depends on how much water you want to carry. SKD made a couple of 2 - 3L options that were designed to integrate with their carriers.
If this is just for range/light use I'd think about just using a bottle you probably already have. Throw it in a bag/pack.

Last hydration pack I've used was the Emdom Vehicle Hydration Carrier, it was super cool 8 years ago but for my last trip I got by fine with 2 Nalgenes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

I would strongly suggest steering clear of the xl plates.  Getting into and out of a vehicle is fucking hell with them on. I have similar dimensions to you, recently got the 10x12 plates, never going back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
I am a BIG dude.  A little overweight like most of us but by no means a blob.  6'3" 300lbs.  Broad shoulders, thick chest, long torso.  

I have pretty much come to terms that I will likely need 11x14 plates.  What is a good combo for plates and carrier in that size?

I would strongly suggest steering clear of the xl plates.  Getting into and out of a vehicle is fucking hell with them on. I have similar dimensions to you, recently got the 10x12 plates, never going back.

I am 6-4 200 with wide shoulders.  When I use a cutout of typical 10x12 plates I feel like there is very little coverage.  I have a buddy with some 11x14 single curves that don't fit well because of the single curve but the area coverage seems good.

I dont want to get set up with a 10x12 plate/carrier and regret it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:55:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#30]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

I am 6-4 200 with wide shoulders.  When I use a cutout of typical 10x12 plates I feel like there is very little coverage.  I have a buddy with some 11x14 single curves that don't fit well because of the single curve but the area coverage seems good.

View Quote

I had the opposite problem but the answer is the same. 10x12 were too big on me.

Measure yourself tit to tit. That will be your approximate plate width. Mine is width is 8.5"

Now if you are in between sizes like me it was recommended to go with the smaller plate.

Mobility is more important than full chest coverage. Heart protection and the large vessels around the heart is what's most important.

Hesco Fitted for Purpose

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#31]

I had the opposite problem but the answer is the same. 10x12 were too big on me.

Measure yourself tit to tit. That will be your approximate plate width. Mine is width is 8.5"

Now if you are in between sizes like me it was recommended to go with the smaller plate.

Mobility is more important than full chest coverage. Heart protection and the large vessels around the heart is what's most important.

Hesco Fitted for Purpose

View All Quotes

Hesco Fitted for Purpose

Thanks, thats why I'm still doing research.   I only have one buddy with plates, so not much to see in person.  I measured nipple to nipple at just over 10.5 and from clav notch to belly button im just over 15in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By zlman:

ARF never disappoints.
View Quote

And it was not disappointing at all, thank you HUGE to @Rex_Allen. I had to look to find wear on it, as is in really nice shape. I see now exactly what everyone was talking about.

Here it is with no plates. Yes, I REALLY need to lose some of that beer gut - this will actually help.

Attachment Attached File

I don't think the Air Force had guts like mine in mind when picking up gear. That cummberund aint' happy. And now with the High Ground/Hesco 4401 plates installed - things are getting tight. Think I should switch to light beer. However, once I figured out how to put the plates in all was good, easy to use. AND, they seem to be in the right place, even with the collar bone join. Finger is in the top of the plate.

Attachment Attached File

Now I am going to put on the pouches roughly where I think they would work - opinions? They are not threaded in yet, note hanging straps. Waiting for the recommendations of the experts. That small pouch has JUST enough room for the North American Rescue Individual Aid Kit. Not much, but better than nothing.

Attachment Attached File

Again, than you to Rex_Allen - no more razzing the underscores...

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

And it was not disappointing at all, thank you HUGE to @Rex_Allen. I had to look to find wear on it, as is in really nice shape. I see now exactly what everyone was talking about.

Here it is with no plates. Yes, I REALLY need to lose some of that beer gut - this will actually help.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_1_jpg-1773507.JPG

I don't think the Air Force had guts like mine in mind when picking up gear. That cummberund aint' happy. And now with the High Ground/Hesco 4401 plates installed - things are getting tight. Think I should switch to light beer. However, once I figured out how to put the plates in all was good, easy to use. AND, they seem to be in the right place, even with the collar bone join. Finger is in the top of the plate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_2_jpg-1773513.JPG

Now I am going to put on the pouches roughly where I think they would work - opinions? They are not threaded in yet, note hanging straps. Waiting for the recommendations of the experts. That small pouch has JUST enough room for the North American Rescue Individual Aid Kit. Not much, but better than nothing.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_3_jpg-1773530.JPG

View Quote

That looks much better now. You'll lose that beer gut if you walk/run around in that nice new carrier.

The pouches will work like that. I don't like stuff above my magazines for two reasons.  A, it can get in the way of drawing the magazines, and B, it can interfere with a good connection between a rifle stock and your shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks, thats why I'm still doing research.   I only have one buddy with plates, so not much to see in person.  I measured nipple to nipple at just over 10.5 and from clav notch to belly button im just over 15in.
View Quote

You could go with a size XL SAPI, but you’d probably find it difficult to shoulder a rifle and uncomfortable to sit when the plate hits your belt and rides up. Large would probably be the best compromise but as always your mileage may vary. I have similar measurements as you (10.5” width, 14” jugular notch to belly button but only 6’ tall) and I did not like how a large SAPI restricted my movement. 10x12 was a compromise on coverage for mobility and comfort. My concealed vest is about the same because I hate my vest hitting my belt and riding up when sitting in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

That was fast! Looks much better. I keep mag pouches low to keep my face from interfering with the draw, and nothing mounted above, also due to interference.

Is the med pouch MOLLE mounted with no tear away release?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:07:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#36]
Well, I already discovered what you guys were saying...that both the TQ and the "med" pouch interfere with the rifle, sling mostly. LOOKS better, but I need to do some movin' and swappin'.  One thing I noticed that was VERY much better is it doesn't interfere with the side ar or spare mags. I found one should pad strap from an old vest from years ago, but I'll be switched if I can find the other one. One is better than none and it went on the rifle side, as you can see.

Attachment Attached File

I am open to suggestions and no, the "med" pouch is just a simple dump pouch with a zipper, only thing I have right now. Only other pouch I have t play with is that Condor quad mag pouch. Me no likey much.  BUT, it does work. But I want to have the "plug holes" part covered too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#37]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

That looks much better now. You'll lose that beer gut if you walk/run around in that nice new carrier.

The pouches will work like that. I don't like stuff above my magazines for two reasons.  A, it can get in the way of drawing the magazines, and B, it can interfere with a good connection between a rifle stock and your shoulder.
View Quote

That IS the idea. The range is 2 miles away, and I don't need to dump full mags to practice mag change, shoot and move. 5 rounds at a time with attention to accuracy might help settle things. And less beer. MOAR RUM!

ALso, there is a REALLY hard to get into kangaroo pouch with a ton of velcro and small pouch at the bottom, with that pull tab in the middle. What is that for?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:16:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#38]
Well, I already discovered what you guys were saying...that both the TQ and the "med" pouch interfere with the rifle, sling mostly. LOOKS better, but I need to do some movin' and swappin'.  One thing I noticed that was VERY much better is it doesn't interfere with the side ar or spare mags. I found one should pad strap from an old vest from years ago, but I'll be switched if I can find the other one. One is better than none and it went on the rifle side, as you can see.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_4_jpg-1773749.JPG

I am open to suggestions and no, the "med" pouch is just a simple dump pouch with a zipper, only thing I have right now. Only other pouch I have t play with is that Condor quad mag pouch. Me no likey much.  BUT, it does work. But I want to have the "plug holes" part covered too.
View Quote

Are you going to be running a gun/battle belt?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Just the one I have on in the photo, standard trouser gun belt by High Noon with OWB P-10C holster and off side double mag pouch.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#40]
Did some quick internet searching - maybe a Propper bungee triple mag pouch insert for the Kanga pouch then the med stuff in front of that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#41]
Did some quick internet searching - maybe a Propper bungee triple mag pouch insert for the Kanga pouch then the med stuff in front of that?
View Quote

That may be a good solution for you. Keep in mind it will somewhat limit your ability to get low(er) prone.

A lot guys run their med kit on their off hand side cummerbund.

I personally like to keep the front lopro and the sides slick but I have a battle/gun belt to hang first line gear.

I know there are some legit door kickers in here that will be able to help.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rex_Allen] [#42]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/new_one_4_jpg-1773749.JPG

View Quote

With what you have try moving the med pouch your left side on the cummerbund. Keep it as far forward as you can should work well.

ETA assuming you’re right handed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

The new PC looks like it fits orders of magnitude better than your previous setup. How are the cummerbund sides attached at the rear? Shock cord?

@Rex_Allen - That was a classy act. What goes around comes around and I hope you are rewarded BIGLY somewhere down the road.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

@armoredman
IM me your shipping info. I have a LBT magazine insert for a kangaro pouch that has been sitting in a bin for like 8 years.

I have a feeling we're going to Hive-fix your PC setup!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]

The new PC looks like it fits orders of magnitude better than your previous setup. How are the cummerbund sides attached at the rear? Shock cord?

@Rex_Allen - That was a classy act. What goes around comes around and I hope you are rewarded BIGLY somewhere down the road.
View Quote

I figured I might as well help a fellow arfcomer and Arizonan getting set up right. It was sitting in the bottom of a duffel bag full of old uniforms so it’s the least I could do to help minimize my unused collection.

Also looks like you’re going to help him out too. Awesome!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#46]
@PFran42, thank you very much, much appreciated, PM sent.
I actually did exactly what you guys suggested, and moved the medical bag, (not high speed enough to be a IFAK), to the left side cummerbund as far forward as I could. I also noticed that holding the rifle at rest with this gave me a spot to rest the left forearm.  And yes, right handed, but left eye dominant. Drove my instructors nuts over the years.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Rex_Allen:

I figured I might as well help a fellow arfcomer and Arizonan getting set up right. It was sitting in the bottom of a duffel bag full of old uniforms so it’s the least I could do to help minimize my unused collection.

Also looks like you’re going to help him out too. Awesome!
View Quote

Vastly appreciated from this old squid, sir.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I forgot to add, yes the cummer bund is shock corded in the rear...I am going to assume I should let that cord out to make it long enough. Duh. I wish we'd had stuff like this back when I was in the military...woodland camo flak vests were what we were issued for shipboard security.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I forgot to add, yes the cummer bund is shock corded in the rear...I am going to assume I should let that cord out to make it long enough. Duh. I wish we'd had stuff like this back when I was in the military...woodland camo flak vests were what we were issued for shipboard security.
View Quote

They just recently started issuing good gear for regular guys in the Air Force. When I was in it was all IOTVs and my command at the time finally let us wear plate carriers and that’s how I got the one I gave you. They didn’t supply them we had to acquire   them and have them approved for use. So that one saw many days and nights checking IDs at the main gate
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Very cool, sir, good gear with good history.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top