BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 161
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:23:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By daemon734:

Close, but molle attachment on the backside instead of velcro so it can be used on ruck waistbelts and non velcro belts.
View Quote
Shoot Darrin Talbott of EGL a message; he'll make whatever you want. Might take a while to get, but it'll be top-notch quality.

ETA: Page-ownage; here's my current setup using a Crye MRB.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Close, but molle attachment on the backside instead of velcro so it can be used on ruck waistbelts and non velcro belts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Something like this?
Gotcha
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Shoot Darrin Talbott of EGL a message; he'll make whatever you want. Might take a while to get, but it'll be top-notch quality.

ETA: Page-ownage; here's my current setup using a Crye MRB.
https://i.imgur.com/jtxuguA.jpg
View Quote
Could you please share details, and maybe extra pictures of that IFAK?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Soft Taco with an ATS Medical Insert.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
Looks like a Soft Taco with an ATS Medical Insert.
View Quote
@vjf915, @cap6888 nailed it. HSGI Soft Taco, ATS Med Insert, shears, CAT-T in a BFG TQ NOW! strap, aaand a Sharpie.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]

@vjf915, @cap6888 nailed it. HSGI Soft Taco, ATS Med Insert, shears, CAT-T in a BFG TQ NOW! strap, aaand a Sharpie.
View Quote
Thanks for the response.  I didn't recognize it as a Taco because it's so stretched.  How do you like that setup compared to a more traditional IFAK in a med pouch?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Thanks for the response.  I didn't recognize it as a Taco because it's so stretched.  How do you like that setup compared to a more traditional IFAK in a med pouch?
View Quote
Man I've gone through so many IFAK pouches and setups, yet I always come right back to this one. My biggest requirement is to be able to pull that sucker free of the pouch and lay it down on the ground in front of me. I feel like other than what's actually contained inside, that requirement is paramount. I had another ATS pouch that tore away from a Velcro-lined panel that was pretty cool, but it took up too much lateral space on my belt. This one rides vertical, and though it's a bit bulky, it doesn't really seem to be an issue. Here's a vid of some run-and-gun from last weekend to prove the point.

Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Man I've gone through so many IFAK pouches and setups, yet I always come right back to this one. My biggest requirement is to be able to pull that sucker free of the pouch and lay it down on the ground in front of me. I feel like other than what's actually contained inside, that requirement is paramount. I had another ATS pouch that tore away from a Velcro-lined panel that was pretty cool, but it took up too much lateral space on my belt. This one rides vertical, and though it's a bit bulky, it doesn't really seem to be an issue. Here's a vid of some run-and-gun from last weekend to prove the point.
View Quote
Thanks for the detailed reply.  I'm going to take a hard look at this option.

Picture thread.

The Scorpion soft shells just came in today.  I really like the feel of them, and can't wait to try them out at the range.  There is quite a bit of play though, as the belt mount was designed for a larger belt.  I should have gone for the P3 and R3 mounts instead.

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:29:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#9]
Just got my JPC set up for all swiftclip placards.  So far have the M4, 7.62, and subgun placards set up.  I may play with another couple in various configs.

AR placard is velocity systems, which was good because it is larger than most others to cover all the velcro on the carrier, and has adjustable vertical straps. However for some reason the molle on it didnt line up exactly with my mag pouches so it's a little wonky.  The Subgun is an esstac molle placard, fits almost exactly over the velcro even though its a tad bit smaller, and has an interior pocket on it.  Semms a bit more rigid than the velocity, which is good.  308 is the esstac dedicated 308 panel.

Thinking about trying out a haley rig as well that I can also use as standalone, but still debating on which size.

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got my JPC set up for all swiftclip placards.  So far have the M4, 7.62, and subgun placards set up.  I may play with another couple in various configs.

AR placard is velocity systems, which was good because it is larger than most others to cover all the velcro on the carrier, and has adjustable vertical straps. However for some reason the molle on it didnt line up exactly with my mag pouches so it's a little wonky.  The Subgun is an esstac molle placard, fits almost exactly over the velcro even though its a tad bit smaller, and has an interior pocket on it.  Semms a bit more rigid than the velocity, which is good.  308 is the esstac dedicated 308 panel.

Thinking about trying out a haley rig as well that I can also use as standalone, but still debating on which size.

https://i.imgur.com/vo8Fb9d.jpg
View Quote
The Swift-clip setups are definitely the way to go. Nice gear as usual. Have you played with the Spiritus chassis at all?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]

The Swift-clip setups are definitely the way to go. Nice gear as usual. Have you played with the Spiritus chassis at all?
View Quote
I have not. I like the layout of the Haleys a little better, but I admit ive never actually handled either.  i'd like to get my hands on one and check it out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:19:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#12]

I have not. I like the layout of the Haleys a little better, but I admit ive never actually handled either.  i'd like to get my hands on one and check it out.
View Quote
I dig the compactness of the Spiritus, and especially like how you can swap the internal dividers out based on what primary you're toting. Although I will admit, I typically just grab my belt unless it's super cold. In that case, it's pretty nice to have everything off my hips so I don't get tangled up with my layers.

My only experience with the Haley rigs are with the old DC3R.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I went with the Haley Micro rig after being on the fence for a while.  I had used the original D3CR and didn’t like the layout of the front pouches or the stuff pouch, the Micro is a lot better.

I went with the D3CRM over the Spiritus as I liked the zipper closure of the front pouch and that it came with elastic storage already, wasn’t one more thing to buy.  I have the AR insert in now with their kydex insert (forget what they’re called) and it has a nice positive retention, better than just elastic loops IMO.  Haven’t messed with the sub gun insert yet as I’m still waiting to pick up a gun to use it with lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:48:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DisposableHero] [#14]
9 years since I started figuring out what works for me. Lots of competition, training, and some small unit tactics thrown in. I've built up quite the stash.

I built it out in terms of layers now. With this being the baseline:

Left to right on the belt:

TT Magna double pistol pouch
HSGI Taco
HSGI Taco
HSGI Bleeder with TQ attached
TT Canteen/Utility pouch for water, extra mags, snacks, etc.
Becker BK10 knife
KT-Mech holster for CZ P07

To scale up, I add a chest rig

It's just a simple 4 mag MVT rig. I have one small pouch on each side for misc items. There are also radio pockets built into each end that can accept a PRC-148/152 or two mags each. Compass and map pouches are sewn on the back.

Beyond that, I can throw on a small pack to carry extras.

Another option I've been toying with is a total belt kit, like a modernized ALICE.

The base of it is a BFG Beltminus in wolf grey (would rather have had a green one, but they were out and I got this thing on closeout since BFG stopped making them)

Pouches, left to right:
Mayflower Jungle 5.56 Pouch
Chinook Med TMK med pouch
Mayflower Jungle Canteen/Utility Pouch, holds canteen with cup and stove
Mayflower Jungle GP Pouch
Mayflower Jungle Canteen/Utility Pouch

I did the shock cord wrap myself using some spare items I had on hand. It's a British technique to squeeze the pouches in and minimize rattling. This whole rig is nifty because it pretty much doesn't care a lick about water and absorbs almost nothing. I can stuff three 5.56 mags in each of the mag pouches, or two 20rd 308 PMAGs. The other helpful thing with this config is that the four pouches across the back make a nice steady "shelf." Throw a pack on and then rest it on top of the shelf and it helps with managing the weight.

I left the pistol off of this one because the beltminus is a little floppy for it, but I may reconsider it in the future. In the meantime, I've had good luck rucking around with it and adding an old HSGI drop leg I have laying around.

Knife is a Becker BK-16, pistol is the same CZ P07 from the first config. The pictured pack is a Savotta Jaakari-S. I've been experimenting with instead of my usual GR-1. So far so good.

This is the back of the belt so you can see the Mayflower pouches. No hard edges, very comfortable.

The rig here is kind of a "junkyard" setup. Mostly things I picked up on sale, or decided I didn't really need. I consider it more of a "heavyweight," but would work well for a longer duration excursion for a day or two without a pack.

Base is a FirstSpear 6/12 Patrolling Harness (discontinued)

Pouches, left to right:

TT Magna double pistol mag pouch
FirstSpear M4 Double (4 mags)
ATS Med Pouch
SOTech Canteen Pouch, holds canteen with cup and stove
Mayflower Jungle Buttpack
HSGI Hydration Pouch, good for a 1L Nalgene or similar sized
TT Modular Holster with CZ P07
MVT small utility pouch

And, lastly, this is the true "leftovers" rig. Pretty much whatever was laying around the spares box. But it works.

Belt is a Mayflower Jungle Minimalist, suspenders are a TT Fight Light harness

Pouches, left to right:

TT Universal Mag Pouch (5.56 x 3, or .308 x2)
BAE Eclipse Canteen pouch
ATS Medium Upright Pouch
BAE Eclipse Canteen Pouch
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DisposableHero:
9 years since I started figuring out what works for me. Lots of competition, training, and some small unit tactics thrown in. I've built up quite the stash.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040940.jpg

HSGI Taco
HSGI Taco
Becker BK10 knife

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040927.jpg

It's just a simple 4 mag MVT rig. I have one small pouch on each side for misc items. There are also radio pockets built into each end that can accept a PRC-148/152 or two mags each. Compass and map pouches are sewn on the back.

Another option I've been toying with is a total belt kit, like a modernized ALICE.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040929.jpg

The base of it is a BFG Beltminus in wolf grey (would rather have had a green one, but they were out and I got this thing on closeout since BFG stopped making them)

Pouches, left to right:

I did the shock cord wrap myself using some spare items I had on hand. It's a British technique to squeeze the pouches in and minimize rattling. This whole rig is nifty because it pretty much doesn't care a lick about water and absorbs almost nothing. I can stuff three 5.56 mags in each of the mag pouches, or two 20rd 308 PMAGs. The other helpful thing with this config is that the four pouches across the back make a nice steady "shelf." Throw a pack on and then rest it on top of the shelf and it helps with managing the weight.

I left the pistol off of this one because the beltminus is a little floppy for it, but I may reconsider it in the future. In the meantime, I've had good luck rucking around with it and adding an old HSGI drop leg I have laying around.

Knife is a Becker BK-16, pistol is the same CZ P07 from the first config. The pictured pack is a Savotta Jaakari-S. I've been experimenting with instead of my usual GR-1. So far so good.

This is the back of the belt so you can see the Mayflower pouches. No hard edges, very comfortable.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040933.jpg

The rig here is kind of a "junkyard" setup. Mostly things I picked up on sale, or decided I didn't really need. I consider it more of a "heavyweight," but would work well for a longer duration excursion for a day or two without a pack.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040935.jpg

Pouches, left to right:

ATS Med Pouch
MVT small utility pouch

And, lastly, this is the true "leftovers" rig. Pretty much whatever was laying around the spares box. But it works.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040941.jpg

Pouches, left to right:

ATS Medium Upright Pouch
View Quote
My biggest question after reading your post is...where did you get that Savotta backpack?

I can’t seem to find them anywhere stateside.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I couldn't get it stateside either. I picked it up from Scandinavian Outdoors in Finland: https://scandinavianoutdoor.com/savotta/gear/backpacks-and-bags/backpacks/minijaakari/

So far so good on this thing. It rides higher than my GR1 and gives me just about the right amount of space.,
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I couldn't get it stateside either. I picked it up from Scandinavian Outdoors in Finland: https://scandinavianoutdoor.com/savotta/gear/backpacks-and-bags/backpacks/minijaakari/

So far so good on this thing. It rides higher than my GR1 and gives me just about the right amount of space.,
View Quote
Cool thanks. They look like they’re awesome packs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Is that the Heavy DC3R rig?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Is that the Heavy DC3R rig?
View Quote
Looks like the new D3CRM micro rig to me:

Attachment Attached File

Regardless, it's a really good looking setup.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:
Looks like the new D3CRM micro rig to me:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457348/Haley_strategic_d3crm_jpg-829077.JPG

Regardless, it's a really good looking setup.
View Quote
Ah yeah, my bad. That's the first time I've seen their micro setup, I think.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#22]

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040940.jpg

HSGI Taco
HSGI Taco
Becker BK10 knife

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040927.jpg

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040929.jpg

Pouches, left to right:

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040932.jpg

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040933.jpg

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040935.jpg

Pouches, left to right:

ATS Med Pouch
MVT small utility pouch

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/p1040941.jpg

Pouches, left to right:

ATS Medium Upright Pouch
View Quote
Like the junkyard rig Ole School Set-up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Maguzi308:

Like the junkyard rig Ole School Set-up.
View Quote
word, I feel like every American should own something like that. I'm a huge fan of our all volunteer force as it allows for a more technologically proficient military, but ill be damned in an old IBA and junkyard rig wouldn't work for your average joe with a little bit of training
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:23:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmaSource] [#24]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:
I am running a G-Code RTI Duty Mount Belt-Slide on the inner belt of my Ronin Tactics belt.  I would like to have some that attaches to the Molle instead, but still has the slight drop like the duty mount.  What are my options, or what are you running that is similar?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ascalon:
Been using this Stormrider Gear underlord/overlord setup for almost a year now. I dig it. Trex arms ragnarok for my M&p m2.0.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459787/IMG_20181215_150421-773406.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459787/IMG_20181215_150516-773405.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459787/IMG_20181215_150608-773403.jpg
View Quote
What knife is that?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tier_One_arms:

What knife is that?

Thanks!
View Quote
Colonel blades NCO lowvz
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#28]
Crye licensed copy AVS on left and real Crye AVS on right. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about, now time to load them out and see if I can kill the copy

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By great308:
Crye licensed copy AVS on left and real Crye AVS on right. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about, now time to load them out and see if I can kill the copy

https://i.imgur.com/msbPjPc.jpg
View Quote
Forgive my ignorance, but who makes the "Crye licensed copy AVS" in your picture.  Does whomever make it actually have a license from Crye or something?  I keep scratching my head over this but figured I just come out and ask thus showing my ignorance.  I personally have three Crye CPCs in Multicam, OD and Coyote and two JPCs (one in Coyote and one in Multicam).  I know of a lot of imitations for both but have never heard of a licensed copy.  Sorry for my ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By XIIITRAUMA:
http://i67.tinypic.com/5xlu1u.jpg
View Quote
What micro rig is that?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
What micro rig is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
Originally Posted By XIIITRAUMA:
http://i67.tinypic.com/5xlu1u.jpg
What micro rig is that?
Spiritus Systems
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#33]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
ZShot sells crye licensed copies of their gear. I've heard the quality varies considerably with some saying it's pretty crappy and others saying it's not too far off.

There are minor tweaks made, like back panels being incompatible with the real ones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By dave3223:

Forgive my ignorance, but who makes the "Crye licensed copy AVS" in your picture.  Does whomever make it actually have a license from Crye or something?  I keep scratching my head over this but figured I just come out and ask thus showing my ignorance.  I personally have three Crye CPCs in Multicam, OD and Coyote and two JPCs (one in Coyote and one in Multicam).  I know of a lot of imitations for both but have never heard of a licensed copy.  Sorry for my ignorance.
ZShot sells crye licensed copies of their gear. I've heard the quality varies considerably with some saying it's pretty crappy and others saying it's not too far off.

There are minor tweaks made, like back panels being incompatible with the real ones.
Yes Zshot ones are licensed direct from Crye. Crye provided the patterns and designs as well as their licensed tape that says crye. They had to change small things in the design as part of the agreement, like the zippers for the back panels being of different size and the shoulder buckles come in black instead of the tan that full crye comes with... just to name a few. They are made with Crye patterns and authentic materials but made overseas so not berry compliant. Most of the materials are authentic cordura soruced outside the US. The exception is the mulitcam ones are US matrerial sourced from the US. That is why the multicam pattern ones are much more in cost as they have to pay to ship the materials from the US overseas and adds to the cost.

I kind of think of them like LBX is to LBT. With the difference being that LBX is LBT and oversees their products that are made in other countries to be cheaper than full LBT stuff. The zshot stuff is made by a 3rd party with pretty good QC, stitching, thread, and materials but still probably not on the same level as LBX.

They do not recommend using the crye licensed stuff for real plates but mostly just discourage the use of it in real situations mostly. Looking them both over the licensed copy is of good quality but that said its still a copy. You are getting a replica made overseas and only a 12 month warranty over lifetime.

I only got this one to mess with mostly because it was an outlet one and only cost $115 shipped so figure if it fails it was fun to mess with. I highly recommend the Crye for a ton of reasons most already know, that said only paying $115 for something that is authorized by Crye doesn't make me feel crummy like buying unlicensed Chinese knock offs would.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Spiritus Chest Rig
Blue Alpha Belt
G Code Holster, Mag Carriers

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a pair of the dynamis gloves. So far I like them a lot, will hold off final judgement until I see how long they actually last though. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Took me a couple hours to hang this by myself, but I finally started getting some of my gear organized.  Now I get to play gear tetris on my wall instead of throwing everything into a closet.  Still got a lot more stuff to hang up though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2019 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Mayflower APC and an AWS 6094 rebrand dubbed the OCPC

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#38]
@ridgedaddy

I have an aws inbound, did yours come with a kangaroo mag shingle insert? If not, what are you running?
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By david_the_greek:
@ridgedaddy

I have an aws inbound, did yours come with a kangaroo mag shingle insert? If not, what are you running?
View Quote
They do not come with one. I think this one is an LBT.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I started my time in the Army during the tail end of the ALICE days, and always thought it would be cool to set up a modernized MOLLE version.  @DisposableHero 's set ups inspired me to set up this junkyard rig of stuff I had in some of my old tough boxes in the basement.

Suspenders are Tactical Tailor that I bought years ago and never used.
Belt is scavenged from part of my old SPEAR vest
Mag pouches are surplus USMC pouches bought cheap when Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet was shutting down
Canteens are my old issued 1 Qts in my old SPEAR pouches
Butt Pack is an Specter Gear GP pouch that used to be on the bottom of an assault pack I had
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
I started my time in the Army during the tail end of the ALICE days, and always thought it would be cool to set up a modernized MOLLE version.  @DisposableHero 's set ups inspired me to set up this junkyard rig of stuff I had in some of my old tough boxes in the basement.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/330909da205a748d57e6ac868bd32dd7/tumblr_prrhqcPaUY1tws180o1_1280.jpg

Mag pouches are surplus USMC pouches bought cheap when Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet was shutting down
Butt Pack is an Specter Gear GP pouch that used to be on the bottom of an assault pack I had
View Quote
Neat, modern setup!  Well done!
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Nothing too extravagant right now. Have a few more pouches I’m hunting as well as some comtacs that need to be ordered. Radio and equipment not in pic but comms are also generally on there (HAM)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 9:43:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankW134] [#43]

View Quote
Where did Eggroll go?  Haven't seen him in a long time.

A very important addition to my armor ensemble...

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:18:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#44]
Dual comm with comtac iv and ops core carbon maritime cut.

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.imgur.com/KKzD7M1.jpg
View Quote
Nice!  who made that cover?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By billpete:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By billpete:

It’s a modified UR Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Perfect, thank you.  Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Where did you get the PTT that works with the Baofeng?  I understand they have to be special made so that the resistance of the radio is changed to be compatible with the headset...
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:
Where did you get the PTT that works with the Baofeng?  I understand they have to be special made so that the resistance of the radio is changed to be compatible with the headset...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:

Yes they need to be amplified to work with mil dynamic microphones on the sordin/comtacs. I got mine from a guy in uk that converts them. However www.disco32.com just got them back in stock for same price and is in the US so no overseas shipping.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By PirateEC:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/330909da205a748d57e6ac868bd32dd7/tumblr_prrhqcPaUY1tws180o1_1280.jpg

View Quote
That looks pretty good.  I just rearranged some stuff on my belt and suspenders setup, which is what I'd use if I actually had to use a full set of gear for some reason; surplus stuff is affordable for folks like me on a low budget, and the stuff works.

Still need an IFAK.  Funny thing is, the IFAK will probably cost more than the rest of my gear combined (which is why I haven't gotten around to buyong one, yet, but I really want to get one ASAP).  The empty pouch on the buttpack is a stand-in for the IFAK pouch (I'm leaning towards the Chinook Medical one right now).

Suspenders are M1967 MLCE.

Belt is ALICE (this one I actually used for FEXs in college ROTC, since I had a belt-and-suspenders set for that back then).  I have a belt extender attached to it.

Butt pack is a M1961 I fitted with fastex buckles.

Mag pouches on belt are Canadian Pattern 82 double pouches for 20-round FAL mags.

Mag pouches on suspenders are USMC M1961 single pouches for 20-round M-14 mags.

Camelbak is a Thermobak 3L.

Canteen pouch is a M1967, I think.

Holster is a Belgian Luchtmacht surplus for the Hi Power (based on a British or Canadian pattern, I think), which has compartments for a cleaning rod and spare mag and is leather-lined.

Pistol mag pouch is an Esstac Kywi I got at Cola Warrior.

Dump pouch is a BFG Ten Speed attached using an M1910 wire hanger (so it doesn't slide around; also helps keep the mag pouches in place).  Got lucky and was able to buy the pouch cheap on ebay.

Radio pouch is made by Tactical Tailor.

Bayonet and frong and scabbard are made by IMBEL.

Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top