Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:27:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#1]
ESSTAC Ownage !
ESSTAC Shooters Belt (Inner outer Belt system)
Light weight rig I run 90% of the time with a PC.

Have been known to plus up Mag pouches from time to time. Using the newer Kywi Belt Attachmentsfrom Stu as well.

UPDATE!!!

Check it!

The Belt Loops are a New design and have a slight lip on the side to lock it into the MOLLE pouch better. They fit tight so they don't slide around when putting on the belt but like was said above double sided Velcro tape can be used in a pinch.
The MC belt seems even stiffer than the Coyote although it may just be cause its newer but all and all it will not fold. Even the inner belt is MC..

Bad ASS Stu!!!  
chuck
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
nice. Very similar to my setup, although I just use a dsg shooters belt.

the esstac pouches are top notch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
ESSTAC Ownage !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170118_200559_zpsg9jfxeeq.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170124_123935_zpsvgwoctn9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170124_124001_zpscnbgn4hc.jpg
Have been known to plus up Mag pouches from time to time. Using the newer Kywi Belt Attachmentsfrom Stu as well.
chuck
View Quote

Looks good! How well do the pouches hold position using the kywi belt adapters? Do they slide around when not worn? Also a random question, could you measure the thickness of the belt? I'm comparing thickness to a dsg comp belt. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Maddy21:

Looks good! How well do the pouches hold position using the kywi belt adapters? Do they slide around when not worn? Also a random question, could you measure the thickness of the belt? I'm comparing thickness to a dsg comp belt. Thanks!
View Quote

The belt and Kywi adaptors are 1.75" ( click the link in red in my post for specs) No, they do not move or slide easily when not worn. You can move them but you have to push them if you want to. The thickness of the belt and width of the Kywi is pretty tight so it has never been an issue. When worn there is no way for them to move because the inner belt holds them in place with hook and loop.
I have pretty much switched over to these type belts because they are just plain and simply more comfortable for me. As I get older, I am all about light weight and streamlining gear. I will get a pic of my "heavy" set up in the coming days. Basically it is a double stack Kywi Rifle and triple Pistol and a Tear away Med Pouch. I have also started using a Safariland GLS Paddle Holster in some cases. Its nice to be able to switch Holsters easily for different guns without "unstringing them" from the belt because I can use the Kywi pistol mag pouches for either my M&P45/ 9mm or my M9. I just swap holsters and go.
MOLLE belts are so "Obama Admenstruation era" ......    And yes I spelled "Admenstruation" correctly in this case............
cp
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Word! Thanks for the info CP
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
ESSTAC Ownage !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170118_200559_zpsg9jfxeeq.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170124_123935_zpsvgwoctn9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170124_124001_zpscnbgn4hc.jpg
chuck
View Quote

I've been looking at getting a minimalist 2 belt setup.  I was the looking at the HSGI 2 belt Operator belt but the Esstac pictured looks perfect. What is the rigidity like?  Is is pretty rigid on its own or does it really stiffen up when attached to the inner belt?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It is already a very rigid belt but when the inner belt is added it just becomes even more so.
Cp
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dj1975232] [#8]
It is already a very rigid belt but when the inner belt is added it just becomes even more so.
Cp
View Quote

Thanks.  I ordered a set after my post and they are being delivered today.  Nice fast shipping Esstac.

ETA  I received it today and am very impressed. It can be used alone or with the inner belt. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:
Hsgi belt with tacos
Pig plate carrier with pig hydration carrier and level IV plates.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-2142-119238.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-2141-119240.JPG
View Quote

I got a similar set up, main difference is I have multicam and use the PIG chest rig. I have thought about getting the PIG hydration carrier though. Love the PIG and HSGI belt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys, just went through all 75 pages today and there are tons of great set ups in here!  My new belt is also an Esstac with some of their kywi pouches, a Safariland ALS for my Glock 17, and some cheap molle pouches that I use for my Surefire EB1 and my Leatherman Charge titanium multi-tool.  I'm still looking for a good tear-off ifak and a compact dump pouch.  Oh and I need a way to keep the mag pouches from sliding around, such a thing as velco belt keepers?  Maybe I could just cut up some strips of velcro and wrap around the belt.

MOAR ESSTAC  

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By f402mech:
 Oh and I need a way to keep the mag pouches from sliding around, such a thing as velco belt keepers?  Maybe I could just cut up some strips of velcro and wrap around the belt.
View Quote

Some piece of sticky back loop velcro inside your mounting setup to mate to the belt will keep everything in place.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By esstac-:

Some piece of sticky back loop velcro inside your mounting setup to mate to the belt will keep everything in place.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the tip.

And straight from the horse's mouth to boot
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#13]
f402mech - I am looking at a similar setup.  I have just not decided between the Esstac belt or volund gearworks V2.  I really like the Volund but I have used Esstac for several years and love there stuff.  With the positive comments from people on here about there belt my choice is not easy.  As far as the pouches you mention, take a look at BFG's Micro Trauma Kit NOW! (Its a pull out) and there Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch.  BFG makes good quality items as well and these look very low profile.  The Micro Trauma Kit NOW could be easily taken off and carried hiking or other event.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:01:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By f402mech:
 Oh and I need a way to keep the mag pouches from sliding around, such a thing as velco belt keepers?  Maybe I could just cut up some strips of velcro and wrap around the belt.

To Caveat on the "Godfather" comments.......  Get THIS "click here" . Mine doesnt really need it but it can be used in a pinch!

TEASER!!!!   Just got an email from ESSTAC..... MC version of my belt above is on the way!!!! Pics up ASAP and just in time for the Army Small Arms Championship next month!

WOOHOO!!!!  
cp
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#15]

Ronin Tactics Warrior Belt
T-Rex Arms Ragnarok
HSGI Double MOLLE Taco
Maxpedition dump pouch
Cheap MOLLE AR15 Mag Pouch (for now)
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
been using an ares gear ranger for the belt related activites but the constant taking on and off to weave things through really sucks.

Ordered a Ronin Tactics task force belt.

exciting times ahead.

Anyone know if the HSGI belt mounted rifle/pistol pouches will fit it or will i need the molle ones?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's my Ronin Tactics belt.  I'd use molle it's a lot more secure/stable.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jormungandr:
been using an ares gear ranger for the belt related activites but the constant taking on and off to weave things through really sucks.

Ordered a Ronin Tactics task force belt.

exciting times ahead.

Anyone know if the HSGI belt mounted rifle/pistol pouches will fit it or will i need the molle ones?
View Quote

I have the belt mount tacos on my Esstac belt and that is 1.75" like the Ronin belt so you shoud be gtg.  I believe the HSGI belt mount pouches can expand out quite a bit as well for larger belts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
ended up getting the molle attached hsgi pouches, hope it works out...things are damn expensive.

$200 for like 5/6 pouches.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I think you'll be a lot happier attaching them that way.  There's nothing cheap about a good setup
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine is still a work in progress. I will be replacing the Serpa with a Safariland low ride. The khukuri was just for kicks, but wears well. It is usually not there and I have a 2x rifle mag pouch there.
The belt is a BAE Eclipse padded and is really comfortable, especially with the larger mid back piece. The pouches are also BAE. I have to sew on the medic cross patch on the vertical IFAK.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#22]
Updated pics with new ESSTAC Belt and Belt Loops Check it out TOP OF THE PAGE!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TanklessPro:
Mine is still a work in progress. I will be replacing the Serpa with a Safariland low ride. The khukuri was just for kicks, but wears well. It is usually not there and I have a 2x rifle mag pouch there.
The belt is a BAE Eclipse padded and is really comfortable, especially with the larger mid back piece. The pouches are also BAE. I have to sew on the medic cross patch on the vertical IFAK.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r673/Wdforbus/IMG_1326_zpsluibmfag.jpg
View Quote

I would not be able to run with a knife that big on my belt
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tyler315:
My first warbelt setup.
View Quote

What med pouch is that?  Ambi?  Slides out either way?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#26]
ESSTAC Ownage !

UPDATE!!!

Check it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170206_090046_zpsdjb3q9kr.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170206_090128_zpshumwzae6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/20170206_090138_zps3dc1ek7a.jpg

The Belt Loops are a New design and have a slight lip on the side to lock it into the MOLLE pouch better. They fit tight so they don't slide around when putting on the belt but like was said above double sided Velcro tape can be used in a pinch.
The MC belt seems even stiffer than the Coyote although it may just be cause its newer but all and all it will not fold. Even the inner belt is MC..

Bad ASS Stu!!!  
chuck
View Quote
Looks good, interested on your thoughts on the short vs tall kywis as I see you converted, I have some talls that I got from the last bless sale and I am curious on how easy it is to grip the mag
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Any clue what that cheap ar mag pouch is? I'm after a pouch with that ride height.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jd0509:

Any clue what that cheap ar mag pouch is? I'm after a pouch with that ride height.
View Quote
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R6DF6V2?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:45:26 AM EDT
[#30]
So what is up with the almost complete lack of flashlights on these belt set ups? Do you guys run your handhelds on your carriers or just point your gun at everything you want to look at?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Steeles:
Question for you guys that run your belts fairly often.   I'm slowly putting mine together and ran into a question.  

background to this question, I shoot a 2 gun match at least once a month, rifle and pistol, with more emphasis on rifle.  Usually requiring a mag change and maybe a transition to pistol.  

this thread has been a great inspiration for me as far as setting this up, but as i'm standing in my living room getting some stuff placed around the belt and practicing reloads from the belt something occurred to me.  everyone I've seen runs pistol mags closer to centerline followed by rifle mags.  if your rifle is to be your primary why does no one put primary ammo front?  (LEO duty belts where your pistol is primary I understand, they typically don't have rifle mags on duty belts anyway) I found it slightly awkward reaching back over my pistol mags to reach my rifle mags.  I know at least part of that is it's a new setup and I gotta get the muscle memory down but was curios if there was another reason I was not aware of.  

thanks for listening and I'll be back to post pics when i get things where I like them.
View Quote
Rifle mags in front = tops of mags hitting bottom of plate carrier. Plus the grip index of a pistol mag is easier toward front. Grip index of a reverseD rifle mag with beer can style grip is actually more natural toward side.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DevL:
So what is up with the almost complete lack of flashlights on these belt set ups? Do you guys run your handhelds on your carriers or just point your gun at everything you want to look at?
View Quote
Light on pistol and rifle, usually wear a headlamp around my neck, and things that see in the dark etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#33]
View Quote
Flashlight is part of my EDC so it's clipped in my front pocket, I also have a light on my rifle and pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEK7562] [#34]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
One weapon light on the rifle, and my EDC Surefire goes in my admin pouch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
I always have a light in my left rear pocket.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#37]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:

Looks good, interested on your thoughts on the short vs tall kywis as I see you converted, I have some talls that I got from the last bless sale and I am curious on how easy it is to grip the mag
View Quote
Sorry been away shooting see my post Here  
I prefer the full length rifle pouches when running a PC because it sits the rifle mag at the same height as my pistol mags. I have no trouble grabbing it with either pouch mounted, short or long. I ran the short at the above match at Fort Benning because it was already set up and I didn't bring the long pouch. I have also ran the Esstac double mag pouch /long and I like running it as well. All pouches are being run with the Kywi belt loops now and I have yet to break one or have one come loose. BTW the belt loops will work on Tacos too.
Cp
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I always have a light in my left rear pocket.
View Quote
Mine is left side pocket. 600 lumens. I know in a real hurry when I accidentally turn it on lol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah a light is part of my EDC.  So in theory I'll already have it on me if I ever need to throw on the belt
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#40]
Battle Belt 1.0

Battle Belt by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

Battle Belt 2.0

Battle Belt 2.0 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

From left to right:

USMC battle belt (got it at Old Grouch's)
Mini-Sharpie
Esstac double pistol kywi pouch
Blue Force gear double pistol pouch.  In there is a Surefire G2X Pro and a Victorinox Workchamp
Condor MA73 pouch with stuff inside:  2xcr123, bandaids, tylenol, alcohol wipes, bug bite wipes, duct tape on a card, Lubri-plate grease in a small snap case.
DIY IFAK w TQ.  Pull from either side.
EGL dump pouch
Glock G19 in Safariland 7378 mounted on a couple of DIY kydex mounts
Esstac short AR rifle pouch.

Possible, even likely changes, Tacos in place of the Esstacs and the BFG.  I'm a sucker for uniformity
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Question for your guys using two piece systems with inner liner belts:  Do you run your attachments behind the inner belt, or rely on the panel alone for support? I've got a helium whisper-type setup (Coyote Tactical/T-Rex Arms Orion with G-Code Soft-shells). My G-Code attachments are to long so need to order the shorter versions, but am trying to determine thickness. I can go thin if the helium-whisper material is sufficient. If the horde experience suggests running behind the belt then I'll order the thinker belt attachments. Thanks in advance! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quick question for you guys with the AWS labs, is the sizing based on pant size or actual waist measurement, Cant find it on their website, thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Trying to slim down from my hsgi belt and moved to a two piece belt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Thus thread needs more woodland

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm using the same holster as you now, with the surefire rail adapter/light

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Yup woodland is much more appropriate for my area than any cool guy FDE
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Beretta?  What's your holster?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ESMDHokie77:

Beretta?  What's your holster?
View Quote
@ESMDHokie77

Safariland STX
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Edit:
walmart emergency 'need a belt for a wedding or something' $10 special. its about 15 years old now. ultra light weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:
<a href="http://postimg.org/image/4pxldzhud/full/" target="_blank">http://s10.postimg.org/6hqk8w17d/12736522_10153874833302988_786794929_o.jpg</a>
image hosting 15mb
What belt is that?
walmart emergency 'need a belt for a wedding or something' $10 special. its about 15 years old now. ultra light weight.
This is a year and a half old qoute tree but I just had to thank you two retards for the laugh.

I have a Volund Gearworks V3 belt coming that I'll post pics of when I get it set up.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top