Page / 153
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Originally Posted By stretch415:
what do you all recommend for holsters? Id prefer not to get a model specific one in case my sidearm changes but I currently have a service model(4") XD9 w/surefire x300

Do you want a drop leg, low ride / offset, or standard belt config? Too many to configs and models to choose from.

FWIW I also have a 4" XD and use a Bladetech offset on ATS war belt. Bladetech will make just about any holster you want for any firearm, with or without light. For me a standard belt holster rides too high, and I dislike drop leg / thigh holsters, as even the most steady tend to flop around a bit when you run. YMMV quite a bit.

@ fisterkev, if you go with a truly non-specific holster, you will be greatly sacrificing ease of reholstering and the application of your retention device with one hand.  Basically, you'll have a holster good for hunting, but not for tactical work.  You need a holster dedicated to your gun to assure retention and the ability to reholster one-handed.  If you change guns, sell your holster with the gun.

@ stretch415, would you mind posting up pix of your Bladetech holster?  I run a Safariland 6285, which is has a 1.5" drop from the belt, and I've added two t-spacers to move the holster body further out from my hip, and it works very well.

You got that backwards... I'm the one with the Bladetech, and I agree on the nonspecific holsters. Personally I'm sold on molded holsters from now on for all the reasons you mentioned.

As for the pics, ask and ye shall receive...
Here's a couple of the BT on a regular belt:

On the warbelt:

Detail of inside of warbelt:

And one of the warbelt... I was going to wait until finished, but I guess I'll just post again later. So far:

I'm going to add suspenders, replace both mag pouches with an ATS Triple Triple pouch, and add an ATS dump pouch (rollypolly style). Pending funds...
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tacdog34] [#3]
Let's bring a more "civilian" or everyday slant on this thread. This is my daily carry plus a few options for carbine usage, etc. I call it "Low Profile Engagement Belt".

Wilderness Instructor Belt - 1-1/2"
Desantis Double Magazine Pouch w/two spares
Gould & Goodrich Pancake Holster
SIG P220 (West German - is there another?)
5.11 Double M4 Pouch w/30rd PMags (soon to replace with BladeTech kydex pouches)
CRKT M16HD Folding Knife
Surefire G2
TacPack Trauma Kit

Not Shown:  RRA 16" Middy and Maxpedition Dump Pouch

This is all I need for daily discreet carry (sans M4 stuff of course). I carry this setup daily anyway as part of my CCW setup. I change out the pistol for my Glock 19 or 34 with holster and pouches if I want. If I need the M4, I grab the mag pouch, carbine, and Maxpedition Dump Pouch and roll.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Noob  question . . . .

It looks llke most of these war belts you just snap on over your clothes and you don't thread them through belt loops.  Do they shift when you're moving or lift up when you're drawing a mag out of the pouches?  Or do you tighten these so tight my previously mentioned concerns aren't an issue?
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 10:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisterkev] [#5]
Originally Posted By Halfbreed_83:
Noob  question . . . .

It looks llke most of these war belts you just snap on over your clothes and you don't thread them through belt loops.  Do they shift when you're moving or lift up when you're drawing a mag out of the pouches?  Or do you tighten these so tight my previously mentioned concerns aren't an issue?

If it shifts when you're drawing a mag, then it's too loose. Tight enough it doesn't bounce around, loose enough that it doesn't hurt. It also depends on how you prefer it, whether you're wearing armor, chest rig / LBV, suspenders, etc.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Noob  question . . . .

depends on your load out and body type. but if you snug it down, and have it loaded right it <shouldn't> move
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, thanks for the replies!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Noob  question . . . .

I'm a skinny and have a thin (32") waist. I have no problems static shooting, but the belt rides up when doing a lot of moving. I solved this by wrapping velcro keepers around the war belt and my inner belt in three separate places. Now I have no problems running, climbing over walls, crawling through tunnels, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#9]
fisterkev.......what inner belt you running?  also what is the width?
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By survivorman:
fisterkev.......what inner belt you running?  also what is the width?

It's the ATS belt insert made for the ATS warbelt. It's got velcro running the length of the belt that mates solidly with the warbelt's velcro. It's a 2" belt; note that it is not really suitable as a stand-alone belt, as it is thin and will not support loads well independent of the warbelt. It was designed for use with a warbelt.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]

It's the ATS belt insert made for the ATS warbelt. It's got velcro running the length of the belt that mates solidly with the warbelt's velcro. It's a 2" belt; note that it is not really suitable as a stand-alone belt, as it is thin and will not support loads well independent of the warbelt. It was designed for use with a warbelt.

This is very accurate.  I returned an Eagle, a Tactical Tailor, and an ATS belt because of lack of stiffness and how some of them had overlapping straps and buckles on the front.  As much as I hate to buy/recommend anything from them ... the BLACKHAWK! Enhanced Military Web Belt is the best solution I have found for an inner belt, when you factor in cost and stiffness.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
does it have velcro on the inside to attach to most these war belts....and what is width?
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll second the BH enhanced web belt. I have been using one for years and it is the best belt to run with a padded belt in my opinion. The width is standard 2.25" and they come with fuzzy side velcro on the inside of the belt.

There very rigid and easy and quick to adjust. and the new style buckle stays secure....

I run mine with a ICE pad and for the price, it's one of the better pieces of gear BH produces. Can't understand why anyone would run any other kind of belt, especially the riggers type belts which are harder to put on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 10:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisterkev] [#14]
Don't get me wrong - the ATS inner belt is perfect with the ATS warbelt, as no stiffness is required: the velcro mating up will carry virtually any load you'd want to carry on a warbelt. It is simply insufficient for a stand alone belt. But perfect for a warbelt.

Overseas I used a belt very similar to the BH belt mentioned (bought in PX, forgot maker). Such belts are really the best for stand alone use, but in a warbelt I don't think the stiffness is really necessary. The only load they're supporting in a warbelt is your holster / sidearm and any drop-leg or subload you might be carrying, anything attached to the warbelt is supported by the warbelt, and not the inner belt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't get me wrong - the ATS inner belt is perfect with the ATS warbelt, as no stiffness is required ... Overseas I used a belt very similar to the BH belt mentioned (bought in PX, forgot maker). Such belts are really the best for stand alone use, but in a warbelt I don't think the stiffness is really necessary.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.  I find that a sloppy belt reduces the stability of my belt-drop holster, and makes draws less positive.  As well, I prefer the stiffness of the heavier belt, just as I preferred it when I previously ran a CR Speed IPSC belt as my 1st Line when I was in Group.

To me, there is no advantage to having a belt with little stiffness, and only disadvantages.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#16]
My holster is actually fairly similar to yours in design, I think, and I've got no slop at all with the ATS belts. The velcro keeps it solidly stuck to the warbelt, so it is as stiff as the warbelt itself. I've noticed absolutely no problems drawing, it actually seems really smooth and stable on my setup.

I can see where there might be a problem if you've got a sloppy belt without the velcro, like a typical riggers belt that doesn't mate velcro with the warbelt. But with the ATS system they were designed to be used together, and I haven't experienced that problem.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#17]

This is what i'm running right now.  I actually took it out just a little bit ago, and it worked pretty damn great.

TT modular padded belt
My ICE survival kit discussed in detail in another thread.  I replaced the old battle dressing with an izzy.
A DBT surefire G2 pouch
Emdom 6o4
TT modular holster for G19
spec ops combat master with kabar and multi tool

So far I hate the knife banging me in the leg.  I definatly want a fixed blade on my belt, and right now i'm using my kabar i've had for many years.  I havne't really decided on what i'm going to do to solve that problem.  I also carry my multi tool in the front pouch on that sheath.  It works but isn't ideal.

The TT holster sits up high, and I know most guys run drop legs.  I just got that holster as a stop gap until I decide on what I want to do.  I'm surprised at how well it works with my glock.  Sitting up high on the belt like it is I have no problem sitting in a vehicle with the belt on.  Drawing is fantastic, and pretty fast even while sitting.  I'm impressed.

The 6o4 is awesome, and I can get the mags out fast.  I love that pouch.

The DBT light holster fits my G2 great, and doesnt jab me in the gut or hip where it is.

All in all I tested the whole thing outside on a light hike, ran some drills with my glock, and tested it all in my truck.  I could drive in comfort, draw inside the vehicle, bail out fast with no hang ups even with the kabar hanging down I had no problem getting in and out of a vehicle.  It sets just right.

I really like this setup so far.  I need to work on the knife thing, but I may keep this rig.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Don't get me wrong - the ATS inner belt is perfect with the ATS warbelt, as no stiffness is required ... Overseas I used a belt very similar to the BH belt mentioned (bought in PX, forgot maker). Such belts are really the best for stand alone use, but in a warbelt I don't think the stiffness is really necessary.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I find that a sloppy belt reduces the stability of my belt-drop holster, and makes draws less positive. As well, I prefer the stiffness of the heavier belt, just as I preferred it when I previously ran a CR Speed IPSC belt as my 1st Line when I was in Group.

To me, there is no advantage to having a belt with little stiffness, and only disadvantages. YMMV.

FWIW, when I ordered my ATS war belt, the lady taking my order - after our lengthy discussion - told me not to buy their inner belt; it wouldn't be stiff enough.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry guys but I have another noob question . . . .

Do war belts, the ones with the molle webbing, get in the way of your second line gear?  Maybe I'm just over thinking it but it would seem that a vest and a war belt would take up quite a bit of space (I'm 5 foot 8 inches). This will be my first time buying this stuff for a SHTF scenario and I want to avoid a lot of trial and error.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#20]
if you wear it on your hips where it goes, and you don't buy a plate carrier that is two sizes to big for you, no.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maguzi308] [#21]

belt on top of pc

My attempt @ a first line belt, that is turning into OLD SKOL/New Tech LBE.  I Have never been a minimalist in this area,  I still have my old lbe it was loaded.  Bored in the room photos on my phone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry guys but I have another noob question . . . .

Do war belts, the ones with the molle webbing, get in the way of your second line gear?  Maybe I'm just over thinking it but it would seem that a vest and a war belt would take up quite a bit of space (I'm 5 foot 8 inches). This will be my first time buying this stuff for a SHTF scenario and I want to avoid a lot of trial and error.

Thanks!

Don't have a 1st line/war belt but your body armor/fighting load (second line) should be snug to your body. This allows greater freedom of movement and should cover all your important parts. Its also why I believe Shakennotstirred has his FASTMags upside down. I saw that and kind of raised an eyebrow but it makes sense. Definately something to consider when you're piecing this whole hting together. I imagine it takes some playing with to get used to

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imortal] [#23]
Took me a while, but I finally got a pic of my current setup.  It is in the never ending modification phase.  I am waiting on a belt pad, and thinking about adding suspenders.  I am also contiplating changing ofer to a MOLLE belt, provided I can find the right one.  Well, here it is:

What it is:

Underneath is a Bianchi PatrolTek Duty belt.

Then, from left to right:

Surefire G2LED mounted in a Safariland RLS
Garrett Industries SLMC (Spring Loaded Magazine Carrier) with 4 M&P magazines
3 Gen 2 FAST Mags mounted on an EAGLE Drop leg mounted to the belt
Maxpedition RolyPoly Dump bag
Maxpedition 5x7x2 horizontal GP pouch
Gerber LMFII and a S&W M&P 40 in a
Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 (on a MOLLE mount) mounted on another Eagle drop leg mount on the belt
HSGI Bleeder blowout pouch
Maxpedition FR-1 medic pouch

I found this an excellent way to mount the FAST mags.  It keeps them magazine up, and low enough that they do not dig into ribs or armor.  They are mounted close, and form a natural curve that fits the curve of my hip.  Very comfortable.  THe MOLLE mounting of the Serpa hoster is decent.  It was a bit floppy at first, but I put in some of the Blackhawk Speedclips to stiffen it up.  Works well as a mount for the pistol and the knife.

For those that are wondering, yes, it is pretty heavy.  However, I am used to it, and don't feel it is too much of an issue.  Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:59:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fisterkev] [#24]
Originally Posted By Backstop:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I find that a sloppy belt reduces the stability of my belt-drop holster, and makes draws less positive. As well, I prefer the stiffness of the heavier belt, just as I preferred it when I previously ran a CR Speed IPSC belt as my 1st Line when I was in Group.

To me, there is no advantage to having a belt with little stiffness, and only disadvantages. YMMV.

FWIW, when I ordered my ATS war belt, the lady taking my order - after our lengthy discussion - told me not to buy their inner belt; it wouldn't be stiff enough.

Well, that certainly is odd, because mine with the velcro mating seems to have plenty of support for everything I'm running. Odd that they would tell you not to buy their own products, too, after they had designed them to work together.... No offense, but I must question this.

I think if you try and use the inner belt with another warbelt that does not have the velcro to mate with then it might be a problem. Or if you use the ATS warbelt with an inner belt that does not mate by velcro then you might have a problem. But using the two together? They were designed to work together, and in conjunction are absolutely no less stiff than any other warbelt with integral belt. It is as stiff with as much support as the warbelt itself, which certainly has more support than most stand alone belts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Backstop:

Well, that certainly is odd, because mine with the velcro mating seems to have plenty of support for everything I'm running. Odd that they would tell you not to buy their own products, too, after they had designed them to work together.... No offense, but I must question this.

I think if you try and use the inner belt with another warbelt that does not have the velcro to mate with then it might be a problem. Or if you use the ATS warbelt with an inner belt that does not mate by velcro then you might have a problem. But using the two together? They were designed to work together, and in conjunction are absolutely no less stiff than any other warbelt with integral belt. It is as stiff with as much support as the warbelt itself, which certainly has more support than most stand alone belts.

I really can't think of anything to post in response to your post - specifically the part in red - that wouldn't get me banned.

Aside from:  I don't give a flying fuck what you think - or question.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope this thread gets tacked and moreover I hope we can stay on the topic.  There is a lot of good information contained and I for one am very interested in purchasing some type of belt to utilize at the range.  Lets keep the finger pointing to a minimum and stay on track.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Rog.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Emdom and OPT each sell 'loose' velcro.  If I get a MOLLE warbelt, I will use a standard duty belt.  I may end up having to buy additional velcro and mount it to the belt myself to ensure having the propper fit.  They list the velcro as having a very strong glue, and if it starts to peel I can always superglue it back, I suppose.

This seems like a really low cost solution to me.

I was also recommended against using a 'standard' inner belt due to the items I wanted to mount to it under the warbelt.  I don't know what conversation Backstop had with the rep he talked to, but I suspect it was along a similar vein and Backstop told her his needs.  I admire a company who tells you that their product may not be the one you want.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#31]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Someone pm'd me and asked for up close pics of the kydex poucehs from my belt on page 1, i accidently deleted it.

This is all I got:

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#32]
OST
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Just got this set up today. I'm sure it will evolve as I get some time with it.

ATS War Belt - Ranger Green
Tactical Tailor 556 single mag pouches - Ranger Green (x2)
Tactical Tailor triple pistol mag pouch - Ranger Green
Maxpedition rollypolly - Foliage
Safariland 6005 (G21 w/ TLR1) - Foliage
Paraclete small GP pouch - Smoke Green
Blackhawk web belt - OD

My initial impression is good. The ATS belt appears to be great quality and is surprisingly comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Here is mine. Its a work in progress, but it is coming along. Currently attached is:
TT Triple Pistol Mag Pouch- I might replace this with a double mag version, but we'll see.
Spec-Ops Knife sheath
6004 for Sig P226 w. X300

If the brown truck shows up on time, then I'll have an ATS belt insert, ATS double pistol mag pouch and a small utility pouch to attach on Thursday.
Planned additions- Gemtech Lanyard and a Maxpedition Nalgene pouch.

Spitfire, I use the same sheath as you and I think I have a solution for you.  You can use the 550 cord and a cordlock to attach the knife to your leg or you can do what I did. I removed the 550 cord and replaced it with shock cord. I barely notice the knife is there. It does take a bit longer to get the rig on, but it helps a lot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice solution thanks for the tip.

That kinda ticks me off I ordered that sheath in tan thinking it would be coyote, but it's obviously tan.  I wish these gear makers would get their descriptions right.  After seeing yours I didn't really think they made them in coyote.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I seem to remember when I ordered the sheath in 2006 or 07, I had the option for Coyote Brown and Coyote Tan. After checking out their website again, it seems they do not offer Coyote Tan anymore. Maybe CT became their new CB, who knows. But I agree, there is be a standard color pattern from manufacturers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Horseman] [#38]
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

ATS War Belt - $40
Gould & Goodrich duty belt - Free (had is lying around)
Diamondback Tactical quad pistol mag pouch - $31
2 Diamondback Tactical short AR mag shingles - $16 each
Safariland 6377 ALS holster using the Universal Belt Loop - $25
Maxpedition RollyPoly - $25

How come you're running your AR mags back/right side?  

Obviously, that's comfortable for you, but I'm wondering about taking the strong/control hand off the rifle during a mag change.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PsychoticForrest:
I seem to remember when I ordered the sheath in 2006 or 07, I had the option for Coyote Brown and Coyote Tan. After checking out their website again, it seems they do not offer Coyote Tan anymore. Maybe CT became their new CB, who knows. But I agree, there is be a standard color pattern from manufacturers.

It's cool I guess.  I'll just hit it with some krylon, or maybe try and dye it like everyone is doing with their other desert colored gear.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By iNuhBaDNayburhood:
Originally Posted By chromeluv:
Eagle Belt Pad
Jones Tactical Cobra Belt
Tactical Kydex Pouches
CSM Dump Ouch
G-Code SOC for a 1911 w/light mounted in a UDHP:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9094/dsc07767large.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6351/dsc07769large.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4619/dsc07768large.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6982/dsc07770large.jpg
WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GET THE G-CODE SOC for a M1911 with Light!?!?!?

I've been looking for one of those suckers for over a YEAR now, and still can't find one!!!

I looked for 3 years.....one finally popped on the EE..
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Blackwater Riggers belt
Blackhawk belt pad
RollyPolly dump pouch
Raven Concealment AK Mag sheath
Applegate-Fairbern fighting knife
Safariland 6004
HK USP45

I think I want to add a single usp mag pouch as the primary reload location, but other then that I cant think of anything else I really need on my belt.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Horseman:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/belt_rig_01_web.jpg

ATS War Belt - $40

Obviously, that's comfortable for you, but I'm wondering about taking the strong/control hand off the rifle during a mag change.  

Maybe he is left handed... ya i know the pistol is on the right side but if he is like me i shoot long arms left and pistols right, to me it makes sense
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisterkev] [#43]
Originally Posted By flyingjibus:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/belt.jpg

That AK mag sheath... Have you tried moving with that thing? How secure is it? Have you tried going prone / rolling with it?

Doesn't it edge into your side fierce?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By egress81:
Originally Posted By Horseman:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/belt_rig_01_web.jpg

ATS War Belt - $40

Maybe he is left handed... ya i know the pistol is on the right side but if he is like me i shoot long arms left and pistols right, to me it makes sense

That is correct. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I shoot pistols right handed and rifles left handed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By flyingjibus:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/belt.jpg

That AK mag sheath... Have you tried moving with that thing? How secure is it? Have you tried going prone / rolling with it?

Doesn't it edge into your side fierce?

It sits at about 8:30 position.  It moves with my body very well.  It will not come out with anything less then a swift upward pull.  It would dig a bit If I was to roll laterally while prone, but no where near as bad as the 6004 would.  Its a well thought out piece of gear.
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 10:29:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#46]
Here is mine, no need for a molle belt since i dont have molle stuf to put on it (other then the bleeder kit which works perfect just how it is)...

its actually very comfortabe with the belt pad, belt pad is wide and tapers off, hugs hips very nicely.

As you can see i like to run the stuff low and on subloads so if i want to throw on the chest rig it does not hang up on anything.

If I want to run really light i just run my glock 26 with 2 mags on a regualr belt.  And i through on a knife and flashlight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#47]
How easy is it to reload pistol mags from a subload? Seems like unless you have reeeaaalllyyy long arms you'd have to significantly disrupt your firing stance... And how easy is it to run with the subloads? I've always found it terribly annoying and difficult to really move with heavy subloads, as they are inherently unstable.

Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#48]
as far as grabbing the mags, NO trouble at all for me at all, my arm naturaly hanging down ges farther down then where i need to grab them. keep in mind i have to subload adjusted as high as i can.

as far as stability, again, you can see i have both subloads up as high as i can get them, this helps big time.  also the bayo helps support the subload as well.  I am still debating weather or not to chop down the holster and get rid of the top strap, but i have it pulled up pretty high now and i run all over with it and it stays put.

it might not work for some but it works great for me.  hell i ran that load through a 2 day magpul class with 4 ar mags on it as well.  now by the end of the second day it was starting to get a little shitty, but i also did not have the belt pad then eather.  i have also found it helps to keep the supporting staps looser, i keep them so they just help keep it from twisting, if you have them tighter they eventually slide down and actually pull of the load and make it feel heavier then it is.

i am running a pistol compition sunday and will have it on for a few hours, so that will be the test with this newer layout, but i think it will work good...ill update on how it goes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#49]
and...used it for about 4 hours sun without taking it off...was suprizingly comfortable...i did raise the holster a little more and remove the top strap, it was sturdy and comfortable so when i got home i chopped it and painted it foliage green.  turned out nice.  used krylon, only waited an hour to put it back together so i scratched it up a little but i figure its gonna get scrathed all up anyway and i wanted to see it all together.  i just hope since i scratched it before it was cured it doesnt start peeling,  time will tell how well the krylon holds up.  If i ever repaint it i wount be taking it apart first i can tell you that much.

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#50]
At the moment, I have an ATS War Belt in Multicam with a matching ATS Dump Pouch and an ATS Triple AR mag/1911 mag pouch and a Blackhawk SERPA Holster with MOLLE attachment. THe belt had a black Bianchi police belt, but since i am preparing a nylon duty rig (currently using a leather rig), I removed it and use one of my leather liner belts instead. I'll post a pic as soon as i get home today.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top